Xfinity Modem/Router Issue

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2021, 01:52 PM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default Netgwar

Buy a Netgear C7000 V2 router around $149. Then you have to pay rental fee and should have better wi fi
Old 10-26-2021, 06:23 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. My internet went out this morning, worked on it for 3 hours including 45 minutes with xfinity trying to resolve the issue. They finally gave up, earliest appointment was Saturday, wow being without internet for 4 days is a bummer. Went golfing this afternoon, got home and rummaged through my box of electronics. I found a surfboard modem and netgear 5g router, set it up and voila!, internet works, my lanai TV is not buffering, life is good again.
Everyone had great suggestions and I will return the Xfinity modem/router, I stupidly thought I would have less problems if I used their equipment actually the first time I did use an internet provider product. Regardless, the service to try to resolve the issue by Xfinity was fine, I was fortunate not to throw away my older modem and router and I CAN WATCH THE PACKERS THURSDAY NIGHT.
Again, thanks for the advise.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:28 PM

The insulation often has an Aluminum moisture barrier or sometimes wire mesh that effectively blocks your WiFi signal. An Xfinity booster won’t help. MMD Computer in Leesburg/lady Lake helped us. I don’t know the technology enough to explain the difference between their solution and the Xfinity booster. We haven’t had a problem since they installed the repeater (?).
Old 10-27-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidlady22 View Post
Which Netgear unit did you purchase. I would like to switch to Xfinity and buy my own modem with built-in WiFi. Thanks
I found an article online that listed the top replacement modem/routers and separate modems & routers. I wanted a combined modem/router unit as it's simpler, fewer boxes, etc. and went with their next to the top pick, a Netgear AC1750. Street price on these is around $150 but I found an 'open box' unit for a fraction of that on Ebay and couldn't be happier. It doesn't support GB speed but supports my 600MB just fine. Their top pick was another Netgear unit that goes for $350 which was more than I wanted to spend especially if I didn't have to.
Closed Thread

Tags
wifi, modem/router, xfinity, feet, lanai

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.