Old 03-15-2024, 04:04 PM
Veteran member

Such first world problems we have to deal with here in The Villages
Old 03-15-2024, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post

Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip (Yap Yap Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yip) Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.
My kind of conversation, I like dogs more than many of the people I come across.
Old 03-15-2024, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Was behind another cart on Morse Blvd. Thursday near St. James. Someone was riding with their dog-child. This is what we were treated to on the journey:

Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

Noise pollution. What possible enjoyment can anyone get from owning a dog that never shuts up? No I'm not a dog hater. What I hate is this:

Yip Yip Yap Yap Yap Yip and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.
So our oldest and spouse both intelligent Doctors are DINKs. Rescuing a lab mix that was going to be euthanized its front legs 6” shorter than its back legs, could barely stand. Puppy to U of M to have legs resected with bone graphs to make them 4”longer. The procedure went well the tune of over $10,000. After eight months the puppy just had its cast removed and and is doing well.

However, whenever it sees another human we bark if it sees another dog we bark. Best, guess scared of humans and other dogs. In process of socializing and bringing back to the real world.

If you don’t have to live with them, I classify that as a bonus. Because the lack of toleration may be too much. First day was horrendous then by day 3 calm happened because none of us were here to do harm. But those first two days were nerve racking
Old 03-15-2024, 05:40 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

Topics like this make me so glad that I have a busy life to live. And an internet forum to come to where I can be entertained at what triggers people who don't have a life. Ketchup, hotdogs, drone pilots being called pilots, dog poop, and left handed ice cream scoops.
You can't make this stuff up!
Old 03-15-2024, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
So our oldest and spouse both intelligent Doctors are DINKs. Rescuing a lab mix that was going to be euthanized its front legs 6” shorter than its back legs, could barely stand. Puppy to U of M to have legs resected with bone graphs to make them 4”longer. The procedure went well the tune of over $10,000. After eight months the puppy just had its cast removed and and is doing well.

However, whenever it sees another human we bark if it sees another dog we bark. Best, guess scared of humans and other dogs. In process of socializing and bringing back to the real world.

If you don’t have to live with them, I classify that as a bonus. Because the lack of toleration may be too much. First day was horrendous then by day 3 calm happened because none of us were here to do harm. But those first two days were nerve racking
Bless their hearts. I'm sure that dog will be your best friend for many loving years.
Old 03-15-2024, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
My post was intended a humor. Not a peer reviewed submission to Psychology Today.
Yeah, like Psychology Today peer reviews it’s articles 😂😂😂
Old 03-15-2024, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Rule #1: Never criticize or make fun of a dog owner's "fur baby". You will drawn and quartered, tongue cut out, burned at the stake and buried in a grave filled with dog poop.
Exactly!!
Actually I thought the OP was funny. Made me laugh. Just glad that dog doesn't live near us. lol
Old 03-15-2024, 05:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Topics like this make me so glad that I have a busy life to live. And an internet forum to come to where I can be entertained at what triggers people who don't have a life. Ketchup, hotdogs, drone pilots being called pilots, dog poop, and left handed ice cream scoops.
Somebody needs a hug! Just kidding
Old 03-15-2024, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Someone recently slipped us a list of things that you find irritating- along with this bit of information that we didn't find surprising,

"He thinks that the pet peeves of others are silly and unjustified- but finds anything that he is irritated by completely logical and above reproach".
Old 03-16-2024, 12:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Some kind of pet peeve.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Driver possibly blind and uses a guide dog that is telling him/her where to go?
So, how does the driver distinguish the yap and yip instructions? Oh, I get it yap = turn right, yip = turn left
Old 03-16-2024, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Maybe I can help. I speak "dog". Translation: I was fine at home. Take me home! I said home! Turn around, dammit! This freaking cart is noisy, stinky and rides like crap. You drive like the Tasmanian devil. You scare the pee out of me. Dear God-dog, PLEASEmake him/her take me home where my food is, and the world isn't filled with noisy, stinky, scary carts and cars! Holy lawn droppings! PLEASE, NOT THE SQUAREEEEEEE. I swear, I will jump out of this demon cart and try to face plant on the curb! Somebody, please, kill me! My owner hates me! Where is a hungry gator when you need one! TAKE ME HOME!
Translation complete. Some graphic cursing was edited out.
You are welcome.
Oh my God, truly one of the funniest posts I've ever read on this forum. Thank you for making my day.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Was behind another cart on Morse Blvd. Thursday near St. James. Someone was riding with their dog-child. This is what we were treated to on the journey:

Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip (Yap Yap Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yip) Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

Noise pollution. What possible enjoyment can anyone get from owning a dog that never shuts up? No I'm not a dog hater. What I hate is this:

Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap (Yip Yip Yip Yip Yip Yip Yip) (Yap Yap Yap Yap Yap Yap) Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip Yip Yip Yap Yap Yip Yap Yap Yip and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.
He’s trying to tell you the golf course conditions suck!
Old 03-16-2024, 05:22 AM

For all of a few minutes. An outrage! How did you survive?
My suggestion - alphabetize this with your other many grievances and forward these in writing, not email, your congressman
Old 03-16-2024, 05:37 AM
Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Fortunately it wasn't your neighbor. You'd have been a captive audience in that case. However, in this case you could have pulled off the road for a minute of your time and let Mr. Yappy get far enough ahead of you to relieve you of the inconvenience.
lighten up, we're retired

Tags
yip, yap, dog, hater, enjoyment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.