Wow... Both Squares are empty tonight !!!!

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
336 post in less than a month - watch out Graciegirl someone's on the high road to catch your lead in total posts!

LOL I am not that prolific. I started here before I moved. I just didn't know about the curfews. Maybe it is all the Koolaid Villagers drink?
Old 11-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Sage

Yep - 9 PM and they roll up the sidewalks in TV.

Some Karaoke places are open later and I heard that Applebys bar is open until 1 AM.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-14-2010, 07:48 AM

The quickest way I have found to view the Lake Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs webcams is to go to The Villages website homepage (www.thevillages.com). Click on the temperature that is displayed in the upper right hand corner of the page. This will open the LSL web cam in a separate window. To change to the Spanish Springs webcam just click on bottom of the LSL webcam page. You can toggle back and forth between the two of them. Works great for me.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati1974 View Post
How do you access these web cams?
Here is the link to the web cam's. Either click on the link or copy and paste in your browser. Notice this link is for Sumter, however look at the link just below the picture and that will take you to Spanish Springs web camera.

http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle/cam_lsl.asp

Several ways to enlarge the picture. One way in IE is by going to the top of your screen and click on "View", then "Zoom", then enlarge it to whatever percentage you feel like viewing. Remember, the larger the picture, the larger the pixels will be and the more out of focus.

When finished, do the same again and return the setting to 100%. Have fun.

C ya - bye

NOW THIS IS STRANGE ++++ When I click on the above url, I'm redirected to a yahoo webpage. But when I go to the web cam through the Villages/Lifestyle/town squares..... I get the same url and can see the cameras ++++ strange#!#$@##%%

Last edited by TommyT; 11-14-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Founder

Am I the only one? When I click on either of the links posts in this thread, I am taken to the Yahoo home page.

As many of you know, for unknown reasons, TOTV has been blocked by the Villages from allowing links to most of their sites from here. Maybe they decided to insert a redirect to Yahoo rather than cycle back to TOTV, as it has been.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Am I the only one? When I click on either of the links posts in this thread, I am taken to the Yahoo home page.

As many of you know, for unknown reasons, TOTV has been blocked by the Villages from allowing links to most of their sites from here. Maybe they decided to insert a redirect to Yahoo rather than cycle back to TOTV, as it has been.
Try this link...

http://thevillages.com/lifestyle/cam_ss.asp

I had some ?fun? looking at this a while ago if you are really interested. Just my theory...

Posting URLs in TOTV curiosity

Last edited by ajbrown; 03-11-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: fixed refer site
Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post

Thanks Jan, I thought I was going nuts trying to figure this one..
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.