Will the Historical Area Endure?

Old 04-18-2024, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,542 Times in 3,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mayes View Post
Hmmmmm…..I live south of 44. Been here three years and have never received a “boil water” alert.
So - this thread is about the Historic section.

Anything south of the Historic section - and its immediate surrounds - which would be the Spanish Springs area - is the "southern" area, in the context of this thread.

You probably knew that though.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,542 Times in 3,117 Posts

Regarding the "kissing lanais" reference - feel free to run a search right here on the Talk of the Village forum for the phrase, and you'll get lots and lots of posts from people who have either bought in those neighborhoods, or considered them, or asked about them and were given lots of answers from long-time members, or seen them, or yes - heard about them from their hairdresser.

They're definitely a thing, they're not new, they are absolutely a downside in some areas where the developer made the decision to place the back wall of houses incredibly close to the back wall of other houses, with lanais in incredibly close proximity to each other.

My exaggeration and imaginative verbiage doesn't change the fact that they exist, and they can be problematic for people who enjoy peace and quiet on their lanais, in areas where lanais are placed incredibly close to each other.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Her info on kissing lanais was incorrect...

The picture she painted is not real...
J - Allow me to mention that you make many comments like this. Where you will make a declaration about something but, not define or describe why you are taking that position.

The opinion has no value whatsoever to any readers without context or contrary facts provided.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Regarding the "kissing lanais" reference - feel free to run a search right here on the Talk of the Village forum for the phrase, and you'll get lots and lots of posts from people who have either bought in those neighborhoods, or considered them, or asked about them and were given lots of answers from long-time members, or seen them, or yes - heard about them from their hairdresser.

They're definitely a thing, they're not new, they are absolutely a downside in some areas where the developer made the decision to place the back wall of houses incredibly close to the back wall of other houses, with lanais in incredibly close proximity to each other.

My exaggeration and imaginative verbiage doesn't change the fact that they exist, and they can be problematic for people who enjoy peace and quiet on their lanais, in areas where lanais are placed incredibly close to each other.
Kind of leap frogging off the lanai comment, am I correct that we should avoid southern facing lanais, due to excessive heat?

Thank you for your insight. I've very much appreciated it.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,311 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherflippinpicker View Post
The beauty of TV is like no other. We currently live in a very pretty gated community on the Treasure Coast.
Quote:
Kind of leap frogging off the lanai comment, am I correct that we should avoid southern facing lanais, due to excessive heat?

Thank you for your insight. I've very much appreciated it.
Yes. Here in TV we share the same sun as Treasure Coast. Difference is we have no afternoon sea breeze. If you are moving here year round coming from the coast you should rent here in August to make a fair comparison.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Yes. Here in TV we share the same sun as Treasure Coast. Difference is we have no afternoon sea breeze. If you are moving here year round coming from the coast you should rent here in August to make a fair comparison.
We've stayed there several times in the summer months and it's very hot! We still love it!
Old 04-18-2024, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,378 Times in 2,400 Posts

Quote:
We've stayed there several times in the summer months and it's very hot! We still love it!
When you stayed, which direction did the lanai face?
Old 04-18-2024, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
When you stayed, which direction did the lanai face?
We stayed with friends and they do not have a lanai.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:43 PM

Quote:
So - this thread is about the Historic section.

Anything south of the Historic section - and its immediate surrounds - which would be the Spanish Springs area - is the "southern" area, in the context of this thread.

You probably knew that though.
I didn’t get that from your post. I jumped to the conclusion that you meant south of 44.

Sorry about that.
Old 04-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,762 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Hello,

Our home sold and we are finally moving to TV. To say we are excited is an understatement. We are house shopping this weekend.

My husband and I very much love the original area for its hills, large yards, mature landscaping and the beautiful pool and we love the style of the well maintained manufactured homes, as they are all different. My concern is that this area will eventually be phased out by TV. Does anyone know if this has ever been a concern?

Anything is always possible, after all the beautiful indoor pool at the wellness center was destroyed to expand the hospital and was never replaced. A beautiful and impressive country club with resort pool, spa, and pool tiki bar was sacrificed to make room for more revenue generating housing, the amazing wellness center that offered residents the opportunity of membership for a very affordable price to encourage "America's healthiest hometown" was the saying of the time, but that too was ended suddenly, so you can't move here thinking things will not be suddenly changed. It's not like a traditional city or town where the resident's have a great deal of control, elect a city council, a mayor, etc. However, I would not worry about a purchase on the original site across 441, it has, in my opinion, been constantly improved and renovated, and remains one of the nicest area for sure. A warning, should you happen across a certain on line site that claims to be a villages newspaper, there are people who make comments on that site about the "historic" part of the villages. It appears there a several who are the same ones who post really awful things about those villages, as if they are dangerous and almost full of drifters and criminals, be very careful about believing their posts... very suspicious. A LOT of brand new homes going up on that side, beautiful settings.
Old 04-18-2024, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,285 Times in 4,301 Posts

Quote:

No one said they don't exist. It was simply pointed out that most of your rant about them was factually incorrect...

Except the part about Mable's saggy boobs... Sorry you had to see that...

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 04-18-2024, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Anything is always possible, after all the beautiful indoor pool at the wellness center was destroyed to expand the hospital and was never replaced. A beautiful and impressive country club with resort pool, spa, and pool tiki bar was sacrificed to make room for more revenue generating housing, the amazing wellness center that offered residents the opportunity of membership for a very affordable price to encourage "America's healthiest hometown" was the saying of the time, but that too was ended suddenly, so you can't move here thinking things will not be suddenly changed. It's not like a traditional city or town where the resident's have a great deal of control, elect a city council, a mayor, etc. However, I would not worry about a purchase on the original site across 441, it has, in my opinion, been constantly improved and renovated, and remains one of the nicest area for sure. A warning, should you happen across a certain on line site that claims to be a villages newspaper, there are people who make comments on that site about the "historic" part of the villages. It appears there a several who are the same ones who post really awful things about those villages, as if they are dangerous and almost full of drifters and criminals, be very careful about believing their posts... very suspicious. A LOT of brand new homes going up on that side, beautiful settings.
Thank you. I very much appreciate all your words and insight and thank you for putting my mind at ease about the negativity. We've only seen and experienced wonderful things and are very excited about moving.
Old 04-19-2024, 04:16 PM

Not for five years.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:26 PM
Veteran member

I've heard rumors since I moved here that the developer is long term planning to sell off the mobile home park section. I'm sure that a majority of people in the rest of TV wouldn't mind that happening. You don't see new parts of TV with dilapidated trailers and car ports and it would just make TV more consistent.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,378 Times in 2,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I've heard rumors since I moved here that the developer is long term planning to sell off the mobile home park section. I'm sure that a majority of people in the rest of TV wouldn't mind that happening. You don't see new parts of TV with dilapidated trailers and car ports and it would just make TV more consistent.
Really , majority.
I cannot post what I would really like to tell you!

Tags
area, love, concern, manufactured, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.