Your Villages Building Experience..

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2021, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
We built less than a year ago and we were pleased with the process. We were assigned a designer who we met us at The Street of Dreams and guided us through the process. We were done in less than 5 days (not full days). Make sure you have your model picked out and decide if you want to do any stretches. As far as interior and exterior finishes go, tour as many models and open houses as you can and write down your favorite things in each. The designer can look that up and do the same for you. You may even find one that you want to copy completely and that really speeds things up. We were pleased and impressed with the abundance of selections and the overall knowledge of our designer. Relax and have fun. You’ll be in your new house before you know it!
Your Samsung appliances aren't yet a year old according to this. Have you called WARRANTY? I have found that they have tremendous clout with anything to do with your home. I know they would be mighty eager to solve your problem with your brand new appliances.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,903 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaAnn View Post
You need AT LEAST a week. Do not plan to work on the weekends. We worked Monday to Friday, then finished the following Monday. We saw our design consultant at the Design Center (ask your sales rep to take you there), pool people, landscape people, and the ethernet/smart house person. All were very helpful. This is an intensive process, so do get some ideas of what you may want BEFORE you go.
For some people, yes, not for all people. It all depends upon your personal research and knowing what you want . . . if you don't know what you want, then making a decision with 10 different offerings for each choice is brain draining. It is a well known human behavioral issue, that the more offerings which are made, the harder it is to decide as the differences between appealing offerings start to become smaller. However, we did not have a pool, and I knew what I wanted with the home network wiring, being that they did not sell a smart home package 2 years ago, and I have worked with high tech for 30 years

We finished in 3 days, and made a couple of tweaks on the 4th day after seeing the total being lower than we anticipated, which allowed a few extras which we were contemplating.

So the more you know what you want, the easier the decisions are to be made. Also pays to search and look at as many homes for sale on the villages web site as possible to get ideas about what some people have done, such as replace the traditional nook with something else, etc.

a property brothers' guy
Closed Thread

Tags
process, love, long, hear, building

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.