Wondering if WAtching the construction

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Default Wondering if WAtching the construction

of your house on a regular basis is permitted. And can you make requests for correcting errors found during your observations.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Gold member

Well we have watched our house via pictures supplied by our sales person and friends in TV. We noticed a few things on the pictures and contacted sales person and they were corrected. I have to say this is first time we have built house with out being there so it was scary. So far it seems like they stay on top of things and sales person has answered all our concerns. House is done and we will close in a few weeks and will see the house for the first time. Friends who took pictures were able to get into house right up to the finish then it's been locked. Good Luck

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"

Last edited by Mikitv; 03-10-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikark View Post
Well we have watched our house via pictures supplied by our sales person and friends in TV. We noticed a few things on the pictures and contacted sales person and they were corrected. I have to say this is first time we have built house with out being there so it was scary. So far it seems like they stay on top of things and sales person has answered all our concerns. House is done and we will close in a few weeks and will see the house for the first time. Friends who took pictures were able to get unto house right up to the finish then it's been locked. Good Luck
Congrats, Could you tell me which model, and how long it took to build?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default House watching

We had our house built,did receive weekly pictures, walked through it several times while we were down visiting, spoke with the builder on occasion, had 1 or 2 items corrected. He asked if we were mounted big screen TV so he could put supports in, corrected a few issues during walk through as well as a few items after we were in. Prior to our one year inspection I will hire an inspector to come check the place for problems. I must say they really did a pretty good job mostly cosmetic issues so far.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Gold member

We built a few years ago and I was there frequently to check on the progress. I pointed out some items that didn't seem right and all were corrected. This was under the old "street of dreams" program. There was a section in our "Path to Becoming a Villager" book that talked about the construction and visiting your new home site.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
We built a few years ago and I was there frequently to check on the progress. I pointed out some items that didn't seem right and all were corrected. This was under the old "street of dreams" program. There was a section in our "Path to Becoming a Villager" book that talked about the construction and visiting your new home site.
Thanks, I ll be sure to watch for a guide to read of some kind then.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.