Is your Century link Tv working?

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default Is your Century link Tv working?

For the past three days the Television reception in the rental I am at is having problems. The audio is out of sink and the picture pixalates. This is both intermittent but really annoying. Is it because there are storms some place? It wasn't storming last night and we had the problem watching the good wife. Anyone else having a problem, is this normal for century link?
Old 01-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Default Century Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
For the past three days the Television reception in the rental I am at is having problems. The audio is out of sink and the picture pixalates. This is both intermittent but really annoying. Is it because there are storms some place? It wasn't storming last night and we had the problem watching the good wife. Anyone else having a problem, is this normal for century link?
We are new to Century Link and the problems you mentioned are the same as what we are having. Hope this will soon be corrected.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:32 PM

Same issues with me.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Gold member

You might need the Century Link box replaced. Call who you rent from and tell them.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 01-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikitv View Post
You might need the Century Link box replaced. Call who you rent from and tell them.
Century Link installed new boxes the day we arrived.
So I gather from posts all Century Link TV customers are having the same problem.
If so then there isn't much to be done. Guess it is just crappy service, Its going to be a long two months.

Ok someone just PMed me and said they don't have a problem that I should unplug and plug back in the box with the flashy lights maybe I'll try that.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:02 PM

We live in the village of St James and are not having any problems with our reception.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Sage

SORRY, but get used to it. This is common with Century link. I had Comcast then switched to Century link. After putting up with this all the time I went back to Comcast. I went back not only for this but because of free movies on demand. Century Link gave me about 9 choices and Comcast over 50.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Gold member

I am renting so not my choice but if we move here now I know don't get century link. The rental we had for Dec had it and it worked fine now this one (different village) doesn't at all. I thought it was the rain but it happens with no rain. I will just have to see my shows a few days after they air by streaming them from Comcast via my surface and an HDMI connect.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:02 AM

I have had Century Link since Oct 2013 no problems
Old 01-07-2014, 11:04 AM

We live in Gilchrist and are not experiencing any problems at the moment. A few time we have had an issue with the sound sounding like its in a tunnel. We change stations and then come back and its resolved and only happens on WESH Channel 2. Very happy with Century Link so far. Any issues which I think they all have can be easily fixed with a phone call usually or resetting the boxtop.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:45 AM

I'm in Gilchrist and having no problems.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.