Are You More Active Since Moving To Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
I

We were mentally and physically active prior to moving here, but it wasn't as enjoyable. Here, we grin at each other and seize the day!
So true. I was active in Ohio but had limited options. Here it's infinite. Play tennis almost daily but if it's raining can do yoga. Loads of fitness classes and love water aerobics. I do wish there were more water aerobic classes in the afternoons. Add to that the dancing. We square dance weekly and go to the squares a couple times. What a life!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Gold member

I found that over time my activities have changed. When I was younger most of my activities were more child centric, I still got out for racquetball, hunting, fishing as well as coaching 3 youth sports and serving on the local board of education, all this despite having a blood clotting disorder that caused 2 major heart attacks, multiple DVTs, gangrene a quadruple bypass and eventually a heart transplant. We moved to The villages because it offered more facilities and clubs which enhanced the opportunity to remain active despite how badly ravaged my body was and is by circulatory issues. So the answer from my prospective is YES, a heartily felt (excuse the pun) YES!
Old 07-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Couch potato here from Ohio. Never did anything but go to work, sit all day, come home. Now that we are here we are out doing something every day including golf about 3 days a week. Sunny Florida gave us a whole new outlook on life!
I was going to post but decided I could just use your post. It describes my life perfectly, including the "Ohio" part.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.