100,000 population

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Default 100,000 population

I’m hoping that someone might be able to help me. I’ve read about a build out after 100,000 population.
Will the current owners be leaving at that time? Is this something that is a concern?
We are coming down to take a look at TV in February.
Thanks for your help.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

We don't plan on going anywhere.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Platinum member

No one can really answer your questions very easily here. Would it help if I said I've never met a single resident who is really concerned about TV's future, especially in our lifetimes?

You sort of have to see it to sense what I mean. Until you get here, I suggest you keep reading TOTV threads. Literally thousands of pages have been written about the quality of life, future growth, and potential future challenges to the community.

Enjoy your visit!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Sage

I think OP is referring to the developer. My guess is he will not go anywhere. He has built a money machine that goes way beyond selling homes. The rent money alone from all the commercial property could support quite a few people, plus various other enterprises not the least of which is property resales.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Veteran member

The developer owns the squares and the 18 hole courses.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Veteran member

Most of us will be dead when they pull out and then u will most likely see huge changes,,, FYI my son in law works for the FHA , he says the patio villas Wuld pass for section 8 housing exactly as built,,, his thoughts are someone was really thinking ahead
Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Maybe...maybe not

My neighbor had some plumbing work done before Christmas. The plumber told him that the developer told them to double their work force to 40 people because right after the first of the year they are going to build like crazy to finish off the remaining homes. If they aren't sold, they will rent them. I, for one, am very concerned about the developer losing money because "he may no longer be a billionaire but rather a millionaire." Maybe that is what is keeping me up nights???? Or maybe it is wondering if I can afford to live here myself. I am just sayin'

When God made me he said Ta Da!

Last edited by Moderator; 01-03-2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Removed political statement
Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 AM

:i con_bored:
Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
Most of us will be dead when they pull out and then u will most likely see huge changes,,, FYI my son in law works for the FHA , he says the patio villas Wuld pass for section 8 housing exactly as built,,, his thoughts are someone was really thinking ahead

Good morning sunshine. Shooter, you are always the bearer of such happy thoughts.

I have to think that if it were just money the Morse family would have stopped, sold, moved a long time ago because in their lifetimes and in their children's lifetimes they are set.

And Salybow, do not base too much confidence on stories heard from contractors. They are often misinformed as I have learned many times over five years reading this forum.

Higher tax brackets for people with higher income is not new.

They are building spec homes again PROBABLY because they can't keep up with custom homes and have a lot of people interested in buying. That is how it was five years ago. No custom homes were being built at that time, it was only spec homes available, and enough choices of different additions and upgrades and kicks so that almost everyone got what they wanted.

I cringe to think of this place being turned over to the people who live here. We can see the fuedin' a fightin' and a fussin ' that goes on just on this forum and many of us have witnessed first hand what dreadful messes homeowners associations can become.

I would think that like most people who take pride in their work. the Morses would not abandon it to ruin. That is what I hope anyway.

And we all took that risk when we bought here and for many of us the wonderful lifestyle has continued for many years.

I hope we all outlive it's decline. It is just beautiful.

AND I DON'T WORK FOR THE DEVELOPER. I am just a happy older woman.

AND....we can all give opinions, as I just did, but I don't think ANYONE knows what will happen after buildout...if buildout ever occurs.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
My neighbor had some plumbing work done before Christmas. The plumber told him that the developer told them to double their work force to 40 people because right after the first of the year they are going to build like crazy to finish off the remaining homes. If they aren't sold, they will rent them. I, for one, am very concerned about the developer losing money because "he may no longer be a billionaire but rather a millionaire." Maybe that is what is keeping me up nights???? Or maybe it is wondering if I can afford to live here myself. I am just sayin'
Oh my. Lets see the developer told the plumber who told your neighbor who told you..............................
Old 01-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Oh my. Lets see the developer told the plumber who told your neighbor who told ..........................
Another rumor. Continue dancing!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Sage

I don't forsee Gary Morse and his family going broke for my lifetime and even my grandchild's lifetime. He ha s built a wonderful community and has his hands in a lot of money making ventures.

Maybe I am an optimists but I think TV will pretty much be a vaible entity for many years to come.

BTW - I think the population will be 110,000 after build out is complete.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-05-2013, 04:19 PM

Thanks so much for your thoughts.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:31 PM

My grand inlaws come down to TV for 3 months per year and rent. The community is amazing, when I am down there with them I have never run into anyone concerned about the future of TV. The older phases are thriving just as the new phases are.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

So I hear the candlestick maker has a better rumor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.