You and the Dog You Rode In On

Old 02-02-2024, 11:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

In my old age dogs and kids are great, but please take them with you as you go out the door
Old 02-02-2024, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
So, I’m guessing it’s safe to assume you won’t be attending the Mardi Paw festivities later this month at Lake Sumter Landing?
I'm guessing the OP is neither a dog owner nor dog lover
Old 02-02-2024, 12:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
Yes Another dog post- move onto more stimulating reposts: Leave your horrible dog home! At Brownwood last night there was a Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog in attendance for the entertainment.

Then, two other Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dogs showed to visit with the first Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog.

Finally after about 20 people kept turning around and glaring at the owners they finally dragged it out of there. I assume they left not because of the glaring, but because they had enough music for one night.

To YOU- and only to YOU your horribly spoiled, misbehaving dog is a family member. To humans gathering with a large group of other humans your dog is an unwelcome irritation. Leave it home. We don't want your Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog ruining the night we are having gathering with other humans.

Whether it's a dog or a child or an adult, disruptive behavior is just that.

Why didn't you say something to the person? I would, whether it was a dog, a child or the clown with the baton.

If whatever can't or is unwilling or unable to behave appropriately, don't just accept it, say something.
Old 02-02-2024, 12:33 PM

Do I love dogs? Yes. Do I love poorly behaved dogs? No
Do I love children? Yes. Do I love spoiled children who act out? No
Do I love people? Yes. Do I love loud, obnoxious people? No

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Old 02-02-2024, 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=BrianL99;2297569]
Why didn't you say something to the person? /QUOTE]

If I offer you $100 will you be willing to allow me to call you to come and "Say something" to the next owner of a disruptive dog in the Square?

I'm predicting the resulting reaction from the husband/wife dog owners will be well worth the money to me, and to the 200 or so surround people who will witness the resulting verbal and physical attack on you and anyone standing with you.
Old 02-02-2024, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

[QUOTE=bsloan1960;2297583]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post

If I offer you $100 will you be willing to allow me to call you to come and "Say something" to the next owner of a disruptive dog in the Square?

I'm predicting the resulting reaction from the husband/wife dog owners will be well worth the money to me, and to the 200 or so surround people who will witness the resulting verbal and physical attack on you and anyone standing with you.
in reality, do NOT go around confronting people. For one, you'll be confronting people many times per day and it'll wear you down. For two, half of those people will be crazy and carrying, and you'll get shot. It's not worth it.

If a problem at the square, tell one of the "square police", if somewhere else, tell someone who has authority and responsibility.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:03 PM

///

Last edited by RPDaly; 02-04-2024 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Looking at it from Rover's perspective (assuming he has one), you have to wonder if the dogs really enjoy things as described in the OP, or if they just sit silently (best case) and suffer through it. Those that can't or won't do that can cause a LOT of disruption.

Think of the dog. I doubt very many of them are enjoying themselves in such situations, so be kind and leave Rover at home.
This is likely the most important point here. ^^^
Dogs don't vocalize or otherwise carry-on for no reason. They are simple creatures so, there is always a reason they are doing so.

As a dog owner for decades, I will venture what is an obvious guess and it is that the pitches and decibel level of the music is too much for some of them. Their ears/ hearing are different from ours and it may be absolutely painful for some dogs so, they are expressing their distress and are, essentially, asking for help. Why else would they vocalize and agitate? That's why.
Old 02-02-2024, 02:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDaly View Post
Why don't you be a man about it next time and say it to the person's face next time you are at the Square. No? I didn't think so.
It's way easier to complain on the Internet.

[QUOTE=bsloan1960;2297583]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post

Give me a number. I'll text you the next time I say something to someone who's got a dog or whatever, that's disruptive or causing problems.
Old 02-02-2024, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDog View Post
This is likely the most important point here. ^^^
Dogs don't vocalize or otherwise carry-on for no reason. They are simple creatures so, there is always a reason they are doing so.

As a dog owner for decades, I will venture what is an obvious guess and it is that the pitches and decibel level of the music is too much for some of them. Their ears/ hearing are different from ours and it may be absolutely painful for some dogs so, they are expressing their distress and are, essentially, asking for help. Why else would they vocalize and agitate? That's why.
I agree. In fact, I would go so far as to say much music actually hurts the dogs’ ears. Especially if it is loud. I used to think my Welsh terrier enjoyed barking along with us singing “Happy Birthday” as a family. But in fact, I was told he was barking/howling because his ears hurt (maybe we were singing really off key).
Old 02-02-2024, 06:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Yes Another dog post- move onto more stimulating reposts: Leave your horrible dog home! At Brownwood last night there was a Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog in attendance for the entertainment.

Then, two other Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dogs showed to visit with the first Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog.

Finally after about 20 people kept turning around and glaring at the owners they finally dragged it out of there. I assume they left not because of the glaring, but because they had enough music for one night.

To YOU- and only to YOU your horribly spoiled, misbehaving dog is a family member. To humans gathering with a large group of other humans your dog is an unwelcome irritation. Leave it home. We don't want your Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog ruining the night we are having gathering with other humans.
Couldn't have said it better, myself.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-02-2024, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDaly View Post
Why don't you be a man about it next time and say it to the person's face next time you are at the Square. No? I didn't think so.
"Be a man" ? Are you nuts or trying to get someone else to start a fight. You must should de ashamed or evaluated. JMhO.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I agree. In fact, I would go so far as to say much music actually hurts the dogs’ ears. Especially if it is loud. I used to think my Welsh terrier enjoyed barking along with us singing “Happy Birthday” as a family. But in fact, I was told he was barking/howling because his ears hurt (maybe we were singing really off key).
Taking dogs to the Squares during the entertainment constitutes animals abuse, imho. Too much LOUD NOISE too much[IBSTIMULATION[/I], too much CONFUSION that they are forced to try and endure for the love of owner's who put their own wants ahead of the poor dogs needs. I pity the dog who is owned such fools.
Old 02-02-2024, 09:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
50/50 on your first guess.
100% on your second.
Pretty good.
Old 02-02-2024, 09:09 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=JohnN;2297584]
Quote:

in reality, do NOT go around confronting people. For one, you'll be confronting people many times per day and it'll wear you down. For two, half of those people will be crazy and carrying, and you'll get shot. It's not worth it.

If a problem at the square, tell one of the "square police", if somewhere else, tell someone who has authority and responsibility.
Much wisdom show you!

Tags
dog, misbehaving, loud, yipping, yapping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.