You get 8 free at home coronavirus tests a month

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2022, 12:49 PM

Google Dr Tess Laurie who is one of the top MRO Dr’s in the UK. Her and her team did an extensive review of all of the 26 Ivermectin trials. Their findings: if administered early Ivermectin prevents hospitalization and severe illness at an 85% rate. She presented their findings to the Government of the UK and were completely ignored. Remember this was not a crackpot or drug company backed study but one done by a top highly respected Dr and her team. They found that Ivermectin has broad anti viral properties along with anti inflammatory efficacy also . In fact they believe it may have uses against other viral infections going forward.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post

WHY is correct. Unvaxed and for legitimate reasons (not that I need your permission).

Hubby tested ONCED, I have not been. No problems, no issues, no reason.

Even if either of us were to become symptomatic with the variant de jour, we would monitor pulse ox levels at fingertips and if issues required, seek treatment. Otherwise, we would do what we did when we got the Adenovirus at Lackland AFB, the Swine Flu as we dealt with it there as well; the Hong Kong flu in the 70's....not a single healthcare worker had a single vaccine, a single inoculation, hell truth be told, we did not even take the standard precautions of entering an MRSA pts room anymore. I feel blessed with the multiple exposures I have by being a military dependent, member and contract nurse after retirement.
Military bases are known to have on all their TVs, all the time, a certain channel that shall remain unnamed. This tends to seep into the subconscious slowly and unknowingly. Portugal is 90% vaccinated. Not so the US!
Old 01-12-2022, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,992 Times in 4,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyl39 View Post
Google Dr Tess Laurie who is one of the top MRO Dr’s in the UK. Her and her team did an extensive review of all of the 26 Ivermectin trials. Their findings: if administered early Ivermectin prevents hospitalization and severe illness at an 85% rate. She presented their findings to the Government of the UK and were completely ignored. Remember this was not a crackpot or drug company backed study but one done by a top highly respected Dr and her team. They found that Ivermectin has broad anti viral properties along with anti inflammatory efficacy also . In fact they believe it may have uses against other viral infections going forward.
I'm not going to bother to do that, the posts says it all----- a "review" of 26 Ivermectin trials. One would have to go and look at each trial, it's design, it's goal (which is usually suspect), outcomes, the researchers and any bias they may have. And then it is a retrospective review and not a prospective study. I have no idea who Tess Laurie is, but I suspect if she so highly respected and her "research" was so invaluable, it would not have been "ignored", but rather the lead article in the New England Journal of Medicine
Old 01-12-2022, 01:10 PM

Interesting, for someone as educated as you are Doc I am surprised to hear that you are unwilling to review information that might contradict your opinion. I thought that the science and findings on this virus and it’s treatment were evolving on almost a daily basis. Also as a Dr you know who MRO Dr’s are, and how their job is to review findings of studies for accuracy and bias. So to dismiss her so quickly without review flies in the face of your background . As far as the UK ignoring her, well we all know the reason for that it doesn’t fit their agenda.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyl39 View Post
Interesting, for someone as educated as you are Doc I am surprised to hear that you are unwilling to review information that might contradict your opinion. I thought that the science and findings on this virus and it’s treatment were evolving on almost a daily basis. Also as a Dr you know who MRO Dr’s are, and how their job is to review findings of studies for accuracy and bias. So to dismiss her so quickly without review flies in the face of your background . As far as the UK ignoring her, well we all know the reason for that it doesn’t fit their agenda.
So any individual or group/organization/government that disagrees with her findings has "an agenda"?????
Old 01-12-2022, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
100% correct----If it were up to me I wouldn't allow anyone who is asymptomatic get tested, with the exception of travel requirements or plans to host a cocktail party indoors for 500 unmasked immunosuppressed transplant recipients.

While some people are getting tested because they genuinely don't want to take the chance of spreading the virus, most are just curious and will not do anything differently based on the results (just an opinion, it may be wrong)

But consider this---the asymptomatic people who test positive are NOT coughing, NOT spewing out virus, so unless they plan on exhaling forcefully 3 inches from someone's face, they are at minimal risk to spread COVID. Then, if that person is fully vaccinated and boosted, and the other party the same, the risk of transmission is very low, even with omicron. If they are both masked, it is close to zero

So, IMHO, testing just for the sake of testing on asymptomatic persons is a huge waste of time and money. Heck, even California is sending COVID positive healthcare workers back to work.
Ca. IS sending positive hospital workers back to work. But, it is NOT a GOOD situation. It is FAR from ideal - it is a reaction to a real-world crisis caused by a lack of hospital staff due to burnout. Like the 5-day back-to-work general CDC recommendation, hospitals MUST make many accommodations to the current surge that are not ideal.
.......Several eminent Doctors have stated that Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota hospitals will face SEVERE overcrowding soon in this surge. And that trend may flow south through the Midwest. One expert Doctor recently blamed the US's non-National Healthcare System for many of today's problems. That was the 1st that I have heard that spelled out - but, I understand it. Of course, a lot has been said about the inefficiency of the US's insurance-based system. Inefficiencies cost taxpayers money. One problem is that POOR, unvaxxed, and uninsured men and women are forced to go back to work ....untested and with symptoms. They MAY (?) survive this but they may take out an unvaccinated, older person with conditions.
........One glimmer of hope is that in a few weeks Omicron may burn itself out - hopefully! And we may have learned enough to do better IF and WHEN another variant comes along.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
The Villages Florida
Maybe all those people are seeking some (any(?)kind of shelter from an H-BOMB CLOUD headed their way. Just a possibility.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Fake numbers, fake news. Check out the global mortality rate over the last 4 years. It has stayed consistently at .76%. So much for a contrived global "planned demic". What you should be asking is how many of these lives could have been spared by making Hydroxochloroquine and Ivermectin readily available.
hymmmm ????????
Old 01-12-2022, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Well, I was thinking "sheep", but lemmings also fits.

