You have to be kidding

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Default You have to be kidding

Just when you think you have seen it all here in The Villages, you haven't. Yesterday, I was at the Pennecamp postal station and there was a guy with his cart on the sidewalk near the boxes charging his golf cart. He obviously came prepared as he had his charger and it was plugged into the receptacle at the P.O.

HMMMM is that not stealing. Oh no, sorry I forgot it must be part of our amenity fees!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Platinum member

I have no problem with that. Perhaps his batteries are old and need a frequent boost.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Email Reported As Spam

There are also outlets along Canal Street, tucked into the bushes, specifically for charging. We have a gas cart, but if I had electric, I would have a charger onboard at all times.....just in case.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:42 AM

Maybe he lived in that village, his cart died so he walked home to get his charger. Maybe someone should have asked if he needed help.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Sage

That happened to my wife once last year. She took the cart out without realizing the "proton tank" was near empty. The GFI had popped during the night. Anyhow, she did her errands and the cart died on her up by our mail depot. She called me, I came with the charger and extension cord, she went home in the car and I plugged in the cart & charger at the mail depot and sat in the cart to wait for it to charge enough for the drive home.

Just about everyone who came and chatted while it was charging was super nice about my dilemma. However, one grumpy lady asked in a grumpy tone what I was doing. I smiled and told her I do this everyday so I do not to use my own electricity. She sputtered and said she was going to call Community Watch!

I figured I would see a post on TOTV the next day!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
That happened to my wife once last year. She took the cart out without realizing the "proton tank" was near empty. The GFI had popped during the night. Anyhow, she did her errands and the cart died on her up by our mail depot. She called me, I came with the charger and extension cord, she went home in the car and I plugged in the cart & charger at the mail depot and sat in the cart to wait for it to charge enough for the drive home.

Just about everyone who came and chatted while it was charging was super nice about my dilemma. However, one grumpy lady asked in a grumpy tone what I was doing. I smiled and told her I do this everyday so I do not to use my own electricity. She sputtered and said she was going to call Community Watch!

I figured I would see a post on TOTV the next day!
################################

My Kinda Guy! Seems like everyone's so concerned about everyone ELSE'S business that they can't help but want to "Call The Law"...... Had the same experience with a lady who told me that she was going to call Community Watch if I didn't adjust my sprinkler from watering driveway... I guess the older you get the more you gotta B... about something that is NO concern of yours!!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Veteran member

I'm guilty of charging my phone at the airport and never thought about using electricity I hadn't paid for. I will rethink that decision in the future.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Sage

Another item for the " List " of behaviors which must be monitored and reported on each day by the " Super - Sluths " who live among us . They must be very drained by the end of each day . Just a partial list of their " responsibilities " [ self-appointed ] :

1] Monitor Pool Seat-Savers
2] Monitor Pool Shower Usage
3] Monitor Dogs and Owners in Pool / Postal Areas
4] Monitor Pool Users [ check all IDs ]
5] Monitor Pool Music [ type and volume ]
6] Keep an eye out for those who place stickers on their mail-boxes --- tell them to cease and remove said stickers .
7] Keep an eye on who is using Pool Rest-rooms .
8] Monitor Parking at the Squares in the late afternoon .
9] Monitor Chair Saving at the Squares
10 ] Monitor and admonish dogs and owners who frequent the Squares
11] Monitor and Report [ complain ] about the " Tone " and content of the daily newspaper which costs all of $1 per week .
12] Monitor the visitors at the squares who come to enjoy the night`s entertainment
13] Attempt to Monitor the Activities of the Developer to make certain that he / they do not earn a reasonable profit .
14] Report widely and in vivid detail each and every felt transgression or inconvenience experienced at any dining establishment .
15] Closely monitor the sales tax calculation for each and every purchase of any amount .
WOW ! And this is just a partial list . No wonder these self-appointed behavior sentinels are so tired by the end of the day !!
Old 04-29-2014, 01:08 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkendrigan View Post
Just when you think you have seen it all here in The Villages, you haven't. Yesterday, I was at the Pennecamp postal station and there was a guy with his cart on the sidewalk near the boxes charging his golf cart. He obviously came prepared as he had his charger and it was plugged into the receptacle at the P.O.

