Winn Dixie Fuel Perks

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2014, 05:58 AM
Sage

Thank you, sir.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I've got a problem with the gas perks deal. I recently picked up a few things ($ 32.00 total), and was told I had $.05 in gas perks. For me, that's a $1.00 gas saving (20 gallon tank) Just for chuckles, I priced the same items at walmart, and they were more than $6.00 less. Even with the gas savings, walmart is much less expensive. I can't believe they suck all these customers in, and then make them run around looking for a participating gas station, and still charge so much more for groceries..
I think you "do as I say not as I do" Mr Milligan. So Wal-Mart is Ok for some things? What does AVOID mean ?
Old 05-15-2014, 07:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

WinnDixie is a convenient location to me, Walmart is not. Walmart is too big and strung out for a quick a shopping experience, Winn Dixie is not. I find most items that I buy to be similarly priced. Fuel perks are a nice bonus, just like S&H green stamps were. Personally , I avoid Walmart. When we were living in Georgia it was reported that 30% of all children on Peach Care (Medicaid) where children of WalMart employees. It is easy to have lower prices when you pay low wages.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:31 AM

5 cents can really add up when you buy your gift cards at Winn Dixie. If your going to Bed Bath & Beyond, buy a gift card at Winn Dixie first, if your going out to a restaurant, buy a gift card for that restaurant, any gift card will do.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
I think you "do as I say not as I do" Mr Milligan. So Wal-Mart is Ok for some things? What does AVOID mean ?
OK guys...you win...I'll edit my signature. I'm old but not inflexible.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
OK guys...you win...I'll edit my signature. I'm old but not inflexible.
I think unions have made this country and will break this country. My nephew is a prison guard, he is 43 and can retire with full benefits,sorry I have a big problem with this. Don't mean to get off topic.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Gold member

When we spent the summer in California last year I used a similar program at the Vons stores. Really did add up, especially with the high price of fuel out there.

Now I need to find a program in Canada. Will be spending time there and the motorhome gets real thirsty! Five or ten cents a gallon adds up when you have a 150 gallon tank.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigben007 View Post
5 cents can really add up when you buy your gift cards at Winn Dixie. If your going to Bed Bath & Beyond, buy a gift card at Winn Dixie first, if your going out to a restaurant, buy a gift card for that restaurant, any gift card will do.
And if you pay for the gift cards with your Visa that gets double airline miles or gives you money back, you're even more rewarded.

I do think there is a limit on the amount of gas you can pump at Winn Dixie affiliated stations--like up to 20 gallons. With the fuel perks at Giant Eagle in PA, there was no limit. People were parking their two cars back to back and filling them both up at once.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
I think unions have made this country and will break this country. My nephew is a prison guard, he is 43 and can retire with full benefits,sorry I have a big problem with this. Don't mean to get off topic.
So, he has been confined in prison for one-third of his adult life, and now
he can get out of there and retire? Being a prison guard is a job that most
people just couldn't handle. You wouldn't believe what insane things the
inmates do to the guards. Yet you begrudge his retirement?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-15-2014, 09:17 AM

The problem here is when Winn Dixie bought out Sweetbay the prices went up about 25 %. You may save on gas but the food prices have gone way up. I really miss Sweetbay.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
And if you pay for the gift cards with your Visa that gets double airline miles or gives you money back, you're even more rewarded.

I do think there is a limit on the amount of gas you can pump at Winn Dixie affiliated stations--like up to 20 gallons. With the fuel perks at Giant Eagle in PA, there was no limit. People were parking their two cars back to back and filling them both up at once.
And Giant Eagle gave you 10 cents per $50 I never took two cars at once but did take 5 gallon cans.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigben007 View Post
And Giant Eagle gave you 10 cents per $50 I never took two cars at once but did take 5 gallon cans.
Off topic, but Oh, how I miss Giant Eagle!
Old 05-15-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolpterry View Post
The problem here is when Winn Dixie bought out Sweetbay the prices went up about 25 %. You may save on gas but the food prices have gone way up. I really miss Sweetbay.
You must have read my mind! I just went over to Publix with a shopping list, and also to Winn Dixie with the same list, to compare prices, because my gut feeling was that the prices at Win Dixxie were much higher than Sweetbay. I just had about a dozen things on the list - milk, eggs, ground steak, chicken broth, sugar, flour, butter, etc. Using the regular prices - the bill at Publix came to $36.62, and the bill at Winn Dixie was $39.73. However, quite a few things on my list happened to be on sale at Winn Dixie, which dropped the price down to $37.20. Combined with the little bit I save on gas it was a wash. I think the best thing to do if someone really wants to save, is to grab the sales items at both stores, and what I do is once a month I go to Walmart and stock up on packaged items like cereal, baking supplies, etc., that are always cheaper than the grocery stores.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:02 AM

Giant Eagle in Ohio is 30 Gals max.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notes View Post
You must have read my mind! I just went over to Publix with a shopping list, and also to Winn Dixie with the same list, to compare prices, because my gut feeling was that the prices at Win Dixxie were much higher than Sweetbay. I just had about a dozen things on the list - milk, eggs, ground steak, chicken broth, sugar, flour, butter, etc. Using the regular prices - the bill at Publix came to $36.62, and the bill at Winn Dixie was $39.73. However, quite a few things on my list happened to be on sale at Winn Dixie, which dropped the price down to $37.20. Combined with the little bit I save on gas it was a wash. I think the best thing to do if someone really wants to save, is to grab the sales items at both stores, and what I do is once a month I go to Walmart and stock up on packaged items like cereal, baking supplies, etc., that are always cheaper than the grocery stores.
I do, however, get a $5 off coupon on $50 of groceries frequently at Winn Dixie. But I think they're all in cahoots! No grocery store, even when SweetBay was around, carried everything we needed. Whoever heard of carrying Sargento reduced-fat cheddar cheese sticks but not the sandwich slices? (Publix) Why would a store carry Purdue products but not their packages of five individually wrapped chicken breasts? (Winn Dixie).

And don't ask me about pickles with no sugar added...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.