Worse Driver I've ever Seen

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts
Default Worse Driver I've ever Seen

Tamarind Grove

Last edited by John_W; 11-17-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Gold member

whew!! you had me worried when I read the title of your post..Honest, I'm really trying to get the hang of the round abouts!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Sage

That's horrible!! I was on the cart today and saw what may have been an accident across from the softball fields by the polo fields on Buena Vista. Medicopter, ambulances, firetrucks and police cars and sort of looked like traffic may have been stopped too. THEN I proceeded as I was going over to the area beyond Southern Trace. At the intersection of the road that goes behind CVS then goes across 101 to Southern Trace, more of the same w/o the helicopter! This was between noon and 12:30.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Sage

Last edited by John_W; 11-17-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Veteran member

I think I would have stayed behind this car ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
About 1:00 this afternoon when going east on Bailey Trail I was in the traffic circle at Buena Vista circling behind a truck on the inside lane as I intended to exit north on Buena Vista. While in the circle the truck in front of me slammed on his brakes as a turquoise colored Toyota Camry entered the circle from Buena Vista going northbound. They never slowed, never yelded, in fact they were going about 40 mph and had the truck not stopped he would of T-boned that car.

The Toyota continued northbound on Buena Vista across from Lake Miona Rec Center going about 45 mph, luckily no other cars were around. I stayed behind him hoping to maybe see a police car while watching this car drive down the middle of the road over the centerline. At Stillwater traffic circle he shot right around without a hint of slowing and was weaving from side to side in the circle and fortunately once again there no other cars.

After he exited the circle I sped up and was in the left lane and was going to pass since he was now only in the right lane. Just as I was alongside he started over into my lane coming to within about two feet of my car while I laid on the horn for a good ten seconds. He finally retreated back to his right lane and I attemped to see who was driving but no luck, as he had darkly tinted windows.

I continued north all the way to CR 466 and he stayed behind me about a 100 yards. At Rainey Trail I noticed while I took the bypass he continued straight and took the traffic circle but exited northbound behind me but was much further behind and soon I lost sight of him. We had a few errands to run around the 466 area so I kept a lookout for him, but that was the last time I saw him. He did have Florida tags and was a very odd looking bluish turquoise color with dark tinted windows.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Sage

Last edited by John_W; 11-17-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Sage

If the Toyata was going over 45 mph and you were in front of him on Buena Vista, you really were speeding. Not too smart to go around and in front of a car that is driving in an eratic way.

You are lucky a police car did not stop YOU.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Sage

This driver described in the original post could have been drunk or having a stroke or a seizure.

Call the POLICE - 911 for Pete's sake!!!!!!! People could be killed and maimed unintentionally by somebody who's drunk or having an attack of some kind.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

This reminds me of back in the early '70 when I was on my way home from the 4PM to Midnight shift. I was on a 4 lane highway (2LN/2LS) with a turn median in the center. I came up on a driver that was literally as drunk as a skunk and was driving from one shoulder across the entire expanse of the highway to the opposite shoulder criss-crossing back and forth several times within about a quarter of a mile until he reached the end of the road where he took a right. I was going left thankfully. Unfortunately back then there was obviously no such thing as a cell phone where I could have just called emergency!

Anyway, I could have passed him right away while he was to the extreme left, but instead I put on my 4 way flashers in hope of either attracting the police or warning other vehicles of the potential danger. Thankfully there were no more vehicles on that road that morning. I've been driving for more than 49 years now and I can't say I've ever seen any driver even a quarter as bad as this one and hope I never do again!

I could also tell you about the time I was driving behind my grandfather and didn't know it was him until we both reached my parents home, but that another long story and I'll spare you!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
If the Toyata was going over 45 mph and you were in front of him on Buena Vista, you really were speeding. Not too smart to go around and in front of a car that is driving in an eratic way.

You are lucky a police car did not stop YOU.
Bingo!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Platinum member

I think that there are too many people here that do not know how to read. I actually got honked at this morning for going 20 thru a roundabout on Buena Vista on our way home from the VA clinic. The car that was doing the honking was booking along doing at least 35 through there and picked up speed from there. Many of them also cannot read STOP or think that those signs are for decoration. Why????????????????
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 04-27-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
I think that there are too many people here that do not know how to read. I actually got honked at this morning for going 20 thru a roundabout on Buena Vista on our way home from the VA clinic. The car that was doing the honking was booking along doing at least 35 through there and picked up speed from there. Many of them also cannot read STOP or think that those signs are for decoration. Why????????????????
I had a guy (or woman) behind me this morning who did not understand the concept that at a red light you must first stop and look before turning right on red. They were honking like crazy because I didn't just run that red light since I was turning right.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
I had a guy (or woman) behind me this morning who did not understand the concept that at a red light you must first stop and look before turning right on red. They were honking like crazy because I didn't just run that red light since I was turning right.
These people need to just take a chill pill or go back to where they came from where those types of behavior are acceptable.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

I stopped at CVS and then went over to the Edwin Watts Golf Shop. Both my wife and I noted each time this intersection is an accident waiting to happen. Cars fly southbound toward 466 and cars turn from 466 northbound and they are all going fast and other cars are trying to cross over for Publix or the othe way. I saw a car stopped halfway in the middle and a guy northbound was waving his arms at them because he had to stop. I try and stay out of that area whenever I can.
John, I agree. The exit from CVS onto CR 101 is on a curve, and drivers pull out on the road to see what traffic is approaching from the north. It gets my vote as one of the most dangerous areas in TV.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Platinum member

Now I'm scared sh**less to drive the roundabouts.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.