Will the Historical Area Endure?

Old 04-24-2024, 12:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
To a certain extent you can chose your neighbors, maybe not all of them, some will move away but not the whole street. I chose on the basis of who I would be among, just like a club, and boy, I can tell you. My neighbors literally saved my life, with their outreach and care. But I knew they were like that, I investigated, before I bought.
I appreciate your testimonial
Agree that some due diligence is a no brainer. But you’re not gonna stake out a neighborhood (maybe you did) and some neighbors keep different hours, are rentals, or are split year residents. All that said, it only takes one to upset the chemistry. If it was a perfect science, there wouldn’t be shows like ‘Neighborhood Wars’!
Old 04-24-2024, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,040 Times in 1,753 Posts

What I did was go tor the pool where they hang out. Talk. Walk the street several times, talk to the walkers anybody outside. Get to know them a bit, their values, their interest, their activities etc. see if I fit in. Oh yes, there were no “neighborhood wars” that I knew about. 5 years after I bought, a couple from another Village were they were probably run out of, bought on the street. They were gently coaxed and integrated, took a year but everything is fine now.

Last edited by Velvet; 04-24-2024 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
What I did was go tor the pool where they hang out. Talk. Walk the street several times, talk to the walkers anybody outside. Get to know them a bit, their values, their interest, their activities etc. see if I fit in.
Kinda like a politician!

Just kidding....take it easy!
Old 04-24-2024, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherflippinpicker View Post
Hello,

Our home sold and we are finally moving to TV. To say we are excited is an understatement. We are house shopping this weekend.

My husband and I very much love the original area for its hills, large yards, mature landscaping and the beautiful pool and we love the style of the well maintained manufactured homes, as they are all different. My concern is that this area will eventually be phased out by TV.

Does anyone know if this has ever been a concern?
Lot of people live in original area. Spanish Springs is always busy. Don’t think it is going anywhere

Tags
area, love, concern, manufactured, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.