People are mad about the only indoor pool closing.

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Angry People are mad about the only indoor pool closing.

I just came from the Wellness Center. They are relocating to the old Sales Center in Spanish Springs Town Square. As of June 1st there will be no indoor pool anywhere in the Villages for residents to use.
Members of the wellness center are furious. They bought memberships because it had the only indoor pool in the Villages. Now there will be NO indoor pools!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Banned
Default wellness center

wow that does not seem fair at all!! they should give a refund to people who purchased with intention to use pool !! I don't use the wellness center because it's too far but i certainly wish they would build another one closer to sumter. What in the world can they be thinking? taking away from residents instead of adding?? i would be upset too. Residents should band together and speak up LOUD AND CLEAR!!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:23 PM

For members who request it, they will refund the balance on any membership after they move. They expect that to be around June 1st.

But it still doesn't help the little old people who can only exercise in an indoor pool. Don't worry....many are protesting but I bet it won't change a thing. (like all the protests about the Buffalo)
Old 01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Gold member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mom View Post
I just came from the Wellness Center. They are relocating to the old Sales Center in Spanish Springs Town Square. As of June 1st there will be no indoor pool anywhere in the Villages for residents to use.
Members of the wellness center are furious. They bought memberships because it had the only indoor pool in the Villages. Now there will be NO indoor pools!!!!
Holy Cow!!! I joined The Wellness Center because it's right across the street from my office and I ride my bike from Duval, shower there and stroll across 441. That'll blow my routine for sure.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:30 PM

What will happen to the old Wellness Center building and pool?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:37 PM

Don't know. Maybe become part of hospital???
Gotta run.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:37 PM

thanks( i guess) for this sad news.
with no indoor pool option and parking issues at spanish springs town square this may also result in added usage of those already crowded recreational center fitness rooms.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton View Post
What will happen to the old Wellness Center building and pool?
I have a hunch that this will turn out to be good news and that what's developing in Spanish Springs may be additional workout areas. The pool is vital for the swimming team. Don't panic... I see positive things in my glass onion.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:45 PM

rshoffer,
They put it in writing that our new facility does not provide for a pool or a hot tub.
The swim team practices in the sports pools.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Veteran member
Talking I'm disappointed !

The only reason I budgeted for the Wellness Center was for the indoor pool (so I guess that saves me $50 a month) . Gee..... after living in s/Florida for almost 40 years, my skin had enough cumulative sunshine and I don't need any more - but exercising in a swimming pool is excellent for older folks who have arthritis so I'll have to adjust my prospective TV location to NOT be close to the Wellness Center, and swim in the early morning when the sun is not so hot.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:32 PM

CIB,
Many winter days it is just too cold to use the pools. I have a wet suit but today it was just too cold- even with the suit.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Platinum member
Default Closing Pool

That stinks! Looks like the developer is selling the property to the Hospital.

Skip
Old 01-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Gold member

2 miles up 441 in Summerfield is the beautiful community of Del Webb Spruce Creek. The homes are beautiful and less expensive than TV. They have a 36 holes of golf and nice amenities and a very short drive to TV and Spanish Springs. They also have a fantastic fitness center and indoor pool that, I believe, is prt of their amenity fee. The Villages likes to think of their community as numero uno in the world of retirement communities. That rating is impossible without an indoor pool. Certainly the movers and shakers must be aware of that.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mom View Post
rshoffer,
They put it in writing that our new facility does not provide for a pool or a hot tub.
The swim team practices in the sports pools.
The published schedule for the indoor pool indicates "swim team" M-W-F 7-8 am.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:04 PM

Ok I wonder what swim team they mean? Is it a winter thing?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.