Will not be a part of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2023, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
What I've heard from salespeople is it will all be golf cart accessible. The family community of Middleton will have their own ammennities and not have access to ours. I don't think they have to pay a bond. At first I heard there would only be 250 houses but later I heard many more perhaps it was 3000. I think they will have some apartments.

There will be bonds (see previous post), they are an essential element for establishing A CDD.

. . .

The Villages appoints heavy hitters to newest CDD board at southern end
By
Marv Balousek April 26, 2022

As construction in the Villages of Southern Oaks continues its southward and eastward march, Wildwood commissioners Monday night approved a new community development district for an area along County Road 470 across from the Coleman federal prison.

Middleton Community Development District A will include 8,280 homes on 2,485 acres.

Infrastructure for the development is expected to cost nearly $400 million over the next six years for roads, multi-use paths, bridges, tunnels, landscaping, buffer walls, storm water management and wetland and wildlife mitigation. Sewer and water extensions also will be required.

The improvements will be financed by the landowner and CDD with reimbursement through special assessments and revenue bonds.

Estimated completion date for the infrastructure projects is 2028.

The all-residential development will be near a downtown area that is slated to include schools and businesses.

Wildwood Commissioner Marcos Flores recused himself from voting on the district because his wife has been named to serve as vice chair of the Middleton CDD A board.

Last edited by Altavia; 05-12-2023 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Eichaker View Post
The kids in the under 55 community will be going to the new high school, I assume built by The Villages. Does that increase our real estate taxes? Trying to get an education. Thanks in advance
The Villages funded the schools.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Nope, Sumter changes to Lake on Meggison before you even hit Central Parkway.
Middleton is just south of Coleman Federal Penitentiary in case that helps you orient.
Old 05-12-2023, 04:31 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I must admit that I have not been closely following the developments of Middleton. However in reading post #30, it sure looks to me that Middleton will be another Village residential CDD like all of the other Village CDDs except.

Maybe the paper misquoted Mark Morse when he stated that “the community will not be a part of The Villages “ but “it's near the Villages to serve the Villages”?
Old 05-12-2023, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I must admit that I have not been closely following the developments of Middleton. However in reading post #30, it sure looks to me that Middleton will be another Village residential CDD like all of the other Village CDDs except.

Maybe the paper misquoted Mark Morse when he stated that “the community will not be a part of The Villages “ but “it's near the Villages to serve the Villages”?
Might depend on what is meant by "part of The Villages."

Middleton by The Villages (MbTV) will be run by a CDD just like the numbered districts we all live in. The MbTV CDD will make use of the services of the VCCDD just like the numbered districts we all live in. It looks like a town center, amenities, and MMPs are planned for MbTV just like the areas we all live in.

It is likely that the MbTV residents will not pay the same amenity fee we pay and will not have cards allowing them to access our pools, rec centers, and golf courses.

MbTV will not be an age restricted community like the areas we live in.

It will be built by the same Developer
It will have a CDD just like we do
It will utilize services of the VCCDD just like we do
It will have a bond just like we do
It will have recreation and commercial space just like we do

It will NOT be age restricted
It will likely NOT have access to "the Villages" amenities

So whether or not you consider it to be "part of The Villages" depends on which of those things matter to you.

To me, the two items it will not have are what makes it not part of the Villages.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-12-2023, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
The Villages funded the schools.
Yes, The Villages developer funded the building of the new schools. However, I think I read somewhere that the Sumter County School District pays to lease the facilities.

Can anyone shed more light on that?
Old 05-12-2023, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Might depend on what is meant by "part of The Villages."

Middleton by The Villages (MbTV) will be run by a CDD just like the numbered districts we all live in. The MbTV CDD will make use of the services of the VCCDD just like the numbered districts we all live in. It looks like a town center, amenities, and MMPs are planned for MbTV just like the areas we all live in.

