Trash,trash,trash

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2021, 08:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Trash,trash,trash

Moved to the Villages 10 years ago . Tamarind Grove area. Many of our out of town visitors would comment on the cleanliness of TV. Now quite common to see trash thrown in the streets (not just 466&466A). Bottles , food wrappers , cans, trash bags, and other stuff. Why is this change occurring ,what can be done about it?
Old 07-07-2021, 08:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Outsiders ? Down at the squares, I see cups and plastic water bottles laying about almost every day. It's worse on weekends.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:51 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

It's happening because many people are pigs.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
It's happening because many people are pigs.
Finally someone telling it like it is. Is a me, me, me society and people don’t care that you have to look at their trash. We were in NC at a beach and a group of 4 packed up their belongings and left their trash behind on the beach….cans, wrappers, etc. When they left, we picked up their trash. It made me sad that they had no respect for the beautiful land they were using or for the people around them that had to look at the trash they left.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Moved to the Villages 10 years ago . Tamarind Grove area. Many of our out of town visitors would comment on the cleanliness of TV. Now quite common to see trash thrown in the streets (not just 466&466A). Bottles , food wrappers , cans, trash bags, and other stuff. Why is this change occurring ,what can be done about it?
Far as cleanness I wonder if it is just more people picking up after the pigs.

I have proof that memory is not correct. I was sure streets were far cleaner when I was a kid. I knew we had them but I had never seen them. Sixteen mm movies of my family at a park-I was about 4-5. I had not seen them because we never had a 16mm projector. I had them transferred to DVD my parents, my relatives 65 years ago. As far as my memory, that the streets were far cleaner in the old days, you can see trash blowing on the streets.
As a kid, we were just blind to it.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:

More people more trash, sometimes it blows out of carts and trucks drivers unaware.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
More people more trash, sometimes it blows out of carts and trucks drivers unaware.
ditto...

IMHO I believe a lot of the trash we see on the roadways flew out of the back of a pickup bed or off a trailer

however you do see some drinking cups thrown way up on the grass along side of the roads...that was done on purpose by some slop

now, if you're talking about trash on a MM trail...that's different, that's just lazy, sloppy behavior by a few people that have been selfish all their lives and just don't care...a reflection upon their poor upbringing
Old 07-07-2021, 10:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

I noticed a lot of younger people around for the past week or so. I expect most are here seeing parents or grandparents. I expect people that live here are less likely to toss trash on the ground. But, even among residents, I see it happening sometimes. Luckily the streets are cleaned occassionally.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:37 AM

So after walking several of the walking/bike trails I've noticed a total lack of trash containers along the pathways. Has there ever been a suggestion to place covered garbage bins every so often on these trails? It might cut down on some of the garbage. Of course The Villages landscaping crews would also have to empty them so there would be a cost.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Runner View Post
So after walking several of the walking/bike trails I've noticed a total lack of trash containers along the pathways. Has there ever been a suggestion to place covered garbage bins every so often on these trails? It might cut down on some of the garbage. Of course The Villages landscaping crews would also have to empty them so there would be a cost.
I don't know who is responsible for the MMs, I expect it is the district, and if so you could contact your district and suggest it. And yes, someone would have to pay for the cans, pay for the replacement cans, pay for the liners, pay for the pickup and disposal of the contents, etc. But, if enough people in a district want it, then it is a perfectly good solution.
Old 07-07-2021, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Runner View Post
Carry your own stuff that becomes trash……..carry your own trash. No trash cans required.
Lazy people
Old 07-07-2021, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I don't know who is responsible for the MMs, I expect it is the district, and if so you could contact your district and suggest it. And yes, someone would have to pay for the cans, pay for the replacement cans, pay for the liners, pay for the pickup and disposal of the contents, etc. But, if enough people in a district want it, then it is a perfectly good solution.
Poor solution for lazy people!
Old 07-07-2021, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,524 Times in 3,110 Posts

Quote:
Maybe their grandparents never taught their parents how to be parents to their children.

Maybe the kids are just rebels. Maybe they ARE the grandparents, and they're too senile to remember to take it out of their carts and bring it into the trash at home, so they just toss it because they know someone else will eventually deal with it anyway.

Maybe they're single men who are too drunk to notice. Maybe they're married women who are too in love to care.

Maybe it's the full moon.

Maybe there are just a lot more people, and therefore a lot more people who don't give littering a moment's thought. Just like there are ALSO a lot more people who DO care, and a lot more people who might care, but don't notice.

A lot more people = a lot more of a variety of personalities and behaviors. Sad but true. The more residents we have, the more likely we are to see more litter.
Old 07-08-2021, 05:11 AM
Platinum member
Angry

I think a lot of the trash comes from the vendors that just don't care.
Not their hood so just throw it out.
Old 07-08-2021, 05:12 AM

People need to be personally responsible. How many times do you see things fly out of golf carts because someone has not properly secured their items-cups, napkins, masks? Also prior to COVID I would take small bag with me. & pick up trash.
Closed Thread

Tags
trash, 466&466a, bottles, food, wrappers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.