Will not be a part of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2023, 10:40 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Will not be a part of The Villages

I read in today’s paper that Mark Morse said “ The community will not be a part of the Villages” but “it’s near the Villages to serve the Villages”. I assume that these statements are referring to the family neighborhood CDD that will have some 8,000 homes near the new Villages Charter School.

I wonder if this family CDD will be run by the Villages District Staff to be a part of the Villages. Yet, it isn’t a part of the Villages.

I wonder if they will pay amenity fees to be collected by whom? I wonder if the golf carts they use will be allowed on our multimodal paths and vice versa.

I am looking forward to things changing for the better and hope for the best for The Villages and this family community near the Villages.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 05-11-2023 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:58 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Let's see, 8000 homes, probably 12,000 cars and trucks, the commercial district down the road, school buses, hospital staff, ambulances, increased truck traffic exiting the turnpike onto 470 to feed the new industrial complex on 301, traffic will be a nightmare down there, I would not be too concerned about golf cars, they may not have access to the MMP's without crossing roads illegally, I would however be concerned about finding parking spots wherever you go and how long it takes to get there. These will be year round residents for the most part. However, it will be good for any commercial/retail business built south of 44.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:34 AM
Veteran member

If you look at the organization chart at districtgov.org, Middleton (and the new Coleman Ridge non-resident development) are both showing as part of the organization.
Old 05-11-2023, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Take a ride down yonder and actually experience the distance from the mother ship.

I'm not criticizing at all but it's a hike and a half. Looks like a great place to live and the High School is unbelievably beautiful.

There is a buyer for every house.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Let's see, 8000 homes, probably 12,000 cars and trucks, the commercial district down the road, school buses, hospital staff, ambulances, increased truck traffic exiting the turnpike onto 470 to feed the new industrial complex on 301, traffic will be a nightmare down there, I would not be too concerned about golf cars, they may not have access to the MMP's without crossing roads illegally, I would however be concerned about finding parking spots wherever you go and how long it takes to get there. These will be year round residents for the most part. However, it will be good for any commercial/retail business built south of 44.
how does it work in the current employee areas?

There are ready MMP's and cart tunnels in place along Central Parkway

I'm in favor of anything that improves the quality of life for the employees here.

Also look forward to supporting/ attending high school sports, and other events. Maybe even volunteering at the high school.

Last edited by Altavia; 05-11-2023 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

The only thing I know for sure is that Middleton will be golf cart accessible to the rest of TV...

That said, I think it's a great idea that they're building it. Hopefully, it will attract more support workers. Something that is sorely needed...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-11-2023, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

I'd love to see them take over and re-build one of the communities north of here too. Somewhere in Summerfield or Weirsdale. That'd really help bring more employees and their families (especially people who work in doctors' offices and the hospital) to the older parts of the Villages.
Old 05-11-2023, 04:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

If any of you remember when you were raising your kids - you had no time to go to the square, play pickleball or paly golf - you were working, going to soccer games, school plays, art shows…..
Old 05-11-2023, 05:41 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Great Idea

Lake County collects the taxes etc. Who really cares about golf cart accessibility? Public roads and paths will be maintained by the county, not us. They have their own amenities and it’s residents can’t use The Villages linked amenities. It certainly will be a nice addition to the neighborhood. I am glad the Villages has thought this far ahead on the issue.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 05-11-2023, 07:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
If any of you remember when you were raising your kids - you had no time to go to the square, play pickleball or paly golf - you were working, going to soccer games, school plays, art shows…..
We must have had a better organized life. One traveled, while one stayed home. During the summer kids in tow, traveling staying in Residence Inn, in multiple states, with plenty to do. We played golf, hiked, enjoys great places.

School time, had travel hockey players, cheerleaders, travel soccer, and orchestra. All ended with 4. And full rides to multiple colleges. But we must have had time left over, no school plays, or art shows.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:57 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
The only thing I know for sure is that Middleton will be golf cart accessible to the rest of TV...

That said, I think it's a great idea that they're building it. Hopefully, it will attract more support workers. Something that is sorely needed...
Totally agree, and, hopefully, more customers for our stores (especially those around the square) so they are able to "make it" here, while making the quality of life for us seniors so much better... having to close the local coffee shop, or have limited hours because no help is available makes for a rough retirement for sure.
Old 05-12-2023, 05:11 AM

Can't wait to see it fully functional, and I believe it will be golf cart connected. I'm also hopeful that it will convince some of the larger retailers (Target, Wal-Mart) to build south so those of us down here don't have to schlep up to 441 to access those things.

And personally, it will be great to see some younger people. I love the Villages, but I've never seen so many old people! Of course, when I look in the mirror, I realize I'm one of them!
Old 05-12-2023, 06:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I read in today’s paper that Mark Morse said “ The community will not be a part of the Villages” but “it’s near the Villages to serve the Villages”. I assume that these statements are referring to the family neighborhood CDD that will have some 8,000 homes near the new Villages Charter School.

I wonder if this family CDD will be run by the Villages District Staff to be a part of the Villages. Yet, it isn’t a part of the Villages.

I wonder if they will pay amenity fees to be collected by whom? I wonder if the golf carts they use will be allowed on our multimodal paths and vice versa.

I am looking forward to things changing for the better and hope for the best for The Villages and this family community near the Villages.
They have their own amenities and can’t access villages amenities. They do not get a green card and are not residents of the Villages 55 and over community.
Old 05-12-2023, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post

A while back there was an article that explained only about 250 homes will be under 55 of the 8000 approved. I believe that still holds true. What seems to be deminishing is beautiful golf cart paths (mmp) like up north. The great grandkids seem to think riding next to cars in diamond lanes is enough fun for old people. The days of beautiful, inviting details are long gone. Travel up Bueana Vista Blvd by Sumter Landing and see for yourself. Sorry to say but reality check, it will be 100 years before the area around 470 will be worth site seeing.
Old 05-12-2023, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Wildwood Commission approves creation of Middleton CDD

The upcoming Middleton neighborhood will use the same form of local government that has been successful throughout The Villages.

The Wildwood City Commission on Monday approved by a 4-0 vote the creation of the Middleton Community Development District A.

The neighborhood will be built next to The Villages south of the existing County Road 470 as a separate community with its own unique amenities.

The non-age-restricted neighborhood is designed to draw and retain the workforce that supports retirees in The Villages, with proximity to a new charter school campus.

Middleton CDD A will include about 2,480 acres and up to 8,280 homes, with a mix of housing types, designs and models.

The new school, a downtown area and all recreation amenities will all be accessible by walking, biking or golf cart via a network of pathways, trails and tunnels.

The first two residential units of family housing at Middleton will consist of 569 homes on about 133 acres south of Central Parkway and west of Stampeder Trail, documents show.

Unit 1 will also be home to a recreation area featuring a postal station, resort-style pool, pickleball and tennis courts, corn toss, a children’s playground, a dog park and pedestrian pathway surrounding a lake.

Phase 1 of downtown Middleton will bring six retail/office buildings with about 146,000 square feet of available commercial space.

Diverse housing options planned at Middleton will include everything from single-family homes to multi-family apartment rentals.

There are 14 residential CDDs in The Villages, in addition to three commercial districts and two utilities dependent districts.

. . .

Wildwood Commission approves creation of Middleton CDD | News | The Villages Daily Sun | thevillagesdailysun.com

. . .

Maps indicate MMP connection to the north.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5831.jpg
Views:	2333
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	98357   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5833.jpg
Views:	2039
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	98358  
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, part, family, villages”, community

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.