Will the Historical Area Endure?

Old 04-16-2024, 10:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherflippinpicker View Post
That was actually my concern, do they make enough money up there to keep it part of the TV? I don't know how many homes are up there but it didn't feel too terribly big.

Thank you for putting my mind at ease.
The Village of Country Club has the most homes of any village at 1,778. Silver Lake is #5 with 1,517.

I wouldn't worry.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
The beauty of TV is like no other. We currently live in a very pretty gated community on the Treasure Coast. For the same HOA fees we can live in TV. We can't wait! We've visited many times over the past few years and didn't consider moving until last year.

We hear so many cons of being further north but we love the look and feel so much. People tell us we are too young to live north (55) but does friendship really have an age? My dearest friend recently passed, she was 94 and we were best of friends.

When I'm in the southern areas, it doesn't feel the same to me; however, we have friends in Hawkins who tout that the South is the only place to be. We are very torn.

Thank you for your insight and if you have anymore advice, I'm open to any and all.
Could you share with us what the perceived cons are of being further north? We might be able to help, as many of us have actual experience of living further north.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,311 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
This thread spurs some questions for me.
Is the developer the only one who would be allowed to tear down an existing manufactured home and replace it with a site-built home?

When people raise a concern over whether the developer will continue to take care of the historic section, I thought that other than Orange Blossom CC, everything was owned and maintained by the CDD. Keeping the amenities up to date, and the common landscaping etc. is not the job of the developer, or am I mistaken?
The answer to your question is homes are being replaced all the time and private contractors are putting up new homes on the historic side.

As for the developer leaving the historic side - doubtful.
- Not a good example for future new home buyers
- The Paradise fire station is one of nine in TV and by far the closest to Spanish Springs. The next nearest being Morse and 466.
- The Hilltop water tower is one of five supplying TV
- The Orange Blossom swimming pool is the flagship of TV
Old 04-16-2024, 12:23 PM

The bottom line is how much are you willing to spend for housing, and or, the new bonds ?

We absolutely love the original north part of The Villages, had 4 homes up there to date. I'm a bonified tree-hugger, always have been.
The newest area is also exciting, was down there Sunday. Very alive and full of young, smiling energetic faces.....do you fit that mold ?

If you want the shade trees I suggest you also check out Mira Mesa, La Reynalda, La Zamora, Chatham and Tierra Del Sol just to name a few besides Orange Blossom.
Fenney also has beautiful trees, love that area as well !

Happy Hunting !
Old 04-16-2024, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

The further N you go, the older the people are so golf courses and pools are less busy because people become less and less able or willing to participate in these activities. When I go golfing, I like to book more N courses because they are not as busy and people aren't as frantic.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,325 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I thought that other than Orange Blossom CC, everything was owned and maintained by the CDD. Keeping the amenities up to date, and the common landscaping etc. is not the job of the developer, or am I mistaken?
That is what I thought.

Anyone have the answer?
Old 04-16-2024, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
The Village of Country Club has the most homes of any village at 1,778. Silver Lake is #5 with 1,517.

I wouldn't worry.
Oh wow! Thank you. This makes me feel so much better.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Could you share with us what the perceived cons are of being further north? We might be able to help, as many of us have actual experience of living further north.
The cons: We are too young to live in the North.

The fun is further south.

We will never be able to enjoy neighborhood parties/socials

It's too far to drive to the new town square being built of East Port.

We won't be able to get to activities easily.

We won't make friends because we will be isolated.

There's a negative stigma attached to the historical area.

We would be choosing to live in a trailer park.

It's weird up there, rules aren't enforced.

Spanish Springs is a terrible town square

Nobody younger goes to LSL

Whew... I probably forgot several. However, we don't feel this way at all. Everytime we visit we gravitate to the North. I particularly don't like Sawgrass but I would love boozie bingo. 😄

I struggle with being social and do need to step out of my comfort zone. I think some feel that I'll not do that if I'm in the Northern area.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
The answer to your question is homes are being replaced all the time and private contractors are putting up new homes on the historic side.

