Younger Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2011, 02:53 AM
Veteran member

this police blotter here vs the one from Philly? No comparison!

Just sayin..................

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 10-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan
Default Rough Patches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
And what would you suggest? Should parents turn their back on their kids? No family is immune from some rough patches.
No family is immune from some rough patches? Absolutely true, however, just read of a Villages resident age 26 arrested for armed burglary in the police blotter.

Now we have stepped over the family rough patches, to residents having to be concerned.

They shouldn't be in a retired neighborhood. I think the parents, or grandparents, should take their darling rough patches, and find another non senior retirement home to live in.

It would be one thing if it was read about once in awhile, but these issues in the police blotter for 19-30 yr old "residents" are becoming way too frequent.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W;407***
The first item I notice when I read about the arrests are the bonds set by the judges are practically nothing. You only have to come up with 10% to bail out and you know the parents are the ones putting up the money. Set their bail at $50,000 and then we'll see if they want to spend $5,000. If these people were to spend 60 or 90 days in jail then maybe they'll figure out when they get released it's time to get out of here.
In Virginia, Mom, Dad and mostly Grandma can post property (the house) for bond. They get sprung fast on high bonds too.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,655 Times in 1,776 Posts

This problem is rampant everywhere. I know a woman of 80 in California who has had two drug and alcohol abusing sons sponging off her literally their whole lives. The sons who live with her off and on, mostly on these days, are now 55 and 58, old enough to reside in TV themselves. Police get called regularly by the neighbors because the sons are either loudly and roughly fighting or behaving obnoxiously in other ways. One has set fire to her home while under the influence. The "boys" get arrested now and then. She acts like everything is just fine and still works to support them. She has had to sell her home and other assets since her husband died to continue to support them and now must rent. Talk about denial!

I am here for the month of October and have been reading the police blotter daily. It looks like even in TV yoyo adult children of all ages and some seniors themselves, are around to cause disturbances and even commit some serious felonies.

At one time I lived in a small mountain town having a reputation for being a safe haven and a great place to raise children, which it was by most standards. Still, a lot of bad stuff happened there that never made the local paper. I knew the DA quite well so I heard far more than most folks. The staff in the ER, the police, the sheriff and prosecutors are the people who are aware of what really goes on anywhere.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Gold member

Let face it there is no visible presence of authority. Yes the local PD does at times set up speed traps ( which is fine with me ). There is never a patrol car just patrolling, part of prevention is a visible presence of authority. The Village Patrol is a JOKE they are not police office qualified or even peace office qualified. I wonder if the size of local PD has increased a fast as as the population of TV, I doubt it. Take our heads out of the sand and realize we live a real town with with real problems about security, safety etc.
We need more enforcement to be present at events and in the square, parking lots. Maybe some security cameras outside in the parking lot of the country clubs, and a few more place where people leave the golf carts and clubs - just the fact the cameras are present is a deterrent. I really thought we would never need these measures of protection, but we have grown so fast and so big, maybe we dont attract the same prospective buyers as we used to. Most of the older people found out by word of mount, and attracted the same caliber of people we were used to getting. All of the advisements on television, fairly low price (compared to the north), may have attracted a different buyer. No enforcement of the rules (unless reported). Remember if you live in a barn you will smell like a horse. That being said. I know many will disagree. Back to the bubble. Waiting for the new Villages in Texas to open
Old 10-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Sage

Have any of you been to Spanish Springs after the evening concerts? There are large groups of local area teenagers - some with tattoos - hanging around and walking around the square. They are congregating around and on the property of the Church on the Square. They seem to be oblivious to the patrol car that goes by just now and then. What should be done?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Have any of you been to Spanish Springs after the evening concerts? There are large groups of local area teenagers - some with tattoos - hanging around and walking around the square. They are congregating around and on the property of the Church on the Square. They seem to be oblivious to the patrol car that goes by just now and then. What should be done?
I don't think there's a law against tattoos.... nor is there any law against congregating in the squares...we all do that...and we have open containers too.

As long as they behave themselves, I don't see a problem...
Old 10-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Tattoos? Oh my!!

Seriously, I loathe tattoos but that doesn't mean the persons wearing them are criminals.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Platinum member

Most tatts are harmless self expressions, some, not so much. http://www.gangsorus.com/gang_tattoos.html
Old 10-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,526 Times in 1,918 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Tattoos. One of the prejudgements that I am working on. My dearest friend has a little tiny one, but generally speaking I don't like 'em.

I told my grandkids that tuition payments were based on lack of them and piercings too. And of course decent grades.

Old fashioned Gracie.

But back to the kids. I am showing my age here.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Keep in mind when you are having this sort of conversation that "village resients" unintentionally extends to guests, renters and their guests and local residents outside TV that come to the town squares. I say this so that before you accuse anyone first define their status as being one of the aforementioned..................I'm just saying.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Definitely an issue that needs to be addressed. Those damned trouble making teenagers and worse yet, the tattoos. But hold on, it's even more horrible than that...

I've also noticed a lot of trouble in the area by other groups of people.. those $%&* smokers. Have you noticed how many residents (probably some non residents too) that hang around TV smoking? What is wrong with people that they would smoke cigarettes? Just plain stupid and nothing more than a crutch for weak people.

What about all those golf cart driving, beer drinking thugs? Geez, that needs some attention too. I even heard that some of those crazies, drive their golf carts while they're intoxicated. Can you believe that?

And don't even get me started on the motorcycle gangs in TV. I heard that some of them have those damned awful tattoos also.. the nerve!

I think what makes me the most upset however, is the massive number of busy-bodies who have nothing better to do than watch and judge others based on their age, choice of self expression, the clothes they wear etc. They too inhabit the town squares and can be a major problem.

I think TV may in-fact be somewhat like the rest of the country, so it's probably not a very nice place to live. What a disappointment.

Oh well... for now, I'll just keep my tattoo covered (perhaps have it removed) and stay the hell out of the town squares, especially after dark.

It's so disheartening to move to a retirement community, only to find out that everyone is not just like me. I was fooled.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,413 Posts

Quote:
And what about those residents with tattoos......what to do, what to do?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Gold member

Tattoos. Funny. My wife and I never seen so many women in Florida with tattoos.From the Mid-West,we have never seen this. Not just young women but,Grannies for God sakes.Many from the villages.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Veteran member

Chief-X;
A very well put posting. The squares are very scarey. You forgot about the "gangs" who assemble in Spanish Springs on the 3rd Saturday of the month in old cars, many with loud pipes, and some drivers even have tattoos!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.