You just have to see this!

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Sage
Wink

That is a terrible post. I guess Darrel is just to sweet to be included. If I were you, I'd be tempted to come out
Old 10-28-2008, 08:13 PM

Would you guys run a board again if you knew it would be like this??
Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Yes.

I easily look by troublesome people and look toward the multitude of good and truly intelligent and sincere folks here.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Yes.

I easily look by troublesome people and look toward the multitude of good and truly intelligent and sincere folks here.

" Keep in mind that our community is not composed of those who are already saints, but of those who are trying to become saints. Therefore let us be extremely patient with each other's faults and failures. "
Mother Teresa
Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Gold member

Tony, Jan and Darrel,

I was very surprised to see a private message sent to you posted for all to read on TOTV. I do not know who the individual is but I will assume by there writing that others will be able to identify this person.

I do agree with what Bright wrote

"We respond from hurt in many different ways. For me (and others who I personally know), it is to fade and slide into the background. For others, it is to vent verbally with unacceptable language that I'm sure is regrettable once the anger subsides.

We all are human and have made poor decisions along our road of life. However, in my opinion, it's in bad taste as an administrator or anyone else, to exploit the mistakes of others. At times, anger can get the best of us and Tony...you aren't exempt. We all say (or post) things we regret at some time or another. I know you know what I'm saying.

My recommendation...delete this thread."

I also feel this thread should be deleted. You have written in the past in a vague way about the type of pm's you receive. I find that acceptable as there is no way to identify the writer(s) nor are you sharing a private message with everyone.

Curious did you get the person's okay to post their private message?

HB
Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator

That email was tantamount to a letter to the editor.

We saw no reason to keep it private, nor were we asked to keep it private.

The bigger question is should we privately reveal to those mentioned that they were mentioned?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Gold member

Tony, I think it is a good idea that the people mentioned in that letter be informed of the animosity this person holds for them simply because of the tone of the letter. I hope Bright and HB that it was a heat of the moment thing also and that you are both right but I would also want to know if someone had a vendetta against me. Nice to have to worry about that, eh?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Sage

I agree with Peachie. The letter was threatening and those named should be informed. I would also reveal the author to those named so they can act defensively should a situation arise.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Gold member

I did not realize a letter sent to all of you was similar to a letter to the editor.

I feel that the people who were mentioned definitely should be notified. I also feel that after you notify them post that the people mentioned have been notified.

My reasoning for the second posting is that for those who were not mentioned, but thought it might be them - can breathe a sigh of relief.

Not knowing who the person is or their mental state just the fact that they stated the following -

"And also, give a big **** you to (female member), (male member), (another mail member) and (another female member) and tell them all, I will see them at TV. **** you Jan and Tony!!"

I feel it is your responsibility to inform them. I do not know if this person is letting off steam, if it is an idle threat or .... I feel the individuals named should make the decision what they want to do.

HB

Old 10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Platinum member
Question

OMG, what the heck is going on??!!! Please inform the folks named. This may be a serious threat. If you don't and something insane happens, could you possibly be liable for not contacting the proper authorities? Just my thoughts. How frightening that someone could get so vile........
Old 10-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
That email was tantamount to a letter to the editor.

We saw no reason to keep it private, nor were we asked to keep it private.

The bigger question is should we privately reveal to those mentioned that they were mentioned?

That is a tough call to make. If the person that wrote this note to you is remorseful at this point (now that it is made public) and sees the errors of their ways....well then perhaps it is not worth stirring the pot. The author of the letter certainly owes the two of you an apology....at the very least!

The other reason I might hesitate in revealing to those members they spoke of....well they too may be just as angry and react in the same way...but towards that person who sent the letter to you.

That will not help anyone! I think it would probably just make it worse....and then continue in a vicious circle. It just depends on the people mentioned....if they are calm and reasonable then you are probably safe....if they are EMOTIONAL....well it may just get them fired up...which won't help the situation....

I am not saying you should not have posted this...nor am I saying that you should remove it...it is very sad that debates and information on the political thread have upset someone so much that they come after you for making a decision to remove something!

This is a scary world at times isn't it...and sad...

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 AM

WOW. . . Not good and to the one that sent that very bad PM you need to go some were els and I hope you are far far away from TV and TOTV is not about this type of stuf nor are all the very very good people

Not Good grow up

Da Sgt
Old 10-29-2008, 01:08 AM
Sage
Arrow I Agree!

I'm not going to debate if this letter should have been posted or not. Not my call. But I will say that since it was posted, you have a duty to inform the people named (privately) that they have been threatened. They have a right to know.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,560 Times in 1,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I am pretty sure who it is and it is ugly and frightening.

I would guess that anyone reading this forum would have a pretty good idea of who the person is that wrote the letter. The people named would be a bigger question, since the letter writer in my opinion "took on" a good many folks.

The intensity of posts written in political gets down to pretty scary to me, and sometimes go beyond heated to hatred, at least to me as it appears in print.

I would like for you administrators to inform the people named in that letter, at least privately.

PLEASE.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:05 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would guess that anyone reading this forum would have a pretty good idea of who the person is that wrote the letter. The people named would be a bigger question, since the letter writer in my opinion "took on" a good many folks.

The intensity of posts written in political gets down to pretty scary to me, and sometimes go beyond heated to hatred, at least to me as it appears in print.

I would like for you administrators to inform the people named in that letter, at least privately.

PLEASE.
I think it would be a dangerous thing for you to "guess" who was the author of that letter. Additiionally, just because it came to us from a specific address, we cannot be legally certain who actually wrote the words. We were not there to see who was banging on the keyboard. However, if you happen to receive an email or PM from this address, and it contains any threating verbage, I would advise you to keep it, in the event it is needed in the future. Our file from this address was not empty when this current email arrived.

For the information of everyone concerned, once you receive a letter or an email, it becomes your property, for you to with as you please. This extends pretty far. If I write something and send it to you, it becomes your property. If you then send that same letter to Santa Claus, it is now your property and Santa Claus's property So, never, ever, put anything in writing that you will be sorry for later on. Santa may leave your some coal.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.