xFinity Mobile

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2023, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts
Default xFinity Mobile

The last few days we've been having problems with our xFinity mobile service. Intermittently, our calls wouldn't ring through. We could text, but that service was VERY slow and iffy: my wife sent me one text which got repeated two more times but only after nearly fifteen minutes after she sent the text!

Talked to our neighbor across the street and he was having the same problems.

Calling xFinity was (obviously) not an option. They do have a "chat" feature on their website but it is a robot and quite clueless.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Old 03-24-2023, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,733 Times in 5,252 Posts

Do you have the problem at all locations around The Villages? Also, you can switch your phone settings to "wifi calling" and see if there is any difference. This setting allows you to make calls and texts without using the cellular network. Another option is to go to the Xfinity store and have them change out the SIM card in your phone. I have had to do that twice. Apparently, some SIM cards become defective or outdated.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Do you have the problem at all locations around The Villages? Also, you can switch your phone settings to "wifi calling" and see if there is any difference. This setting allows you to make calls and texts without using the cellular network. Another option is to go to the Xfinity store and have them change out the SIM card in your phone. I have had to do that twice. Apparently, some SIM cards become defective or outdated.
Thanx for both pieces of advice. I don't think it is the SIM card as both my wife and my neighbor have been having the same problems. We've been meaning to talk to xFinity anyway about new phones and this might be the perfect time. However if they're having systemic problems...
Old 03-24-2023, 08:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

We switched to XFinity mobile to reduce our internet/cable bill. BIG mistake. We not on our home network we could not text, or search the internet. We tried all the fixes in settings, etc. No help. We recently went to the Xfinity store and they changed the SIM card. It worked for a week or so, and now we're back to shakey texting and no internet, even finding an Xfinity hot spot won't work.
We're going back to the store next week and if they can't fix it once and our all, we'll drop them and search for a new provider. We were with TMobile for 20 years and very satisfied. Sometimes saving a few dollars just isn't worth it.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I have XFinity mobile no problems….
Old 03-24-2023, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I have XFinity mobile no problems….
Same here, it’s been working flawlessly for several years. Plus, we get free high speed internet at our Villages home as we have a reliable xfinity mobile hotspot at our home. Xfinity mobile uses the Verizon network of cell towers for the cell signal so cell service is essentially identical to Verizon at a fraction of the cost. Verizon customers get priority when a cell tower is at bandwidth capacity but that is rarely an issue unless you are in a big city where cell tower capacity can sometimes become overstressed.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
The last few days we've been having problems with our xFinity mobile service. Intermittently, our calls wouldn't ring through. We could text, but that service was VERY slow and iffy: my wife sent me one text which got repeated two more times but only after nearly fifteen minutes after she sent the text!

Calling xFinity was (obviously) not an option. They do have a "chat" feature on their website but it is a robot and quite clueless.

We had Xfinity at our home and their Mobile service for many years. When we moved we switched to Spectrum because it was much less money. What a Nightmare it was trying to switch our Mobile phone account. Hours and hours on the phone and sever trips to the Xfinity store! And they kept billing us for a Mobile account that did not exist! You can’t get through to anyone to handle the issue. I finely called American Express and had them reject all charges from Comcast/Xfinity. Last week I got and email from Xfinity that our Mobile account was canceled for non-payment. We switched to Spectrum in December! As long as I have another choice I will never do business with Comcast again. They are just too big and no one knows what the hell they are doing. Beware….
Old 03-24-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
We switched to XFinity mobile to reduce our internet/cable bill. BIG mistake. We not on our home network we could not text, or search the internet. We tried all the fixes in settings, etc. No help. We recently went to the Xfinity store and they changed the SIM card. It worked for a week or so, and now we're back to shakey texting and no internet, even finding an Xfinity hot spot won't work.
We're going back to the store next week and if they can't fix it once and our all, we'll drop them and search for a new provider. We were with TMobile for 20 years and very satisfied. Sometimes saving a few dollars just isn't worth it.
Good luck trying to switch cell carriers! It took us 3 months of nightmare
Old 03-25-2023, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
We had Xfinity at our home and their Mobile service for many years. When we moved we switched to Spectrum because it was much less money. What a Nightmare it was trying to switch our Mobile phone account. Hours and hours on the phone and sever trips to the Xfinity store! And they kept billing us for a Mobile account that did not exist! You can’t get through to anyone to handle the issue. I finely called American Express and had them reject all charges from Comcast/Xfinity. Last week I got and email from Xfinity that our Mobile account was canceled for non-payment. We switched to Spectrum in December! As long as I have another choice I will never do business with Comcast again. They are just too big and no one knows what the hell they are doing. Beware….

We switched from Verizon (after having for 20+ years) to Spectrum to save a lot of money and we have noticed no difference in service but a giant difference in our bill. Spectrum uses Verizon towers so service has been the same.
Old 03-25-2023, 06:30 AM
Default Xfinity mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post

No problems here. My husband has xfinity, I ATT, he sometimes has better service than me 🤷*♀️
Old 03-25-2023, 07:05 AM

XFINITY is a digital scammer. (They sell services they can’t (or won’t) provide.) If I had ANY other option for services, I’d leave them in a microsecond. BUT the only cable Wi-Fi available at my address is from them.
Old 03-25-2023, 07:44 AM

We have had Xfinity Mobile for a few years now and no issues whatsoever. Maybe time for a new phone?
Old 03-25-2023, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

After 15 years I left Comcast/Xfinity for T-Mobile. Best Internet decision I ever made. Plus smaller convenient offices (near the “north end”), walk in, no waiting, friendly competent reps.
Old 03-25-2023, 08:13 AM
Veteran member

Bang your phone up against a brick wall at least a dozen times then go with a different service.
Old 03-25-2023, 08:37 AM

I don't have Xfynity Mobile but my cell phone provider uses the Verizon network. Service is very spotty throughout the villages including at our house. I assume that it is hit and miss with most carriers. We do utilize wifi calling at home and it is a big help. If your phone has that option it could be a game changer. As for service, we have Xfinity wifi at home and the local Xfynity/Comcast store has been very helpful. Offered to swap out a modem in seconds without question, for example.
Closed Thread

Tags
xfinity, text, problems, service, mobile

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.