1st LSV in 1.5 weeks

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Default 1st LSV in 1.5 weeks

We will be there soon with another couple for our 1 LSV. This is a recon mission, getting lay of the land for a week.

We will spend a day or so with TV agent to get a feel for areas and types of homes. Then probably day/part day with outside Realtor to look at used home/values.

Are there open houses's/models we can visit on our own? I don't want every day taken up by being led around by an agent. Would like to look at old section jsut to see as well.

Besides taking in the squares/entertainment/restaurants what are we missing? restaurant

Probably won't golf, can do that anytime.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Sage

Hi Jack Pines,
Welcome! You can look in the Villages Daily Sun newspaper for open houses. Two additional recommendations:
  1. Drink Kool refreshing drink
  2. Bring checkbook
Old 01-11-2012, 06:52 PM

Are those open houses usually run by agencies? Also are there models you can go to without TV agent (in case we want to go back after discussing)

This is truly a recon trip. If we like we will probably buy next year rent/visit until we can retire and snowbird (love the north woods) then eventually come down full time.

At lest that's the plan. As some general said the plan is always good until the first shot is fired.................
Old 01-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default As a general rule

If it says OPEN HOUSE, most agents are there only if you have questions!..
Old 01-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Gold member

You all should also really go to a class or meeting of something you're interested in. Classes in rec centers are free, get a guide in the Thursday paper or pick up at rec center.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
You all should also really go to a class or meeting of something you're interested in. Classes in rec centers are free, get a guide in the Thursday paper or pick up at rec center.
Can you just pop into these and observe uninvited? Will want to visit rec centers as well.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default OH you just won't believe it!!!!

Yes. People in my art classes are used to visitors. New people come in and you'd think we were paid by the developers. That....is the reason the sales people don't push. All us enthusiastic landowners are singing the praises.

Take the trolley ride. You will get free golf on a championship course, PLAY! Eat at Cane Garden and at Glenview. Go to Katie Belles and dance at both squares. See the Sunset from your golf cart at the rest area on the bridge at Lake Sumter...without a pee. (Take some wine, but don't be caught carrying it in an open container.) Talk to Villagers..just say..so do you live here? Stop by at our house if you like, we live close to Lake Sumter.

I cannot wait to hear your assessment, Jack.

Please write a long post. We will enjoy every word.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Veteran member

You have to be accompanied by a TV agent when touring the model homes...unless they are having open houses in the models, in which case you can walk through on your own. But they don’t have open houses in the model homes that often. They also have open houses in individual new construction homes (that are not model homes), that you can visit on your own. There will be a TV agent available to answer questions at each of those open houses. And then there are open houses for pre-owned homes which are held by the home owners or their agents.

I understand what you are asking, it would be great to be able to walk through each potential floor plan without having an agent with you, (like you can with most new construction developments outside of TV) but that doesn’t really happen here. The bright side is that being driven around by a TV agent is a very informative, enjoyable and zero-pressure experience. They will also be able to tell you when and where all of the (TV sponsored) open houses are.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:19 PM

Exactly, I like the on your own thing. I get how it works there, thanks.

I always shop for cars on Sundays when the lots are closed. Just me I guess.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Have your TV rep show you the model homes to check out the floorplans. The open houses are just that - open - you just walk in during the open house hours and look at your leisure. There will be open houses listed in the daily sun for the Villages plus individual MLS agents will advertise their open houses, plus for sale by owners will advertise open houses (generally on weekends). Have fun!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_pine View Post
We will be there soon with another couple for our 1 LSV. This is a recon mission, getting lay of the land for a week.

We will spend a day or so with TV agent to get a feel for areas and types of homes. Then probably day/part day with outside Realtor to look at used home/values.

Are there open houses's/models we can visit on our own? I don't want every day taken up by being led around by an agent. Would like to look at old section jsut to see as well.

Besides taking in the squares/entertainment/restaurants what are we missing? restaurant

Probably won't golf, can do that anytime.
If I remember correctly, TV agent will not take up much of your time as that will be determined by you. You can do as much or little as you want. It's a non-pressure type situation.

The trolley ride and all the other suggestions were very good. You might want to get a map at the Sales office and explore TV by golf cart.
Most of all, talk to people and ask questions. they are more than willing to help you.

Enjoy the beauty of TV and it's friendly people. Have a great visit.

P.S. - Bring your checkbook.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
No, nut just you. Me too along with lots of other people.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB;439***
No, not just you. Me too along with lots of other people.
Count me as one of those too.
In reality, they're different!

Last edited by CaptJohn; 01-12-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
You have to be accompanied by a TV agent when touring the model homes...unless they are having open houses in the models, in which case you can walk through on your own. But they don’t have open houses in the model homes that often. They also have open houses in individual new construction homes (that are not model homes), that you can visit on your own. There will be a TV agent available to answer questions at each of those open houses. And then there are open houses for pre-owned homes which are held by the home owners or their agents.

I understand what you are asking, it would be great to be able to walk through each potential floor plan without having an agent with you, (like you can with most new construction developments outside of TV) but that doesn’t really happen here. The bright side is that being driven around by a TV agent is a very informative, enjoyable and zero-pressure experience. They will also be able to tell you when and where all of the (TV sponsored) open houses are.
I agree.

BUT... When we went through our rep didn't say a word...didn't follow us like we were going to steal something. Just stood in the kitchen and waited for questions. He could tell us potential bump outs and give us a plat mat and show us which lot the model would fit on. But he never PUSHED or tried to sell us on anything.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Sage

Jack Pine, I've visited TV 3 times in the past 2 years, and I've been to several open houses -- both new and resale. I'm still a few years away from buying but I make it a point to go and ask many questions of the agents. Hope you find a home that is to your liking.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.