Yankee Trails do you really want to use Them

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2022, 01:46 PM
Default Yankee Trails do you really want to use Them

About 6 of us were waiting to be picked up at Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port yesterday morning. Our bus, not the coach that they show on the advertisement, arrived over an hour late, during this time we had no information relayed to us from Yankee Trails as to why our transport had been delayed. First of all, the bus was far too small for all the passengers and luggage the last row of seats had to be used for the luggage that wouldn't fit in the allocated luggage space, the seats were very uncomfortable with very little space between the rows, the air condition only worked on a low setting, so we travelled for over 4 hours with insufficient air conditioning.

As we later found out the reason for the late arrival was because one of the ships had not been cleared to dock and our driver, Janet, was told to stay in Miami and wait. The reason the ship was not cleared was because they COVID onboard. One of the two passengers Janet was told to pick up was the son on one of the Covid Victims who quite obviously been in close contact with his father. Because of the delay Janet said she would not wait and proceeded to Fort Lauderdale, whilst there she was in phone contact with Yankee Trails office, they instructed her to return to Miami to pick up the son. Janet refused to do this to safeguard her passengers, YANKEE TRAILS FIRED HER OVER THE PHONE. Although she had been dismissed from her employment Janet proceeded to drive all her passenger back to the villages. One of the ladies on the bus wrote a note on the back of an envelope imploring Yankee Trails to re-instate Janet - it was signed by everyone on the bus.

It is obvious that Yankee Trail does not care about the well-being of the drivers or of fare paying customers that use them.

Last edited by Flyinglady; 05-29-2022 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinglady View Post
About 6 of us were waiting to be picked up at Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port yesterday morning. Our bus, not the coach that they show on the advertisement, arrived over an hour late, during this time we had no information relayed to us from Yankee Trails as to why our transport had been delayed. First of all, the bus was far too small for all the passengers and luggage the last row of seats had to be used for the luggage that wouldn't fit in the allocated luggage space, the seats were very uncomfortable with very little space between the rows, the air condition only worked on a low setting, so we travelled for over 4 hours with insufficient air conditioning.

As we later found out the reason for the late arrival was because one of the ships had not been cleared to dock and our driver, Janet, was told to stay in Miami and wait. The reason the ship was not cleared was because they COVID onboard. One of the two passengers Janet was told to pick up was the son on one of the Covid Victims who quite obviously been in close contact with his father. Because of the delay Janet said she would not wait and proceeded to Fort Lauderdale, whilst there she was in phone contact with Yankee Trails office, they instructed her to return to Miami to pick up the son. Janet refused to do this to safeguard her passengers, YANKEE TRAILS FIRED HER OVER THE PHONE. Although she had been dismissed from her employment Janet proceeded to drive all her passenger back to the villages. One of the ladies on the bus wrote a note on the back of an envelope imploring Yankee Trails to re-instate Janet - it was signed by everyone on the bus.

It is obvious that Yankee Trail does care are about the well-being of the drivers or of fare paying customer that use them.
You might want to take a look at the last sentence in your post.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:26 PM

Thank you for your criticism. Is that really the only thing of interest you found to comment on in this post?

Last edited by Flyinglady; 05-29-2022 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you for your criticism. Is that really the only thing of interest you found to comment on in this post?
Your last sentence I thought was the opposite of what I was thinking you were trying to say.

Thought I was doing you a favor, next time will not help you. Or you could just say thank you.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
You might want to take a look at the last sentence in your post.
I think your one liner was kind of unnecessary. It is obvious to me, and probably a lot of others, that she was hot under the collar when she wrote this and maybe you should have cut her some slack.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-29-2022, 04:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

We all make mistakes. The preview button is there for a reason.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I think your one liner was kind of unnecessary. It is obvious to me, and probably a lot of others, that she was hot under the collar when she wrote this and maybe you should have cut her some slack.
I thought I was being nice, her last sentence was the opposite of what she was trying to say.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I would have done exactly the same as Stu and politely pointed out that the post said the exact opposite of what was intended.

And if someone had done that to me I should have been very grateful.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:17 AM

I think the woman just wanted to vent and expressed a rhetorical question- she didn’t want someone to solve this or fix this or answer-she just wanted to vent.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:53 AM

Y’all are a bunch of children on here!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 05-30-2022, 06:03 AM

That was a really good excuse for being late.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:33 AM

I thought the original poster accidentally did not type (or accidentally deleted) the word "not"....it is obvious YT does "not" care.....

I did not think it was necessary to begin discussing the omission of one word.

I taught school and might have quickly corrected a student who omitted a word, but as a young woman in her early 20s, new to that career, I learned that "corrections" just are somehow not appreciated in social situations (Yes...I see the irony here, but I will let this stand. Thanks.)
Old 05-30-2022, 06:36 AM

We all know what she meant to say, and she had a legitimate complaint. Back off !
Old 05-30-2022, 06:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

It is obvious that Yankee Trail does not care about the well-being of the drivers or of fare paying customers that use them.
Thanks for the heads up. The trip home must have been horrible. Hope Janet got her job back, if she wants it. Must be other companies that would be glad to have her.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Your last sentence I thought was the opposite of what I was thinking you were trying to say.

Thought I was doing you a favor, next time will not help you. Or you could just say thank you.
You need to find another activity other then attempting to correct grammatical errors in an on line post.
Closed Thread

Tags
yankee, janet, trails, bus, luggage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.