Woof Gang Bakery

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2022, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,915 Times in 4,143 Posts
Default Woof Gang Bakery

Does anyone out there know of a good small dog (maltipoo) groomer?

Since everyone uses this site to gripe, I think I'll join the club.

I have been a customer at Woof Gang in Brownwood since they opened, my dog has been groomed there at least 10x/year for 5-6 years. Had a 1:00 PM appt, but got caught in the thunderstorm that just went through. I called them at 12:57 to let them know I'd be about 15 minutes late and the receptionist said fine. I got there at 1:12, I was holding the dog and stood there for 14 minutes until 1:26. They had gone in to speak to the groomer several times as I waited, then came out and told me they couldn't take him today because I was late. I said I didn't see how 12 minutes could make a big difference, and the woman said you're 26 minutes late! After I asked if she really wanted to stand in front of other customers and argue, I gave her a remedial lesson in clock reading. She just said curtly we can't groom him today. I do find it amazing since when they give you the 8:00 AM timer, you stand there until 8:15 or 8:20 to get in. I guess 12 minutes only makes a difference at 1:00 PM. Then they told me they can't reschedule until the end of business hours and they would call. Funny, since I always schedule the dog's next appointment when I pick him up. So I just left, not a real good way to do business. Plus they wasted over 1/2 hour of my time

Bottom line: I'm looking for a new groomer. I will, of course make an appt. at Woof Gang, one that I will wait 34 minutes after the time thereof to call and let them know we are now even in the waste each other's time department.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

I have been a customer at Woof Gang in Brownwood since they opened, my dog has been groomed there at least 10x/year for 5-6 years. Had a 1:00 PM appt, but got caught in the thunderstorm that just went through. I called them at 12:57 to let them know I'd be about 15 minutes late and the receptionist said fine. I got there at 1:12, I was holding the dog and stood there for 14 minutes until 1:26. They had gone in to speak to the groomer several times as I waited, then came out and told me they couldn't take him today because I was late. I said I didn't see how 12 minutes could make a big difference, and the woman said you're 26 minutes late! After I asked if she really wanted to stand in front of other customers and argue, I gave her a remedial lesson in clock reading. She just said curtly we can't groom him today. I do find it amazing since when they give you the 8:00 AM timer, you stand there until 8:15 or 8:20 to get in. I guess 12 minutes only makes a difference at 1:00 PM. Then they told me they can't reschedule until the end of business hours and they would call. Funny, since I always schedule the dog's next appointment when I pick him up. So I just left, not a real good way to do business. Plus they wasted over 1/2 hour of my time

Bottom line: I'm looking for a new groomer. I will, of course make an appt. at Woof Gang, one that I will wait 34 minutes after the time thereof to call and let them know we are now even in the waste each other's time department.
I am extremely surprised. They have always been so accommodating with my 2 dogs. I have a handicapped dog that cannot stand for long periods of time, and they work with her. My other dog has anxiety issues, and they are super patient with him. The owner is a very nice woman. I think if you contacted her she would make amends. They have wonderful groomers and nothing else comes close to their skill level.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I am extremely surprised. They have always been so accommodating with my 2 dogs. I have a handicapped dog that cannot stand for long periods of time, and they work with her. My other dog has anxiety issues, and they are super patient with him. The owner is a very nice woman. I think if you contacted her she would make amends. They have wonderful groomers and nothing else comes close to their skill level.
Not as surprised as I was. They have always been great, same groomer for years---but this was apparently the groomer's decision and a very bad one. Normally I give a business a second chance, but this was way over the top, I'm not sure my remarks gave an accurate description of how bad the experience was. I guess the most annoying part was that I called and told them I was stuck in the rain for a few minutes----they could have said we can't take any dog that is late, but instead they chose to waste my time and then stand in front of other customers and try to argue about the time I arrived-----even the other customers knew I had been standing there longer than everyone else. So, their loss, I already have an appointment with another highly recommended groomer.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

We always show up early due to possible traffic, weather issues. We’ll be 15 minutes late for my flight hold it for us.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I detect a potential attitude problem that may be a contributing factor in the way things went down.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I detect a potential attitude problem that may be a contributing factor in the way things went down.
None whatsoever.........UNTIL........they came out a said they couldn't do it because I was late, even though they were later and I called to let them know. Even then, I saved the front desk person from arguing in front of other customers and didn't make a scene. They will, however, get "attitude" when they call back, count on it.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

You should have given them your signature....................................:1rot fl:

I hope you know I'm kidding with you. They missed that 10-year customer part!
Old 07-20-2022, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You should have given them your signature....................................:1rot fl:

I hope you know I'm kidding with you. They missed that 10-year customer part!
I would have but the floor was dirty
I looked an TOTV and other social media----apparently they've PO'ed a bunch of people.
Old 07-20-2022, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

There are 2 mobile groomer trucks that come in our street weekly. Have seen both trucks in the neighborhood for the last 8 years, so they must have a great following. When I get a chance I will pay attention for their business names, and will post to you.
Old 07-20-2022, 06:28 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
None whatsoever.........UNTIL........they came out a said they couldn't do it because I was late, even though they were later and I called to let them know. Even then, I saved the front desk person from arguing in front of other customers and didn't make a scene. They will, however, get "attitude" when they call back, count on it.
Well I can’t argue with you because I am one that draws a line in the sand too. However my dog, Reagan (a golden retriever/ dachshund mix) gets his hair and nails done occasionally at Woof Gang ‘s but my wife handles it and I don’t even know how much it costs! The dachshund was the father by the way( or so we were told). The old boy is 12 now but chases a ball (retriever) like he is 2.
Old 07-21-2022, 04:18 AM

Quote:

We use the Woof Gang site @ Palm Plaza (near Southern Trace). I have not had any issues there.
Old 07-21-2022, 04:30 AM

You sound like you belong on the Big Bang Theory TV show.
Remember; it is better to be 20 minutes early than 1 minute late.
The whole situation is your fault. Take responsibility for your actions.
Old 07-21-2022, 04:33 AM

Are you really Sheldon Cooper?
Old 07-21-2022, 04:55 AM
Veteran member

How terrible. Bottom line, someone was late for their appointment.
Old 07-21-2022, 05:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
You sound like you belong on the Big Bang Theory TV show.
Remember; it is better to be 20 minutes early than 1 minute late.
The whole situation is your fault. Take responsibility for your actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
How terrible. Bottom line, someone was late for their appointment.
You would most likely be right IF I hadn't called there first and was told it was OK to be 15 min late. Get it?????? I called, THEY said it was OK, THEN after waiting 14 minutes while they dithered around I was told they couldn't do the job. GET IT????? Sometimes I think reading comprehension has declined rapidly in this country.
Closed Thread

Tags
minutes, woof, time, gang, late

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.