Yankee Trails do you really want to use Them

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2022, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Your last sentence I thought was the opposite of what I was thinking you were trying to say.

Thought I was doing you a favor, next time will not help you. Or you could just say thank you.
The content of the post made it obvious that the last sentence was a typo. If you can PM the OP, that would've been more appropriate.
Old 05-30-2022, 07:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Delays

Anyone who used Yankee Trails on a regular basis know that you are going to wait quite
awhile at the Port when you doc for them to show up. You will always get a pick up time that essentially means nothing as they schedule pick ups at a number of arriving ships and you must wait until they are all gathered up. Their driver attitudes are usually OK and most likely they are also stressed from the numerous delays they are scheduled for and the unhappy passengers who have been waiting. To blame any person (e.g. the fired driver) for their terrible scheduled practice is totally unfair. I also hope she is successful in finding other employment and puts this behind her as an unfortunate experience from a Co that does not appreciate good employees. It is their policy to make passengers wait not hers.
Old 05-30-2022, 07:42 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

That's a horrifying story, that a company would hold up a bus so they could put someone exposed to Covid on the bus. The driver could and literally saved a life and gets fired for it? They are based in Lady Lake and upstate NY. Stephen Tobin is the CEO, I would relay that story to him....... someone should be fired, but not the driver.
Old 05-30-2022, 09:46 AM
Veteran member
Default Back on track

Thank you for bringing this post back on track.
Old 05-30-2022, 09:50 AM

Fare paying customers? Virtually all YT passengers ride free for booking with Y T.
Old 05-30-2022, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Janet left two paying customers standing on the dock in Miami? Can't say as I blame the company for dismissing the driver who did that. Also can't feel good about the company that sent a vehicle too small for the eight passengers they were scheduled to pick up.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-30-2022, 10:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Janet left two paying customers standing on the dock in Miami? Can't say as I blame the company for dismissing the driver who did that. Also can't feel good about the company that sent a vehicle too small for the eight passengers they were scheduled to pick up.
So you would sit in a crowded van with a covid infected person and roll the dice with a virus that has killed a lot of people ?
Old 05-30-2022, 10:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
So you would sit in a crowded van with a covid infected person and roll the dice with a virus that has killed a lot of people ?
Where was it said the person was Covid infected? There was a rumor that the person was the son of someone who had Covid and it was apparently assumed that they slept in the same bed and spent all their time attached at the hip. Take away the rumor, assumption, and hysteria and all that is left is two people standing on the dock.

There would have been eight people on that van but only one of them had been cleared of having Covid. My chances are better with the one that has been cleared than with the seven that have not.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-30-2022, 11:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Where was it said the person was Covid infected? There was a rumor that the person was the son of someone who had Covid and it was apparently assumed that they slept in the same bed and spent all their time attached at the hip. Take away the rumor, assumption, and hysteria and all that is left is two people standing on the dock.

There would have been eight people on that van but only one of them had been cleared of having Covid. My chances are better with the one that has been cleared than with the seven that have not.
Considering you're supposed to wait a minimum of 5 days to get tested after an exposure I still side with the driver. Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Considering you're supposed to wait a minimum of 5 days to get tested after an exposure I still side with the driver. Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
I heard it on Start Trek so it must be true? Were there several thousand passengers left standing on the dock or only the two who were unfortunate to be associated with this driver?

Why is it that you're supposed to wait a minimum of five days? Could that be a factor? Is the driver qualified to make the determination?

In the end, I trust the protocols used on the ship that released the passenger. But, wasn't my cruise or my family so not my problem.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-30-2022, 12:18 PM
Default Yankee Trails

They are the worst many people I know have problems with them. We were told to be out by 8AM for the bus and it showed up at 9:30. This is just 1 of many problems with them.
I called their main office 3 times never received a call back.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
We all make mistakes. The preview button is there for a reason.
So are private messages.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinglady View Post
About 6 of us were waiting to be picked up at Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port yesterday morning. Our bus, not the coach that they show on the advertisement, arrived over an hour late, during this time we had no information relayed to us from Yankee Trails as to why our transport had been delayed. First of all, the bus was far too small for all the passengers and luggage the last row of seats had to be used for the luggage that wouldn't fit in the allocated luggage space, the seats were very uncomfortable with very little space between the rows, the air condition only worked on a low setting, so we travelled for over 4 hours with insufficient air conditioning.

As we later found out the reason for the late arrival was because one of the ships had not been cleared to dock and our driver, Janet, was told to stay in Miami and wait. The reason the ship was not cleared was because they COVID onboard. One of the two passengers Janet was told to pick up was the son on one of the Covid Victims who quite obviously been in close contact with his father. Because of the delay Janet said she would not wait and proceeded to Fort Lauderdale, whilst there she was in phone contact with Yankee Trails office, they instructed her to return to Miami to pick up the son. Janet refused to do this to safeguard her passengers, YANKEE TRAILS FIRED HER OVER THE PHONE. Although she had been dismissed from her employment Janet proceeded to drive all her passenger back to the villages. One of the ladies on the bus wrote a note on the back of an envelope imploring Yankee Trails to re-instate Janet - it was signed by everyone on the bus.

It is obvious that Yankee Trail does not care about the well-being of the drivers or of fare paying customers that use them.
Thanx for the heads-up. We usually use private drivers for airport, medical, etc. trips but as the costs of those have skyrocketed of late we've been thinking of going the group route. Good information to have.

Businesses read these threads. Odds are Yankee Trails will be doing so if they haven't already. I'd also consider the advice of a previous poster regarding contacting the CEO of the company with your concerns. The fact that you are a Villager, surrounded with well over a hundred thousand other people who represent a huge potential as well as actual customer base, is bound to have an impact.
Old 05-30-2022, 01:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
You need to find another activity other then attempting to correct grammatical errors in an on line post.
Communication skills, rather the lack thereof, start wars.
Old 05-30-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Anyone who used Yankee Trails on a regular basis know that you are going to wait quite
awhile at the Port when you doc for them to show up. You will always get a pick up time that essentially means nothing as they schedule pick ups at a number of arriving ships and you must wait until they are all gathered up. Their driver attitudes are usually OK and most likely they are also stressed from the numerous delays they are scheduled for and the unhappy passengers who have been waiting. To blame any person (e.g. the fired driver) for their terrible scheduled practice is totally unfair. I also hope she is successful in finding other employment and puts this behind her as an unfortunate experience from a Co that does not appreciate good employees. It is their policy to make passengers wait not hers.
Our complaint was not so much that we had been kept waiting, although an update would have been appreciated, more with the fact that Yankee Trails insisted that Janet should return to Miami to pick up someone who had been in close contact with someone who had tested positive with Covid Yankee Trails obviously has little or no regard for the health and wellbeing of the passengers onboard. Janet refused to do this and got herself fired.
Closed Thread

Tags
yankee, janet, trails, bus, luggage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.