Craziness abounds. I was reading the other day where several states are now allowing COVID-positive workers to remain on their jobs in health care settings if they're showing "no or only mild symptoms". So does someone wanna take a stab at explaining just how firing totally healthy people who refuse to get vaccinated and then allowing people WITH COVID to work around sick and vulnerable people, makes any sense?
Principle over practicality. Now a RAPID SURGE has changed things. That is to say, "yesterday's answers are NOT today's answers".
Old 01-12-2022, 02:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
short answer-----ZERO
Agreed....zero. It was painful to even read that.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,303 Times in 4,313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miekies View Post
Bless your heart you really don't listen to anything but CNN, MSNBC and the 3 networks.

Ever wonder why Africa and other 3rd world countries are not completely over run by mass covid casualties since they cannot afford these extremely expensive vaccines? These 2 drugs have been used for decades and decades because they are cheap and effective antiviral drugs, used on and off label. I'm. Fascinated by the number of people and doctors that are terrified to actually treat covid. If you actually treat it early, rather than sit home and wait to see if you can't breathe the success rate is outstanding. My ENT Dr in Houston has turned her entire practice into treating covid positive patients (vaxed and unvaxed) early and aggressively. She's not loss one patient and less than .03% have entered the the hospital and not one in a ventilator. She openly shares her data, treatment and stats because she believes everyone should be treated and given the best chance.
Breathe MD Houston
Mass covid casualties in Africa?

They've only had about 230K deaths, in total...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-12-2022, 02:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpcshell View Post
It appears many of you have not talked to your still working children. When they report being exposed they can’t go to work without a negative test. If the had covid they can’t go back until they have a negative test. Tests take over a week to even get scheduled & PCR tests another day. All the time they are at home not getting paid or using all their leave time. Same for school children. Easy to sit in our retired status making comments.
Apparently, the rest of the world, NOT just the US is having trouble getting enough tests. I do NOT know the answer to why that is? Maybe someone here does? I vaguely remember something about most test-making factories being in the US?????
Old 01-12-2022, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,303 Times in 4,313 Posts

Quote:
Bless your heart you really don't listen to anything but CNN, MSNBC and the 3 networks.

Ever wonder why Africa and other 3rd world countries are not completely over run by mass covid casualties since they cannot afford these extremely expensive vaccines? These 2 drugs have been used for decades and decades because they are cheap and effective antiviral drugs, used on and off label. I'm. Fascinated by the number of people and doctors that are terrified to actually treat covid. If you actually treat it early, rather than sit home and wait to see if you can't breathe the success rate is outstanding. My ENT Dr in Houston has turned her entire practice into treating covid positive patients (vaxed and unvaxed) early and aggressively. She's not loss one patient and less than .03% have entered the the hospital and not one in a ventilator. She openly shares her data, treatment and stats because she believes everyone should be treated and given the best chance.
Breathe MD Houston
Bless your heart... You have no idea whom you're debating...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-12-2022, 02:34 PM
Sage

Quote:

Breathe MD Houston
One of the reasons that Africa and 3rd world countries have fewer CV problems WITHOUT vaccines - is because they often as children played in the dirt and went barefoot. That exposed them to more virus varieties than the 1st world countries. So they developed more NATURAL immunity.
......There is another reason.....that I have less confidence in. But, some say that the 3rd world people have a protection brought about by HOOKWORMS, which MAY (?) have a symbiotic relationship with diseases and lessen their effect on the human host. I am just presenting that possibility - NOT making a yea or nay opinion on it. It is ABOVE my pay grade. Other TV Landers may know more?
Old 01-12-2022, 02:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
One of the reasons that Africa and 3rd world countries have fewer CV problems WITHOUT vaccines - is because they often as children played in the dirt and went barefoot. That exposed them to more virus varieties than the 1st world countries. So they developed more NATURAL immunity.
......There is another reason.....that I have less confidence in. But, some say that the 3rd world people have a protection brought about by HOOKWORMS, which MAY (?) have a symbiotic relationship with diseases and lessen their effect on the human host. I am just presenting that possibility - NOT making a yea or nay opinion on it. It is ABOVE my pay grade. Other TV Landers may know more?
Well, as to the first part I'm going to say yes and no. I'm not familiar with too many viruses that just hang out in the dirt waiting for a barefoot child to come along---most require some form of human to human contact to "be fruitful and multiply", or have animal reservoirs to hang out. But, I will say this, although I know of no formal study: It is the experience of most doctors that we spend most of our 3rd year of medical school ill with one kind of cold/flu/virus or another after coming into contact with real patients for the first time. Then, we seem to rarely get sick, so there may be something to the "strengthened immune system" theory (anecdotal observation only)

As to the second part, hookworms are ubiquitous---Ancylostoma duodenale in Europe and Necator americanus primarily in the warmer climates of the western hemisphere. So if true, I would expect to see the "hookworm effect" here as well as Europe (although to a lesser degree since our kids are more likely to have shoes). However, in the rural south of 50-150 years ago, hookworm was a significant cause of childhood anemia and even mental retardation
Closed Thread

Tags
month, coronavirus, tests, at-home, member

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.