2 from Myrtle Beach

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2014, 08:22 AM
Default 2 from Myrtle Beach

My wife and I live and love Myrtle Beach. for some reason we decided to visit the villages and take the lifestyle stay for 5 days. we absolutey loved it. Now we are coming down for the entire month of June to see if it is for us. we are very active 60 year olds who love to entertain, go out at night and stay out late at times. will we find that at the villages? or dare I say after 8PM the villages are asleep. we would appreciate your input.
Thanks
Old 04-23-2014, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

80% may be asleep, but all you need is the other 20%.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
80% may be asleep, but all you need is the other 20%.
so true...thanks
Old 04-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Veteran member

We will be part of the 20% still awake after 9pm as we are night owls.

When we were on our lifestyle visit we met another couple who invited us to their house after the town rolled up at 9. I suspect this happens often.

By the way we love Myrtle Beach too and considered retiring there and looked at Jensen community and a few other places. Nothing came close to TV.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
We will be part of the 20% still awake after 9pm as we are night owls.

When we were on our lifestyle visit we met another couple who invited us to their house after the town rolled up at 9. I suspect this happens often.

By the way we love Myrtle Beach too and considered retiring there and looked at Jensen community and a few other places. Nothing came close to TV.
Thanks for the response. we are perfectly content with our lives here but for some reason we wanted to experience what we heard so much about TV's and we just loved it. we just want to make sure it's right.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

Perhaps you should consider renting in TV for a few months a year. This way you would have the best of both worlds.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joed01 View Post
My wife and I live and love Myrtle Beach. for some reason we decided to visit the villages and take the lifestyle stay for 5 days. we absolutey loved it. Now we are coming down for the entire month of June to see if it is for us. we are very active 60 year olds who love to entertain, go out at night and stay out late at times. will we find that at the villages? or dare I say after 8PM the villages are asleep. we would appreciate your input.
Thanks
Hi, to Myrtle Beach..... I have a question... do you shag? (its a dance, LOL),, we have a lot of people moving here from MB and they are great shaggers (it still is a dance...) The Shag is the hottest dance craze to come to the Villages since Line Dancing. We have clubs established, dances scheduled and lessons now being given in Rec Centers. So if you do,,, you will love it here even more.!!

To answer your question,,, I have lived here since '08 and haven't been to bed early in all those years. There's plenty of things to do after 9pm, you just need to seek them out. Lots of restaurants are starting their music events at 8pm and ending at 11. If you want to hang out, just let me know,,, I'll show you the late night spots.

Good luck,,, see ya in June!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-24-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joed01 View Post
My wife and I live and love Myrtle Beach. for some reason we decided to visit The Villages and take the lifestyle stay for 5 days. we absolutey loved it. Now we are coming down for the entire month of June to see if it is for us. we are very active 60 year olds who love to entertain, go out at night and stay out late at times. will we find that at the villages? or dare I say after 8PM the villages are asleep. we would appreciate your input.
Thanks
We are the 20 percent, not only for being night owls, but for also being under age 55 in TV. My wife and I, along with my parents, were headed to Myrtle Beach to stay in our condos December of last year. Funny story, we got to Spartanburg (from Knoxville) and asked ourselves "why didn't we go to see The Villages instead?" We heard a lot about TV, but never visited. We got on the cell phone and inquired about the lifestyle program and lucky enough a villa was available. We decided to change direction and ten hours later we found ourselves shopping for clothing, razors (and everything else we already had in our Myrtle Beach condos) at 3am in the Lady Lake Walmart! Long story short, my Parents bought a house within 7 days while there and within a month they had a moving truck ship all their furniture and contents from their Myrtle Beach condo to TV. That next month while helping my Parents move in, we also found a new house and purchased it, and within the month we had all our furniture and contents from our Myrtle Beach condo on the way to TV! Needless to say our inter-coastal condos are now listed for sale and we can't wait for the day when we are permanently living The Villages lifestyle. Myrtle Beach has been a great vacation spot for us over the last 10 years, and we never thought we would sell our condos there, but I have to say that once we discovered The Villages we have never looked back or regretted our decisions.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.