You and the Dog You Rode In On

Old 02-02-2024, 07:11 AM
Default You and the Dog You Rode In On

Yes Another dog post- move onto more stimulating reposts: Leave your horrible dog home! At Brownwood last night there was a Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog in attendance for the entertainment.

Then, two other Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dogs showed to visit with the first Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog.

Finally after about 20 people kept turning around and glaring at the owners they finally dragged it out of there. I assume they left not because of the glaring, but because they had enough music for one night.

To YOU- and only to YOU your horribly spoiled, misbehaving dog is a family member. To humans gathering with a large group of other humans your dog is an unwelcome irritation. Leave it home. We don't want your Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog ruining the night we are having gathering with other humans.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:22 AM

Yup, I agree. Most of the dogs are just fine (love to say hello and pet if I can).
Old 02-02-2024, 07:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

I am a dog owner, love dogs - but most dogs don’t belong at the squares. Not because of behavior, but because the dog is stressed from all the stimulus.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,915 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
Yes Another dog post- move onto more stimulating reposts: Leave your horrible dog home! At Brownwood last night there was a Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog in attendance for the entertainment.

Then, two other Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dogs showed to visit with the first Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog.

Finally after about 20 people kept turning around and glaring at the owners they finally dragged it out of there. I assume they left not because of the glaring, but because they had enough music for one night.

To YOU- and only to YOU your horribly spoiled, misbehaving dog is a family member. To humans gathering with a large group of other humans your dog is an unwelcome irritation. Leave it home. We don't want your Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog ruining the night we are having gathering with other humans.

agree IF the anthropomorphic creatures can't behave ! Letterman stupid human . . .
Old 02-02-2024, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:

Maybe their dog WAS the entertainment
Old 02-02-2024, 07:40 AM

I don’t like Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive humans either. Most of the time I prefer dogs.😄
Old 02-02-2024, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Looking at it from Rover's perspective (assuming he has one), you have to wonder if the dogs really enjoy things as described in the OP, or if they just sit silently (best case) and suffer through it. Those that can't or won't do that can cause a LOT of disruption. We saw a dog on a leash the Brownwood Farmer's Market a couple of weeks ago that seemed VERY nervous around the other dogs that were there. I remember thinking at the time that it would have been far kinder to just leave the dog at home for the duration of the market visit.

You see the same thing from time to time at stores. Publix has thankfully banned the practice but it isn't uncommon to see dogs in shopping carts, and a fair number of those, according to their body language, are fearful. You never know what a dog like that is going to do if the "fight or flight" reflex kicks in. A five-pound hairball isn't going to do much damage no matter what, but I've seen a couple of pretty good sized dogs in stores either on leashes or in the cart.

Think of the dog. I doubt very many of them are enjoying themselves in such situations, so be kind and leave Rover at home.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:46 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Love Dogs.

But the OP put a morning smile on my face.

Old 02-02-2024, 08:51 AM
Gold member

The squares are open to all. There is no way to know if the dogs were Villagers, they could have just been passing through & wanted to check it out. There is even less reason to suspect they participate in this forum.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
The squares are open to all. There is no way to know if the dogs were Villagers, they could have just been passing through & wanted to check it out. There is even less reason to suspect they participate in this forum.
True. But they WERE dogs.
Old 02-02-2024, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Dogs don't belong at the squares, restaurants or stores regardless of where the owner lives! Stop assuming everyone loves your dog. Most people don't. And yes I'm a dog owner.
Old 02-02-2024, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
It is an amusing thread.

My pooch does not like the Squares on their quietest days. Too much going on for his heightened senses.
Old 02-02-2024, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:

So, I’m guessing it’s safe to assume you won’t be attending the Mardi Paw festivities later this month at Lake Sumter Landing?
Old 02-02-2024, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I absolutely love dogs.
But I don't bring mine to the square, or the grocery store, or anywhere besides a dog park or the vet or for a walk.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:

Would guess that loud, sniveling, misbehaving, and disruptive are traits of the owner also.

Tags
dog, misbehaving, loud, yipping, yapping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.