Do you have T-Mobile cell phone coverage?

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Default Do you have T-Mobile cell phone coverage?

I live in the village of Hemingway and was wanting to switch t-mobile cell phone service, but I want to make sure that there is good coverage in this area, and if you are pleased with their customer service. Really, just a list of the pros and cons.
Thanks,
Mike

I really want to drop Verizon
Old 01-27-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
I live in the village of Hemingway and was wanting to switch t-mobile cell phone service, but I want to make sure that there is good coverage in this area, and if you are pleased with their customer service. Really, just a list of the pros and cons.
Thanks,
Mike

I really want to drop Verizon
I've got T-Mobile. We live in Winifred. The coverage is ok. Mostly LTE, but it drops down to HSPA/EDGE in some spots and can occasionally drop out altogether inside certain buildings (e.g. the Bob Evans restaurant on 466). On balance it is as good as our former carrier, AT&T. Verizon has better coverage in general. The question for me was is T-Mobile good enough? So far it is. It is also a lot less expensive. On AT&T we were paying almost $180/month for a 3 line plan with 6GB of shared data. On T-Mobile its $140 a month for the same 3 lines with no limit on data (the so-called T-Mobile One plan).
--
Bob C
Old 01-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Veteran member

Get a group of 5 together, friends, family, whatever and walk into the cricket office. 5 lines $100 includes all taxes, unlimited everything. (Although they will throttle your Internet after 3gb on each phone)

One phone I think is $35 or $40

They use the att signal and have great coverage.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:24 PM

Will do, thanks.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:25 PM

The price is hard to beat for t-mobile, but I have verizon now, and we are between their towers, so constant dropped calls.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
The price is hard to beat for t-mobile, but I have verizon now, and we are between their towers, so constant dropped calls.
If you want to keep Verizon tell them you want to cancel because of connection issues and they will suggest you purchase a Samsung Network Extender. It connects to your modem and dropped calls will stop around your home. Don't agree to pay for it they will cough it up to keep your business. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I would not suggest T-Mobile in this area. I had T-Mobile when I first moved here in 2006 and I kept it for a year before I finally got aggravated and switched to Verizon. Verizon was the only one that had better ratings with Folks on talk of the villages at that time. I also had problems with dropped calls at my home in Sunset Pointe! They ended up sending me a signal booster box free of charge because I threatened to leave them. The minute I purchased my iPhone 6 my problems went away and I have not had to use the booster since! So I would definitely pursue it from 611 on your phone and complain royally to them that you are going to switch companies and don't mention who. If your phone is an older phone you may want to upgrade your phone also!
Old 01-27-2017, 10:09 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

I'm another vote for heading over to the Cricket Wireless shop on Bichara Blvd by the Publix in the Spanish Springs area! I switched to them because of the phones offered, because they got me an "end of life" I-phone recently removed from sale by most carriers, because they spent over an hour with me to port my tele number and set up the new phone and teach me how to use an I-phone and because their plans all include taxes/fees in the single price. Not to mention how great their service was whenever I would call or stop by with another question from a newbie!

Hubs has AT&T service so I knew I would have no probs with service here and up/down the East Coast between Maine and Florida.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:23 PM
Platinum member

T-Mobile has worked fairly well for us. Coverage inside the house is a bit spotty. There is about a quarter mile dead area on Odell that I plan ahead for. It's great if you travel internationally.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
I'm another vote for heading over to the Cricket Wireless shop on Bichara Blvd by the Publix in the Spanish Springs area! I switched to them because of the phones offered, because they got me an "end of life" I-phone recently removed from sale by most carriers, because they spent over an hour with me to port my tele number and set up the new phone and teach me how to use an I-phone and because their plans all include taxes/fees in the single price. Not to mention how great their service was whenever I would call or stop by with another question from a newbie!

Hubs has AT&T service so I knew I would have no probs with service here and up/down the East Coast between Maine and Florida.
We love Cricket. I pay $35/month for my phone. ATT towers. Taxes included.
Tampa, FL
Old 01-28-2017, 08:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxfan View Post
I've got T-Mobile. We live in Winifred. The coverage is ok. Mostly LTE, but it drops down to HSPA/EDGE in some spots and can occasionally drop out altogether inside certain buildings (e.g. the Bob Evans restaurant on 466). <snip>
Interesting comment because I have AT&T and have a very weak signal inside Bob Evans on 466.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagerNut View Post
I would not suggest T-Mobile in this area. I had T-Mobile when I first moved here in 2006 and I kept it for a year before I finally got aggravated and switched to Verizon. <snip>
You had a very valid reason for switching, but SO MUCH has changed since 2006.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:05 AM

We use Straight Talk from Wal-Mart. $45 per phone 5GB high speed data. Uses Verizon towers. Never had a dropped call anywhere. Bring your own phone or purchase theirs.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:36 AM

We have T-Mobile and signal strength in the southern portion of the villages is not great. When I check the T-Mobile coverage map it describes signal strength as "Fair Signal: Cell reception outdoors and occasionally indoors." I have been sitting in the parking lot at the Colony shopping area and did not have a signal. I even restarted my phone hoping to get a signal without success. At home, thankfully we have WiFi calling.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
T-Mobile has worked fairly well for us. Coverage inside the house is a bit spotty. There is about a quarter mile dead area on Odell that I plan ahead for. It's great if you travel internationally.
If you have a phone that supports it and have WIFI in your house, there should be a setting in your phone to use your WIFI for calls if the cell signal isn't up to par.
--
Bob C
Old 01-29-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagerNut View Post
I would not suggest T-Mobile in this area. I had T-Mobile when I first moved here in 2006 and I kept it for a year before I finally got aggravated and switched to Verizon. Verizon was the only one that had better ratings with Folks on talk of the villages at that time. I also had problems with dropped calls at my home in Sunset Pointe! They ended up sending me a signal booster box free of charge because I threatened to leave them. The minute I purchased my iPhone 6 my problems went away and I have not had to use the booster since! So I would definitely pursue it from 611 on your phone and complain royally to them that you are going to switch companies and don't mention who. If your phone is an older phone you may want to upgrade your phone also!

T-Mobile has done a lot of infrastructure build out since 2006. I suspect that your experience would be very different today.
I use T-Mobile in the Villages and up north in the summer. It's OK. It doesn't have the coverage of verizon but the cost for me is much less. When I am at home, I make calls over WiFi. I get adequate cell signal in my home but the signal will vary depending on where I'm making calls from in the house. Net, net I am satisfied with T-Mobile. I really like there customer website too.
Closed Thread

Tags
t-mobile, cell, phone, coverage, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.