Xfinity

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Default Xfinity

I recently received a letter from Xfinity. They said I could increase my download speeds on my computer from 50mbps to 75mbps if I followed the instructions in the letter. What they didn't mention was that doing so would cost me an additional $10 a month. No where in the letter did they state this fact. Beware!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Platinum member
Default so nice of them.

Wasn't that just so nice of them to be so helpful.. I wonder how many people have fallen for this scam. Shame that such a large company resorts to this.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Sage

Interesting.....letter Mom-in-law received said there would be no extra charge. Will look at her letter again.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Audio Video View Post
Xfinity increased the speed of Blast Internet from an advertised 50 to an advertised 75Mbps. Actual throughput is 90 Mbps. (was 60).

There is NO additional charge for this speed increase. Just reset (unplug) your modem for the update to take effect. It might take a while before the update is initialized. Be patient and enjoy the free upgrade.

Full disclosure : I'm a Comcast dealer

If any new customers are interested in 90 Mbps Internet @ $39.99 per month with no contract, call me. 30 Mbps is also available @ $19.99 per month for a year. Again, no contract
What will they do for us price wise for an old customer. I've been with them for 8 years and they charge me $103 every month for Blast plus.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJKski View Post
I recently received a letter from Xfinity. They said I could increase my download speeds on my computer from 50mbps to 75mbps if I followed the instructions in the letter. What they didn't mention was that doing so would cost me an additional $10 a month. No where in the letter did they state this fact. Beware!
these totally false posts are degrading the integrity of this forum. its getting hard to sift thru and find a semblance of good info.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Audio Video View Post
jnieman,

Dealing with any broadband provider you're enticed to sign up at a low introductory rate. Once the promotion has expired you have to "Pay or Play"

Pay the higher price or

Play the game. Call customer service, complain about the pricing, tell them you'll go to the competition, bla, bla, bla. Don't get what you want? Hang up and try again. Get transferred to the retention department , yadda, yadda, yadda. . Still not happy? Try chat or email a Comcast employee. Repeat when necessary. It's extremely aggravating. That's why everyone hates broadband providers.

One thing I can promise is that your bill will never go down. Doesn't matter which provider you choose, the bills only go up unless you play....
I hate all that 'haggling' is that a word? with Comcast every time the rates go up as they always do. so I decided to talk to a retention agent and get a decent price and agree to a 2 year contract. so now no more increases for me for 2 years and then I guess ill go back and 'haggle' again.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:05 AM
Veteran member

I Hate xfinity! I have had comcast here for 13 years, they keep playing around, adding features that i don't want, override my network settings daily, as soon as i can get an internet provider as fast as Comcast, i will get rid of them and get TV by "Air"
Closed Thread

Tags
letter, xfinity, cost, state, fact, beware, $10, month, additional, instructions, increase, download, speeds, recently, received, computer, 75mbps, 50mbps, mention

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.