Working and Airport Traveling

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Veteran member
Default Working and Airport Traveling

We plan (hopefully) on moving to TV next year. My husband may still be working - he's a VP of sales.

What do folks who work do when their job involves travelilng? Do you take your cars to the airport or do you take the shuttle bus from TV to the airport (Tampa or Orlando).

Old 08-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Founder
Default Re: Working and Airport Traveling

I employee several people who live in or near The Villages and as part of their job, they fly from Orlando every week. We give them a $100 a week allowance to get to and from the airport. They may do whatever they wish. Take the Villages shuttle, drive their own car, or have somebody drive them. The $100 just about covers it regardless of how they do it. In case they have a real early morning flight, we either pay for their hotel the night before or pay for door to door service with a professional driver. Orlando is much closer than Tampa. Door to Door professional car costs us about $80 each way.

The $100 we pay covers tolls, gas and parking. If they take the Villages shuttle, they can pocket about $40, but in using the shuttle, they may get there way early or have to wait way long when they get back. Our guys most often opt to drive their own cars.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Platinum member

When we travel, we fly out of Tampa if possible. We feel it is easier to get to the Tampa Airport-- about the same distance as Orlando and no tolls (unless you use the Veterans Expressway) We park our car here.
http://www.parkrideflyusa.com/tpa-ta...FRqsOAodPnv71A They shuttle us to the airlines.

I've heard others say they rent a car here in The Villages, drive it to the airport and turn it in. Then coming home, rent a car at the Airport and Drive it back to The Villages and turn it in. We haven't done this, but apparently one pays a one day fee and no extra drop off fee.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Guess, this is where the airport helicopter shuttle would come in handy...I am planning on looking into that while I am down the Aug 16th for 10 days..
I would rather take a Heli, than wait in traffic... :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Gold member

Great informatiom , thanks.
My husband will be working when we finally make it to the Villages in the Fall. He will be flying back and forth from Philly or Baltimore. Sounds like the shuttle service will work, especially since his employer will be reimbursing his travel expenses. I love to drive and an occasional trip to Tampa or Orlando could be combined with a shopping trip, but I do not want to do every trip.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Villages shuttle is $30 one way, what does the helicopter cost, and then what does it cost to get from the airport where the helicopter lands to TV?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

Tampa is the way to go. Easier in and easier out than Orlando. Also, consider Gainesville.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-08-2007, 11:06 AM

Don't overlook Gainesville if you find yourself having to do a connection in Atlanta.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.