HMMMM is that not stealing. Oh no, sorry I forgot it must be part of our amenity fees!

HMMM thanks for the save a buck tip.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 04-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas
Default Excellent !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
Another item for the " List " of behaviors which must be monitored and reported on each day by the " Super - Sluths " who live among us . They must be very drained by the end of each day . Just a partial list of their " responsibilities " [ self-appointed ] :

6] Keep an eye out for those who place stickers on their mail-boxes --- tell them to cease and remove said stickers .
11] Monitor and Report [ complain ] about the " Tone " and content of the daily newspaper which costs all of $1 per week .
12] Monitor the visitors at the squares who come to enjoy the night`s entertainment
13] Attempt to Monitor the Activities of the Developer to make certain that he / they do not earn a reasonable profit .
14] Report widely and in vivid detail each and every felt transgression or inconvenience experienced at any dining establishment .
15] Closely monitor the sales tax calculation for each and every purchase of any amount .
WOW ! And this is just a partial list . No wonder these self-appointed behavior sentinels are so tired by the end of the day !!
I am so blessed to have the energy to do "other things" during my day. I thank God each and every day that I have my health, my mind, a stunning place to live and the strength to do most things I want to do. I work hard at keeping fit, eating well, challenge my mind, count my blessings and keep an upbeat attitude. I am a person who looks at the glass as 1/2 full........ I truly have been blessed.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 04-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Sage

And don't forget those who "paid too much" at a restaurant even though they had plenty of time to study the menu before ordering and could have walked out if too expensive
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 04-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
I am so blessed to have the energy to do "other things" during my day. I thank God each and every day that I have my health, my mind, a stunning place to live and the strength to do most things I want to do. I work hard at keeping fit, eating well, challenge my mind, count my blessings and keep an upbeat attitude. I am a person who looks at the glass as 1/2 full........ I truly have been blessed.

Nicely said, Suzie. As I see it, people in a hurry shouldn't worry about the glass being 1/2 full or 1/2 empty. They should be as thankful as us in that they have a glass, with something in it!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXNana View Post
I'm guilty of charging my phone at the airport and never thought about using electricity I hadn't paid for. I will rethink that decision in the future.
I love that most airports have actually put in charging areas at the gates. I used to have to find an outlet not already in use, and usually sit in the floor, so I could plug in. We aren't outlaws anymore.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:38 AM
Sage
Default Two More!!

Quote:

Went to the gym a couple of weeks ago and realized I left my gym bag in the other vehicle. Not wanting to spend 50 minutes in a golf cart. I went to work out, in sandals. I knew the rule and obliviously, I was not going to walk fast and or run on a treadmill. The attendant informed me that I needed to stop worling out as I didn't have the proper foot attire. It's a liabilty issue and I understand.

1.To the person who made it their business to report me to staff/manager, "mind you own, bee's wax". I wasn't affecting you. #@&*^!+$#$$#$$

Went to Katie Belles last Sunday to see the Godffather's Comedy Club. I sat at the bar and the couple who was at the table next to me, were very loud and demanding. If you didn't care for the acts, get up and leave but please, don't talk so loudly, that other people would have trouble hearing what the comedian was saying. I didn't pay, to hear you BS, with your buddy.
This person got up several times, to demand service form the waitress, at the bar. I mentioned to her that he was the rudest SOB, I ever ran into and I'm from N.Y. She rolled her eyes, as she couldn't wait for him to leave. Some peope need to realize they are not the only one's in the world. I would have said something to him, but if he answered me back, I might have done something stupid, as I was very upset. Some people, just don't get it.

Like my oldest brother, who was a patient in the hospital. He was such a P.I.T.A, the nurses threw a party, when he was discharged. True story!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:

Jim, when you hit ball, it goes out of the park. well done.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.