Would anyone happen to know the name of the village where Wisteria is located?

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Sage
Default Would anyone happen to know the name of the village where Wisteria is located?

Would anyone happen to know the name of the village where Wisteria Street is located? Supposedly, that neighborhood is where Nancy Lopez built her home. I do realize she is no longer living there.

(I don't have access to my map at the moment..........lent it out.)

It's close to Mulberry shopping, etc. and the V.A. I think.

On the aerial view, it looks as though there is a lot of space between residences or else just not a lot of homes built there..............

We were looking for a large enough property to put in a large pool and large birdcage........and have come across this neighborhood a few times.

Will definitely check it out once we are back in TV......but for now, just wondering why the homes seem to be few and far between.......at least on the satellite map, etc. Homes seem to be built in the early 2000's.

Thanks in advance..................

I wouldn't mind rehabbing a home if the land is big enough for what we want......which is huge outdoor living space..........
Old 07-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Would anyone happen to know the name of the village where Wisteria Street is located? Supposedly, that neighborhood is where Nancy Lopez built her home. I do realize she is no longer living there.

(I don't have access to my map at the moment..........lent it out.)

It's close to Mulberry shopping, etc. and the V.A. I think.

On the aerial view, it looks as though there is a lot of space between residences or else just not a lot of homes built there..............

We were looking for a large enough property to put in a large pool and large birdcage........and have come across this neighborhood a few times.

Will definitely check it out once we are back in TV......but for now, just wondering why the homes seem to be few and far between.......at least on the satellite map, etc. Homes seem to be built in the early 2000's.

Thanks in advance..................

I wouldn't mind rehabbing a home if the land is big enough for what we want......which is huge outdoor living space..........

Take rt 301 to spring lake rd to Wisteria
Old 07-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Sage

Could be Springdale....looking quickly at my map. On Erin Glen 9 at Nancy Lopez course.

Last edited by pooh; 07-26-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Have you tried Google? It comes up as 173rd Wisteria, kind of a small lot from the aerial view, try this link https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ed=0CEMQ8gEwAA
Old 07-26-2013, 09:05 AM

Did a garden tour in TV a few years ago, homes north of 466 do seem to have larger lot sizes, but I was surprised how you could find amazing outdoor spaces in any village by a quirk of a cul-de-sac or placement of a large oak tree. But, for really large special outdoor living spaces, it would be interesting to check out Harmeswood or Hickory Hammock. You can see in google earth how different these areas are. Large trees, privacy, pools etc. both are very unique for the TV.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Platinum member

The village is Briar Meadow. House in on one of the holes of Lopez golf course; can't remember which one.

That which does not destroy you, makes you stronger- Nietzsche
Old 07-26-2013, 04:47 PM

The Lopez home is on Willowick Circle in Briar Meadow on the 9th hole of Ashley Meadows course.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Sage

Thanks to all. Got my map back. You are all in the right area............

The one neighborhood I had focused on seems to be smack in the middle of the golf course but the home was not on the golf course..........has been sold as of July 3, 2013 for $300,000. more than they were asking for it.

The golf course surrounding that neighborhood seems to be "Erinn Glenn Golf Course"

Village of Springdale seems to be right below it. It's the only village name I can see.
I now think those who said BRIAR MEADOW are correct as far as name of the village.....where Wisteria and Willowick are.

The name of the village really isn't shown on the map but it's near all of those mentioned above...........near Legacy Lane and near Nancy Lopez Legacy Country Club.

On the map it would be C 6 and C 7 as far as Wisteria St. and Willowick Circle.......so Village of Briar Meadow is logical.

Basically, the area just looks less crowded........it was a neighborhood of designer stucco homes; that one was built in 2002 I believe...........

Hubby and also our daughter in law would ride the golf cart from our rental home in Calumet Grove over that way enroute to Mulberry Grove for shopping.........was a convenient location and again, not as congested. Mostly, we just took the rental car.

We liked that area..........when we were coming from Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter Landing up Buena Vista, we'd go past the Polo Grounds, past the Savannah Center heading north and then make the left into Calumet Grove...........so this village was across from Calumet Grove..........the "fitness trail" and high tension wires were someplace over there...........in general, we found that entire northwest quadrant to be nice and quiet.

Our rental home was right on the Nancy Lopez golf course someplace across from that country club..........the "boys" practiced their golf across the way; our rental home was on McAlpin on the Torry Pine Golf Course...

North of Calumet Grove was route 42. Village of Briar Meadow was below Mulberry Grove Shopping area.......Village of Springdale was right below this "neighborhood" of Wisteria and Willowick.......where supposedly Nancy Lopez built her first home.

Harmeswood of Belleaire was right below that. WE never went into that village as there was always a sign, as we passed by, that said to use other entrance?????

At first , after we rented there, in Calumet Grove (before seeing it in person) we thought it was "far away" from everything , on the map at least.........but after living there for one month, it seemed nice and quiet and we didn't mind the ride...........we'd take the car to go to go exploring the rest of TV. Just would hear a little bit of music from the
Nancy Lopez Legacy Country Club on Friday or Saturday nights.

Hubby sold his big boat and towing vehicle so he could build a pool and birdcage.....so need a bigger lot...when the time comes.

Still browsing. But, really glad to have my map back.....we wouldn't mind "upgrading" or slightly remodeling a home if the location is good. We are used to being in a small neighborhood for the past 42 years, up the hill from the center of town, where everyone raised their families together.......saw them all grow up and have kids of their own, saw our elders die off.........now we are the older residents. Like a bit of space between the homes as that's what we are used to in our small town........a friend again mentioned the train sound but truthfully, even though I've read about people saying they could hear the train from that vicinity...........I never heard it. My husband said he could hear it on occasion ....far off in the distance..........way up to the west of route 41 (which is above Mulberry Grove shopping)
Thanks again.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Gold member

Nancy's former home is definitely located on the 9th tee of Erin Glenn
Old 07-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
Nancy's former home is definitely located on the 9th tee of Erin Glenn
I'm sure it is. Very nice area.

The house I was wondering about was on Wisteria but wasn't on the golf course.......however, did have a spacious back yard with room for a huge pool and a huge birdcage over it.......so a lot of outdoor living space.

The home we rented was on another one of the golf courses named after another one of her daughters.........

Pretty area.......older settled area.

Thanks...........
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.