Will not be a part of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2023, 06:52 AM

What I've heard from salespeople is it will all be golf cart accessible. The family community of Middleton will have their own ammennities and not have access to ours. I don't think they have to pay a bond. At first I heard there would only be 250 houses but later I heard many more perhaps it was 3000. I think they will have some apartments.
Old 05-12-2023, 07:08 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Wildwood Commission approves creation of Middleton CDD

The upcoming Middleton neighborhood will use the same form of local government that has been successful throughout The Villages.

The Wildwood City Commission on Monday approved by a 4-0 vote the creation of the Middleton Community Development District A.

The neighborhood will be built next to The Villages south of the existing County Road 470 as a separate community with its own unique amenities.

The non-age-restricted neighborhood is designed to draw and retain the workforce that supports retirees in The Villages, with proximity to a new charter school campus.

Middleton CDD A will include about 2,480 acres and up to 8,280 homes, with a mix of housing types, designs and models.

The new school, a downtown area and all recreation amenities will all be accessible by walking, biking or golf cart via a network of pathways, trails and tunnels.

The first two residential units of family housing at Middleton will consist of 569 homes on about 133 acres south of Central Parkway and west of Stampeder Trail, documents show.

Unit 1 will also be home to a recreation area featuring a postal station, resort-style pool, pickleball and tennis courts, corn toss, a children’s playground, a dog park and pedestrian pathway surrounding a lake.

Phase 1 of downtown Middleton will bring six retail/office buildings with about 146,000 square feet of available commercial space.

Diverse housing options planned at Middleton will include everything from single-family homes to multi-family apartment rentals.

There are 14 residential CDDs in The Villages, in addition to three commercial districts and two utilities dependent districts.
Hmmm….a commission from Wildwood? They think they have a say in Lake County? They usurp Leesburg? Something isn’t right? Either Leesburg is giving up their rights to the taxes and authority, Wildwood is full of hot air, or the Daily Sun needs a new reporter?

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 05-12-2023, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Hmmm….a commission from Wildwood? They think they have a say in Lake County? They usurp Leesburg? Something isn’t right? Either Leesburg is giving up their rights to the taxes and authority, Wildwood is full of hot air, or the Daily Sun needs a new reporter?
Or choice D: Middleton is in Sumter County in an area incorporated by the city of Wildwood.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-12-2023, 07:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:

It's West of the Turnpike. Like the post directly above says, it's Sumter County and Wildwood.
Old 05-12-2023, 07:45 AM
Gold member
Default Lake County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
It's West of the Turnpike. Like the post directly above says, it's Sumter County and Wildwood.
It’s of course locatedLake County, perhaps some tangent may eventually hit Sumter? I was down there yesterday. Its entirety currently maps out South of 470. Bad reporting I guess?

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 05-12-2023, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
It’s of course locatedLake County, perhaps some tangent may eventually hit Sumter? I was down there yesterday. Its entirety currently maps out South of 470. Bad reporting I guess?
Were you lost?????? Seems like it.

According to google maps, the county line is at SE 88th Terr, well east of ALL of Middleton, almost to the turnpike/470 interchange.

Last edited by golfing eagles; 05-12-2023 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2023, 07:53 AM
Gold member
Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Nope, Sumter changes to Lake on Meggison before you even hit Central Parkway.

Old 05-12-2023, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Nope, Sumter changes to Lake on Meggison before you even hit Central Parkway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

According to google maps, the county line is at SE 88th Terr, well east of ALL of Middleton, almost to the turnpike/470 interchange.
Please look at google maps. BTW, 470 near Middleton has nothing to do with Meggison.
Old 05-12-2023, 07:56 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Here's a visual aid. Pretty sure that Middleton is West of the red Lake County line.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	middleton.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	98361  
Old 05-12-2023, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Middleton is entirely in Sumter County.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Let's see, 8000 homes, probably 12,000 cars and trucks, the commercial district down the road, school buses, hospital staff, ambulances, increased truck traffic exiting the turnpike onto 470 to feed the new industrial complex on 301, traffic will be a nightmare down there, I would not be too concerned about golf cars, they may not have access to the MMP's without crossing roads illegally, I would however be concerned about finding parking spots wherever you go and how long it takes to get there. These will be year round residents for the most part. However, it will be good for any commercial/retail business built south of 44.
I am so glad we located in CDD 4 way up north in Marion County.
Old 05-12-2023, 10:21 AM

Thinking of moving it’s not a retirement village any longer. With family units coming and most of the rentals are Air B&Bs with no oversight.Three day parties and kids everywhere.
Old 05-12-2023, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

Middleton is in Wildwood, in Sumter County
Old 05-12-2023, 01:13 PM

The kids in the under 55 community will be going to the new high school, I assume built by The Villages. Does that increase our real estate taxes? Trying to get an education. Thanks in advance
Old 05-12-2023, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Establishment of the Middleton A Community Development District

https://districtgov.org/PDFView/PDFM...20220512ma0201

. . .

NEW BUSINESS:

2. Approval of Interlocal Agreement with Village Center Community Development District Discussion and consideration of an Interlocal Agreement between the Village Center Community Development District and Middleton A Community Development District for Management, Finance and Administrative Services.

3. Adoption of Resolution 2022-01 Canvassing and Certifying the Landowner Election A. Determination of Number of Voting Units Represented
B. Casting of Ballots
C. Ballot Tabulation
D. Landowners' Questions or Comments
E. Adopt Resolution 2022-01 Canvassing and Certifying the Results of the Landowner Election. F. Administer the Oath of Office to newly elected Supervisors
4. Appointment of Chair and Vice Chair

5. Review, Discussion and Adoption of Resolutions for District Management

Adoption of Resolutions for District Manager, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, and Treasurer and Registered Agent.

6. Adoption of Resolution 2022-07 Designating Legal Counsel
Approval of Resolution 2022-07 designating Brionez + Brionez , P.A. to serve as Legal Counsel for Middleton A Community Development District.

7. Adoption of Resolution 2022-08 Designating Bond Counsel
Approval of Resolution 2022-08 designating GrayRobinson, P.A. and Nixon Peabody LLP to serve as Bond Counsel for Middleton A Community Development District.

8. Adoption of Resolution 2021-09 Designating a District Engineer
Adoption of Resolution 2022-09 designating Clymer Farner Barley, Inc. as the District Engineer.

9. Adoption of Resolutions 2022-10 and 2022-11 Designating a Financial Advisor and Economist
Adoption of Resolution 2022-10 designating PFM Financial Advisors, LLC as the Financial Advisor and Resolution 2022-11 Designating PFM Financial Advisors, LLC as Economist for Middleton A Community Development District.

10. Adoption of Resolution 2022-12 Designating an Investment Banker/Underwriter
Adoption of Resolution 2022-12 designating Jefferies to serve as Investment Banker/Underwriter.

11. Adoption of Resolution 2022-13 Designating a Trustee
Adoption of Resolution 2022-13 designating US Bank as Trustee

12. Approval to File Notice of Establishment
Request to record the Notice of Establishment for the District with Sumter County, Florida.

13. Adoption of Resolution 2022-14 Authorizing Bond Issuance
Adoption of Resolution 2022-14 authorizing the issuance of Series 2022 Special Assessment Revenue Bonds

14. General and Procedural Rules - Authorization to Advertise
Staff is requesting permission to advertise for a public hearing to be held for the purpose of approving a resolution to adopt Chapter 1 of the Middleton A Community Development District Rules to establish General and Procedural Rules.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, part, family, villages”, community

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.