xFinity Mobile

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2023, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,727 Times in 5,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrjck View Post
I don't have Xfynity Mobile but my cell phone provider uses the Verizon network. Service is very spotty throughout the villages including at our house. I assume that it is hit and miss with most carriers. We do utilize wifi calling at home and it is a big help. If your phone has that option it could be a game changer. As for service, we have Xfinity wifi at home and the local Xfynity/Comcast store has been very helpful. Offered to swap out a modem in seconds without question, for example.
I have Xfinity Mobile and I have not noticed any issues with the Verizon network. My monthy cell phone bill is only $13.60, unless I use more than 1gb of mobile data, which I never have.

I don't need to use wifi calling for calls, but I have noticed that it can be useful when you try to text a photo and it won't go through. Apparently, switching to wifi calling will allow a larger data photo to be transmitted by text.
Old 03-25-2023, 11:31 AM

Constantly receiving notices of over data limits on our xfinity internet service & called many times asking for assistance as we were not doing anything that would warrant going over data limits. When talking to xfinity (always with plenty of language barrier)there was no help or assistance other than up selling to unlimited data! Finally gave up on xfinity and canceled internet service. I also had xfinity mobile phone service & it took countless calls & 1 xfinity store visit over 4 days to get phone released and transferred to T-Mobile! I also went with there internet service & very happy with T-mobile! After canceling xfinity then the calls & emails started, sorry you had trouble, we can make it right give us another chance! Thinking they might consider that offer before the customer of 11 years is so furious with there neglect and poor service he cancels!
Old 03-25-2023, 07:24 PM

Have had Xfinity mobile for years: also have Xfinity home WiFi too. No problems with either. I live south of 44. Have 3 phones on the mobile system currently.
Actually had a great experience at the Xfinity store in Lady Lake: quickly switched my account when I moved here.
Old 03-26-2023, 07:40 AM
Veteran member

You get nothing for nothing in this world.

Xfinity resells Verizon service at a discount because Xfinity customers have less priority on the network.

This may never be a problem other than maybe in a crowded area or sports arena.

T-Mobile has serious security issues, it seems they’re always having data breach problems. I still have free credit monitoring as a settlement from T-Mobile 6 years ago and they’re still having far too many security issues. There is also the famous SIM swapping issue they still have which basically switches your number to someone else's phone.

I think T-Mobile's hiring practices had a very low threshold and the inside corruption is rampant.

T-Mobile leaked my Social and I wasn’t even a customer anymore, why we're they retaining my social number?
T-Mobile lost my trust years ago but if you're happy with them that’s great.

Me, I’ll pay a few extra dollars and stay with Verizon. It's not like I have a home phone backup, this is not the area to save a few dollars. IMO.
Old 03-26-2023, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,727 Times in 5,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
You get nothing for nothing in this world.

Xfinity resells Verizon service at a discount because Xfinity customers have less priority on the network.

This may never be a problem other than maybe in a crowded area or sports arena.

T-Mobile has serious security issues, it seems they’re always having data breach problems. I still have free credit monitoring as a settlement from T-Mobile 6 years ago and they’re still having far too many security issues. There is also the famous SIM swapping issue they still have which basically switches your number to someone else's phone.

I think T-Mobile's hiring practices had a very low threshold and the inside corruption is rampant.

T-Mobile leaked my Social and I wasn’t even a customer anymore, why we're they retaining my social number?
T-Mobile lost my trust years ago but if you're happy with them that’s great.

Me, I’ll pay a few extra dollars and stay with Verizon. It's not like I have a home phone backup, this is not the area to save a few dollars. IMO.
According to Xfinity Mobile, you will get the same priority as Verizon customers if you have a 5G phone, OR if you have their "by-the-gig" data plan. The only Xfinity Mobile customers who get a lower priority are those who have a 4G phone AND have the Xfinity Mobile unlimited data plan.
Old 03-28-2023, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
According to Xfinity Mobile, you will get the same priority as Verizon customers if you have a 5G phone, OR if you have their "by-the-gig" data plan. The only Xfinity Mobile customers who get a lower priority are those who have a 4G phone AND have the Xfinity Mobile unlimited data plan.
So that's probably 75% of Xfinity customers.

I just think it's important for folks to have the facts and make an informed decision.
Closed Thread

Tags
xfinity, text, problems, service, mobile

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.