Worst company ever!

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2022, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,733 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
That's not always going to work if the contractor has to order special materials in advance. Then trust gets shifted entirely to the other foot. But, I would never pay for labor in advance.
I would pay for custom materials, with the provision that I can use a credit card and the materials must be delivered within 60 days, or the credit charge will be disputed with the bank. If the materials take longer than 60 days, then a new credit card charge can be issued. That way, both the customer and the contractor are protected.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemarySoso View Post
A good friend is going thru hell thanks to KITCHEN AND BATH STUDIOS OF OCALA. Her job was supposed to be done but she sits with a shower that was gutted and that’s it. People are supposed to show up— they don’t. No calls! She has paid them over $6,000. They won’t continue until she forks over the balance. In my opinion, they are exploiting a single woman. Not nice.
This post is second hand information. We typically get only one side of every story.
There is or should be a contract signed by both parties. It should spell out cost and payment schedule. It, is nice that you are helping a friend. She should surely have a copy of the CONTRACT. A guess. A typical bath remodel is like 10,000. If, she has paid 6.000 it is roughly 2/3 paid. I would think leaving 10% unpaid for whatever details need to be touched up or whatever on completion is fair and reasonable.

They can and may have put a lien on her home against the contract. FAIR is of course in the mind of the beholder. In a business, a major part is getting paid. Doing that well, doing that NICELY is truly an art.

An OLD joke. A customer calls the salesman and says I need a rush order of those shoes I bought six months ago. They flew out of here at a great profit. In fact double my last order. How soon can you ship them? HOW SOON CAN YOU COVER YOUR PAST DUE PAYMENT?
Old 01-26-2022, 10:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
A good friend is going thru hell thanks to KITCHEN AND BATH STUDIOS OF OCALA. Her job was supposed to be done but she sits with a shower that was gutted and that’s it. People are supposed to show up— they don’t. No calls! She has paid them over $6,000. They won’t continue until she forks over the balance. In my opinion, they are exploiting a single woman. Not nice.
Worst company ever!

From your title I thought you were talking about me.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersweeney View Post
There has to be a small claims court in the county…..
As far as small claims court, I used it twice in my life and I won and perhaps more important I COLLECTED both times. I've posted previously that it cost me like $18 to go to small claims court. It is far different in Florida. They charge a percentage of the amount you sue for. I don't know if they perhaps help you to prepare your case and to collect.

It is actually a lot of work to sue in small claims court. The original post by a friend of the lady involved in this. Implies to me that the person in the dispute is shy of for some reason unable to go to small claims court. Common problems, you need to sure the right person and or corporation. It is not uncommon for people to do business under a false name or corporate name. You do not want to waste time suing a ghost. Then there is collection. I recall reading a very low percentage of small claims court winnings are collectable. Most people perhaps wiser than I decide it is not worth the trouble.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,194 Times in 761 Posts

Thanks, I'll put them on my do not use list.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Contact BBB and issue a complaint. Next, need to contact lawyer. May give crime against seniors a call. Not sure if they will be any help. Post on social media.
Sorry to hear of her troubles, but thanks for the heads up on this scam operation.
Re: contacting a lawyer
Having done that 3-4x in my life. Each time, well truth except for once, it was a negative experience. A guess, if an attorney got involved in this case being SMALL dollars they would charge you 2-300 an hour. The person you would sue would be well aware of this and would try to run up your legal bill. You would paying expenses.
Drive to the contractors place of business-so many miles at ???? per mile plus an hour
to get there at 2-300 an hour. Waiting to see the person at 2-300 an hour.

Far as a scam operation. I DO NOT KNOW EITHER PARTY. If, you read the post it is a friend posting not even the original person involved. ESSENTIALLY THIS IS HOW RUMORS START.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:44 AM
Sage

The company seems to have very good reviews. The one complaint on BBB.org is from a customer who made a down payment of $10,000 for a $15,540 project, and the job has not been completed. I can't help but think that, if there had been no down payment, only progress payments, the project would have been completed. When you pay a two-thirds down payment, you may think you are expediting the project. But any contractor who asks for a large down payment probably has cash flow issues, and they will not expedite your project. Rather, they will expedite other projects where they have not received a down payment, to improve their cash flow.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:58 AM

Crimes against seniors is toothless. BBB is for it’s advertisers and I don’t have any confidence in them. Small claims court works best but is not cheap and could be difficult collecting. The State Attorneys Office is not processing a case (felony larceny) efficiently. They are going on two years on a criminal who is admitting. They are avoiding contact with the victim. If you want to hear the COVID word call your government. DONT PAY TILL YOUR DONE AND HAPPY.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:42 AM

This whole story makes no sense. Nobody business should ask for any amount till job is completed. I just used Westshore Homes for a shower unit. They never asked for a dime till job was done and I was completely satisfied. Plus why would a business ask for $6000 up front and gut it out then ask for balance to finish job. I believe there's more to this story.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:48 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1975 View Post
. Nobody business should ask for any amount till job is completed.
Buy a new construction house from The Villages, you will deposit up front.

Old 01-26-2022, 01:05 PM

It just amazes(and baffles) me, that after being in TV(and on ToTV) for 3-4yrs, I'm still reading how people are paying money up front, for work that has NOT EVEN BEEN STARTED(let alone completed)?!!! I don't care what they demand(or require). If they can't front their labor and materials, they are not worth it!!!! Very sad!
Old 01-26-2022, 01:15 PM

Tell her to take her documentation and go to Seniors V Crime. Phone 352-689-4600 ext. 4600. Monday through Thursday from 10-2:00
Old 01-26-2022, 01:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
It just amazes(and baffles) me, that after being in TV(and on ToTV) for 3-4yrs, I'm still reading how people are paying money up front, for work that has NOT EVEN BEEN STARTED(let alone completed)?!!! I don't care what they demand(or require). If they can't front their labor and materials, they are not worth it!!!! Very sad!
These threads tend to feed on themselves. The original post says it is a friend starting this for someone else. It is, second hand, bad mouthing a contractor who may or may not be guilty of ANYTHING inappropriate. The secondhand information says the other party has paid 6,000 and the work is not completed. It sounds like some or most or??????? has been completed. It is interesting and ?????????? how these things quickly turn into a lynch mob
Old 01-26-2022, 01:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
These threads tend to feed on themselves. The original post says it is a friend starting this for someone else. It is, second hand, bad mouthing a contractor who may or may not be guilty of ANYTHING inappropriate. The secondhand information says the other party has paid 6,000 and the work is not completed. It sounds like some or most or??????? has been completed. It is interesting and ?????????? how these things quickly turn into a lynch mob
No. The OP says that the woman's shower has been "gutted and that's it". So, it sounds to me like the contractor has done very little work for $6,000. And, the contractor is demanding full payment or he won't continue the project. The OP may be inaccurate, but that is what it says.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:16 PM
Default Please stick through this with your friend.

Quote:
You're a good friend to help her with this issue. Please stick with her until it is resolved. There have been several good suggestions: BBB; The Seniors vs. Crime Project; the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation; Small Claims Court (without using an expensive layer); etc.

Some people have great skills in certain areas and may be a deer in the headlights when it comes to other issues. And, dealing with an issue like this bad contractor, is one area where many people are the deer.

Again, please stick with her (maybe recruit some other friends to help, too) until she is 100% restored, either with her money back or the job perfectly completed.
Closed Thread

Tags
supposed, paid, calls, don’t, up—

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.