Worst company ever!

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2022, 07:33 AM

We used them and they were wonderful.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:34 AM

The insiders of the industry call this: “spiking a job”.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:09 AM

There has to be a small claims court in the county…..
Old 01-26-2022, 08:12 AM

the villages is a good place not to du work her
Old 01-26-2022, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Contact BBB and issue a complaint. Next, need to contact lawyer. May give crime against seniors a call. Not sure if they will be any help. Post on social media.
Sorry to hear of her troubles, but thanks for the heads up on this scam operation.
Example of the value of this forum. It reaches thousands of people and with TV as a whole the residents here comprise a humongous buying machine. I know that businesses read TOTV. A complaint like this could cost them a bundle in lost business.

I hope the original poster pursues the actions suggested. One other thing I'd suggest is that a letter (NOT email) to the president of the company (that information can be found online: it is possible that this business is a subsidiary of another and the guy/gal on top of that particular heap may have no idea what is going on), with a concurrent complaint made to the Better Business Bureau accompanied by a copy of the letter to the business headquarters included. Include entire history of the incident and pictures if you have them. I've used this strategy a couple of times and believe me, it gets results.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemarySoso View Post
A good friend is going thru hell thanks to KITCHEN AND BATH STUDIOS OF OCALA. Her job was supposed to be done but she sits with a shower that was gutted and that’s it. People are supposed to show up— they don’t. No calls! She has paid them over $6,000. They won’t continue until she forks over the balance. In my opinion, they are exploiting a single woman. Not nice.
Suprised
They did our kitchen and it was done on time with no problems. A beautiful job. This was 2 years ago. This past year they did our friends kitchen with the same result.
Got to wonder
Old 01-26-2022, 08:52 AM
Default Roberto’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
We met with us about our kitchen and we had 2 meetings with the results - the quote was WAY higher than it should have been, they would not share the cost breakdown, and they kept telling us that Quartz and Granite are about the same price. Well, Quartz may be, but the Cambria we were looking at is almost DOUBLE the price of quartz. We found that out from another contractor. My impression is they are highly disorganized, their prices are very high, and they are not forthcoming with information. I would not work with them. We are talking to Burns and Roberto's. Impressed with both so far.
Roberto’s just finished a job for us, and we are very pleased with the results - granite countertops in the kitchen and tile replacing carpets in the bedrooms.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:57 AM

We used Gingerich for our kitchen remodel, Aug.20-Jan21. Very professional, on time. Initial deposit, then paid in installments after each stage was completed. Due to Covid, we had to change our choice of electric oven. The original choice is still not being made but we are very happy with an alternative choice. This supply chain hell will cause a LOT of problems for all remodelers.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:03 AM

I think it's a combination of a disorganized company and a "qualified" labor shortage. The USA is becoming like France. 20 years ago a doctor friend from France told me that it was very hard to find people there that wanted to work or were even qualified to do the work.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:03 AM

I have very mixed feelings about this company. We used them for replacement quartz countertops (plus sinks and fixtures). I was very frustrated by their delays and lack of responsiveness, and only got satisfaction after contacting the company president. That said, their pricing was competitive and we are extremely satisfied with the work they did.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Never, ever, ever, not ever, pay a contractor any money in advance. It is a recipe for disaster. The worst thing you can do is to pay a contractor money for work that they have not performed. You will get ripped off. And, it has been said over and over on this website. My advice to the woman is to not pay them any more money.
That's not always going to work if the contractor has to order special materials in advance. Then trust gets shifted entirely to the other foot. But, I would never pay for labor in advance.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:39 AM

Report to BBB, crime against seniors. Write up on Yelp ect.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:45 AM
Platinum member

one can also file a complaint with the state of Florida which takes very seriously treatment of seniors: Florida Attorney General - Senior Protection Team

also If you wish to file a complaint against a contractor, you may contact the Department of Business & Professional Regulation online at MyFloridaLicense.com – License efficiently. Regulate fairly. or by phone at (850) 487-1395. Additionally, you should file a complaint with the Attorney General’s Office online at Florida Attorney General - Home Page or by phone toll-free at 1-866-9-NO-SCAM.

You may also file a complaint with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, which acts as the State's consumer complaint clearinghouse, at Consumer Resources / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.

losing one's contractor license is a great incentive to fall in line
Old 01-26-2022, 09:47 AM

Their telephone number is: 352 753 0727...........Seniors vs. Crime Project
Old 01-26-2022, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

Here’s a vote for S&itty Furniture (City Furniture) for worst company.
Closed Thread

Tags
supposed, paid, calls, don’t, up—

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.