Yankee Trails do you really want to use Them

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2022, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
Thanks for the heads up. The trip home must have been horrible. Hope Janet got her job back, if she wants it. Must be other companies that would be glad to have her.
Typically we only get one side of every story. As far as getting her job back, we've all been in that position. Sort of between a rock and a hard place. If, she stays she will question her devotion to the company. If, she leaves, future employment can be sabotaged. Carefully chosen words can say to a potential employer, do not hire her.
The real world. The person who fired her. Rare is the person who can and will say, I REALIZE I WAS WRONG-I'M SORRY.

One of those shuttle busses. Imagine a bus full of people. You need to drive the bus, you are responsible for the safety of like 40-50 people. Some are seniors with medical issues, some are kids that whomever is with them thinks it is fine for them to bother other people, like kids, I did not need to go at the bathroom break ten minutes ago, then there is, it's too hot, It's too cold etc, of course it is a service dog, I bought the vest on Amazon.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Fare paying customers? Virtually all YT passengers ride free for booking with Y T.
There is no such thing as a free lunch, everyone paid one way or another.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
So you would sit in a crowded van with a covid infected person and roll the dice with a virus that has killed a lot of people ?
First of all only the son was waiting to be picked up, one has to assume his father was put in to quarantine somewhere. Secondly there were approximately 20 people on the bus, the six of us were the last to be picked up.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Janet left two paying customers standing on the dock in Miami? Can't say as I blame the company for dismissing the driver who did that. Also can't feel good about the company that sent a vehicle too small for the eight passengers they were scheduled to pick up.
Janet did not leave two people at the port, Yankee Trails told her to return to Miami and pick up the son of the man who tested positive for Covid and was part of the reason why the ship could not dock in the first place.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Where was it said the person was Covid infected? There was a rumor that the person was the son of someone who had Covid and it was apparently assumed that they slept in the same bed and spent all their time attached at the hip. Take away the rumor, assumption, and hysteria and all that is left is two people standing on the dock.

There would have been eight people on that van but only one of them had been cleared of having Covid. My chances are better with the one that has been cleared than with the seven that have not.
Only one person was at the dockside, the other was presumably in quarantine. For your information there were approximately 20 people on the bus.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinglady View Post
Janet did not leave two people at the port, Yankee Trails told her to return to Miami and pick up the son of the man who tested positive for Covid and was part of the reason why the ship could not dock in the first place.
... and according to the story she refused to do that which resulted in her being fired and two people standing at the port waiting.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-31-2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
... and according to the story she refused to do that which resulted in her being fired and two people standing at the port waiting.
I give up with you. You would argue with a barn door. At no time was it said that Janet had to pick up two people from Miami

Last edited by Flyinglady; 05-31-2022 at 02:06 PM. Reason: /
Old 05-31-2022, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I am sure Janet will have no problem finding another job. Drivers are desperately needed in TV and if she was capable of driving a large bus full of old people, she could drive just about anything. Yankee Trails will be the loser here, the round trip to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami is a horror show. You take one bus load down one day, stay overnight and pick up the next lot the next morning. Have you ever seen a bus load of old people who have been waiting to be picked up at Ft. Lauderdale, they are miserable complaining people. Another thought, have you traveled with these old people and seen how cheap they are? Not too many of them give the driver a gratuity.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-31-2022, 02:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
One of the two passengers Janet was told to pick up
Quote:
I give up with you. You would argue with a barn door. At no time was it said that Janet had to pick up two people from Miami
Doesn't matter if it was one, two, or twenty - Janet refused to do her job and one or more customers were left stranded.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-31-2022, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Doesn't matter if it was one, two, or twenty - Janet refused to do her job and one or more customers were left stranded.
In my opinion Janet's action was correct. The person left was traveling with someone that was diagnosed with COVID. Leaving one person behind vs exposing a bus full of seniors was the right decision.
Old 05-31-2022, 02:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
First of all only the son was waiting to be picked up, one has to assume his father was put in to quarantine somewhere. Secondly there were approximately 20 people on the bus, the six of us were the last to be picked up.
First of all my comment was directed at a post that I quoted, not your post. Second of all your post made it seem like she was told to go back and pick up 2 people in Miami.
"One of the two passengers Janet was told to pick up was the son on one of the Covid Victims who quite obviously been in close contact with his father."
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	post.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	93997  
Old 05-31-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
That's a horrifying story, that a company would hold up a bus so they could put someone exposed to Covid on the bus. The driver could and literally saved a life and gets fired for it? They are based in Lady Lake and upstate NY. Stephen Tobin is the CEO, I would relay that story to him....... someone should be fired, but not the driver.
Thank you for that information. I have emailed him and received an automated reply saying he is out of the office until June 3rd. I will update when and if I hear from Mr. Tobin.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
In my opinion Janet's action was correct. The person left was traveling with someone that was diagnosed with COVID. Leaving one person behind vs exposing a bus full of seniors was the right decision.
Deciding that this person was contagious was a decision beyond her pay grade. The testing and protocols on the ship (and possibly the CDC protocols) determined that he was not a risk at that time.

Of all the people on that bus, the one person left behind went through the most thorough testing to prove they were not contagious. No one else on the bus would have been scrutinized as much as this individual yet you consider all of them to be okay and this one individual to be unclean. It's good to leave these decisions to professionals.

But again, not my people, not my problem.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 05-31-2022 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,323 Times in 597 Posts

Do we know what happened to the son who was apparently left stranded in Miami? Do we know the age of the son? Was he an adult, teenager, or child?
Old 06-04-2022, 04:24 PM
Default YT and Janet.

Janet of YT did get her job back, as she drove the 3 of us to Tampa on Memorial Day. Very pleasant capable lady and today June 4th, she picked us up right at the curb after our trip. We didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes.
I recommend Janet and Yankee Trails.

Ingrid Taylor
Closed Thread

Tags
yankee, janet, trails, bus, luggage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.