It is likely that the MbTV residents will not pay the same amenity fee we pay and will not have cards allowing them to access our pools, rec centers, and golf courses.

MbTV will not be an age restricted community like the areas we live in.

It will be built by the same Developer
It will have a CDD just like we do
It will utilize services of the VCCDD just like we do
It will have a bond just like we do
It will have recreation and commercial space just like we do

It will NOT be age restricted
It will likely NOT have access to "the Villages" amenities

So whether or not you consider it to be "part of The Villages" depends on which of those things matter to you.

To me, the two items it will not have are what makes it not part of the Villages.
Excellent post. Just one nit to pick...

They will NOT have access to TV amenities. They will have their own amenities...

Yes, they will be allowed to play the Championship courses (which are not part of the amenities), just like anyone else outside TV...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-12-2023, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
Yes, The Villages developer funded the building of the new schools. However, I think I read somewhere that the Sumter County School District pays to lease the facilities.

Can anyone shed more light on that?
The Villages Charter School (“VCS”) is a Charter School in the Workplace (see also School of Choice). It was founded and is provided funding by The Villages of Lake-Sumter, Inc. as a business partnership charter school primarily for the benefit of the children of employees of The Villages of Lake-Sumter, Inc.

The Villages Charter Schools - Central Office

Here's the 2021-2022 budget.

https://www.tvcs.org/centralOffice/p...l%20Budget.pdf

https://tvcs.org/centralOffice/pdfDo...inal-17-18.pdf
Old 05-13-2023, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
The only thing I know for sure is that Middleton will be golf cart accessible to the rest of TV...

That said, I think it's a great idea that they're building it. Hopefully, it will attract more support workers. Something that is sorely needed...
A villages agent told a perspective buyer that Middleton will not have cart access to the Villages. This contradicted what our daughter was told when she bought in Middleton. Given that our daughter is paying on a bond, it makes me wonder who is right.
Old 05-13-2023, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
What I've heard from salespeople is it will all be golf cart accessible. The family community of Middleton will have their own ammennities and not have access to ours. I don't think they have to pay a bond. At first I heard there would only be 250 houses but later I heard many more perhaps it was 3000. I think they will have some apartments.
There is a bond (~$30,000) for those building in Middleton.
Old 05-13-2023, 03:18 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Ple0zPGQQ
Old 05-13-2023, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I read in today’s paper that Mark Morse said “ The community will not be a part of the Villages” but “it’s near the Villages to serve the Villages”. I assume that these statements are referring to the family neighborhood CDD that will have some 8,000 homes near the new Villages Charter School.

I wonder if this family CDD will be run by the Villages District Staff to be a part of the Villages. Yet, it isn’t a part of the Villages.

I wonder if they will pay amenity fees to be collected by whom? I wonder if the golf carts they use will be allowed on our multimodal paths and vice versa.

I am looking forward to things changing for the better and hope for the best for The Villages and this family community near the Villages.
Don't hold your breath waiting for things to get better. I have been here 15 years and things have only gotten worse. Still a nice place to live but getting worse as the developers get richer.
Old 05-13-2023, 06:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
A villages agent told a perspective buyer that Middleton will not have cart access to the Villages. This contradicted what our daughter was told when she bought in Middleton. Given that our daughter is paying on a bond, it makes me wonder who is right.
The connectivity was among the first things put in place during construction.

There is a MMP from Middleton that runs parallel to Central Parkway and through tunnels connecting to Eastport.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5834.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	98380   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5835.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	98381  

Last edited by Altavia; 05-13-2023 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-13-2023, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
There is a bond (~$30,000) for those building in Middleton.
Yep, just like our bonds….for infrastructure in our village……..
Old 05-13-2023, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFlyer View Post
Don't hold your breath waiting for things to get better. I have been here 15 years and things have only gotten worse. Still a nice place to live but getting worse as the developers get richer.
What things got worse?

Tags
villages, part, family, villages”, community

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.