wood floor

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Default wood floor

Day 4 of being a new resident and love it already, or will once the boxes are unpacked and can get out and have some fun!! In the meantime, our new house has a wood floor in the living room and I wonder how the heck do I clean it??? Bought a dust mop but what products are safe to use ? Need Builder to come back because of a footprint looking spot on it ,I am scared to touch it. Any help out there with this one. Thanks in advance!!! I read on the disk they give you do not use any kind of oils on it and are their any products I can buy at Publix that are safe??

Last edited by mrsyarbie; 04-21-2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: take out words
Old 04-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Gold member
Default Warranty

Welcome. Day 4 must sure be better than Day 1 move in day.

Call the home warranty department or go on line https://www.thevillages.net/ and fill out a request. They should send out the crew that installed your floor.

We had some light scratches but they were touched up quick. So good even a CarGuy could not see it. I had then leave the matching touch up stain stick.

If you are still in contact with your builder he can get the floor crew over for you. We were told to use nothing on that floor other that a damp clean floor microfibre pad with clean warm water.

H
Old 04-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Sage

"If you are still in contact with your builder he can get the floor crew over for you. We were told to use nothing on that floor other that a damp clean floor microfibre pad with clean warm water. "

Emphasis on damp! As the others stated contact the builder for sure. Have you done your walk-through as yet? THAT'S where questions can be answered etc.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Default woodfloor care

Thanks everyone ! I will contact the builder.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Gold member
Default Opps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
"If you are still in contact with your builder he can get the floor crew over for you. We were told to use nothing on that floor other that a damp clean floor microfibre pad with clean warm water. "

Emphasis on damp! As the others stated contact the builder for sure. Have you done your walk-through as yet? THAT'S where questions can be answered etc.
You mean using the portable power washer was not a good idea?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Gold member

We have used Bruces Wood floor cleaner for the last 8 years. Alcohol based so dries quickly and leaves no residue or least thats what my wife says.
You can find it at HD and Lowes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.