As for the developer leaving the historic side - doubtful.
- Not a good example for future new home buyers
- The Paradise fire station is one of nine in TV and by far the closest to Spanish Springs. The next nearest being Morse and 466.
- The Hilltop water tower is one of five supplying TV
- The Orange Blossom swimming pool is the flagship of TV
This makes me feel much more secure! Thank you!
Old 04-16-2024, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Was trying to decide where to post this question so, I'll pose it to you, Dusty.

As a sort-of adjunct question to the original one -- I'm interested in how the manufactured homes appreciate/depreciate over time. When looking at real estate listings, I've been a bit surprised at how much some homeowners have been willing to invest in remodeling an aged (40+ years), manufactured home.

There has to be a point, related to age or neglect, where maintaining or improving one of those begins to have diminishing returns. Would you say that is mostly accurate? If so, what is the general age where the building itself begins to depreciate and it's mostly only the land value that's relevant? Thanks...
Old 04-16-2024, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
The beauty of TV is like no other. We currently live in a very pretty gated community on the Treasure Coast. For the same HOA fees we can live in TV. We can't wait! We've visited many times over the past few years and didn't consider moving until last year.

We hear so many cons of being further north but we love the look and feel so much. People tell us we are too young to live north (55) but does friendship really have an age? My dearest friend recently passed, she was 94 and we were best of friends.

When I'm in the southern areas, it doesn't feel the same to me; however, we have friends in Hawkins who tout that the South is the only place to be. We are very torn.

Thank you for your insight and if you have anymore advice, I'm open to any and all.
Your friends are Hawkins is correct... Hawkins is the best place to live FOR THEM...

Everyone feels the same thing about where they live... For some, it the Historic area. For others, it's anywhere north of 466. For me? It'a "between 466A and 44"...

Look around. Like others have said, rent for a month (if possible). You'll soon find the place that fits you best...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-16-2024, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,395 Times in 2,527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Please look into what the cost of insurance is in that area. Many of these homes are self insured because of many are of the manufactured variety. This location is great for shopping and medical needs. But, remember everytime you want to leave that area you will be crossing over 441 in a golf cart if that is what your use to.
What is wrong with using the bridge?
Old 04-16-2024, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsee View Post
The bottom line is how much are you willing to spend for housing, and or, the new bonds ?

We absolutely love the original north part of The Villages, had 4 homes up there to date. I'm a bonified tree-hugger, always have been.
The newest area is also exciting, was down there Sunday. Very alive and full of young, smiling energetic faces.....do you fit that mold ?

If you want the shade trees I suggest you also check out Mira Mesa, La Reynalda, La Zamora, Chatham and Tierra Del Sol just to name a few besides Orange Blossom.
Fenney also has beautiful trees, love that area as well !

Happy Hunting !
Money is definitely on our minds as we are nearing retirement but we could get a regular home for not much more than a nice manufactured home, so it's about the same. My draw to the manufactured homes is that they all look very different and the windows are beautiful. I love the landscaping, trees and rolling hills. I think it's so beautiful up there.

Thank you for the suggested villages, it's very appreciated
Old 04-16-2024, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Your friends are Hawkins is correct... Hawkins is the best place to live FOR THEM...

Everyone feels the same thing about where they live... For some, it the Historic area. For others, it's anywhere north of 466. For me? It'a "between 466A and 44"...

Look around. Like others have said, rent for a month (if possible). You'll soon find the place that fits you best...
Thank you so much!!!
Old 04-16-2024, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
The further N you go, the older the people are so golf courses and pools are less busy because people become less and less able or willing to participate in these activities. When I go golfing, I like to book more N courses because they are not as busy and people aren't as frantic.
I like the less busy aspect but I do want to be able to make friends. It's very hard for me to make friends, I'm kind of shy and perceived as standoffish or snooty but that's so far from the truth, I just don't know how to jump in. 😄

If there aren't many activities in the north, maybe we should consider moving further south but it sounds like there's enough of everything. My husband was very excited about the archery range in the north.

There is a lot of positive feedback about the North, which makes me very happy.

Tags
area, love, concern, manufactured, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.