Yankee Trails do you really want to use Them

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2022, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingtaylor View Post
Janet of YT did get her job back, as she drove the 3 of us to Tampa on Memorial Day. Very pleasant capable lady and today June 4th, she picked us up right at the curb after our trip. We didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes.
I recommend Janet and Yankee Trails.

Ingrid Taylor
Where ya' been for 12 years ?
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 06-04-2022, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Do we know what happened to the son who was apparently left stranded in Miami? Do we know the age of the son? Was he an adult, teenager, or child?
He’s still there, waiting at the pier, surviving off of scraps of food given to him by disembarking passengers.
Old 06-05-2022, 06:22 AM

Thanks OP. That's why we'd rent a car (or park ours down there) and drive ourselves. The exposed guy should have done that - made 100% certain he didn't expose anyone else. No respectable company should operate the way that you described.
Plenty of people out there in denial or who just don't care about the health of others. Poor judgement on the part of the son and the transport co.
Old 06-05-2022, 06:22 AM

Thanks OP. That's why we'd rent a car (or park ours down there) and drive ourselves. The exposed guy should have done that - made 100% certain he didn't expose anyone else. No respectable company should operate the way that you described.
Plenty of people out there in denial or who just don't care about the health of others. Poor judgement on the part of the son and the transport co.
Old 06-23-2022, 02:42 PM

Just to bring anyone who is interested up to date, today I received a letter from Yankee Trails apologizing for the "less than enjoyable return trip from Fort Lauderdale".

I was informed that Janet is still employed, by them, and they enclosed a credit card for $50 for future use.

To date I have never had a reply from their head office.
Old 06-23-2022, 02:50 PM

Just to bring everyone up to date, today I received a letter from Yankee Trails, apologizing for "the less than enjoyable return trip from Fort Lauderdale", enclosing a Yankee Trails gift certificate for the sum of $50. It was also stated that Janet is still employed by Yankee Trails.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:41 PM

We've been using Yankee Trails to book our cruises since they came to The Villages. Julie, as our travel agent has been wonderful. Had the 'free bus's' had issues, yes. Have we had problems driving our own car and parking in south Florida, yes?

Unless you want to pay a private limo from your house to port you will have issues.

We will continue to use Yankee Trails.

PS: IMO the drivers take a lot of heat and are not tipped properly by a lot of riders.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachpit View Post
We've been using Yankee Trails to book our cruises since they came to The Villages. Julie, as our travel agent has been wonderful. Had the 'free bus's' had issues, yes. Have we had problems driving our own car and parking in south Florida, yes?

Unless you want to pay a private limo from your house to port you will have issues.

We will continue to use Yankee Trails.

PS: IMO the drivers take a lot of heat and are not tipped properly by a lot of riders.
What is tipping a driver properly?
Closed Thread

Tags
yankee, janet, trails, bus, luggage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.