23 year old daughter may move with us

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2016, 04:04 PM

I apologize for all the Negative Nellies. Tell her to pack her bags and come on down! The Villages Charter Schools are always looking for talented teachers, their campuses are beautiful and top-notch, plus she'll be relatively close to all sorts of younger crowds from Ocala to Orlando..not that there's not lots of fun to be had, with the right outlook on life, right here!

This is my signature.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Why do you move to a 55+ retirement community if you want it to be multi generational like any other town? Move to a college town if you like having a bunch of young people around you all the time. I like young people too, but I can't imagine wanting to live in TV if I was in my 20s because I would want to be around my generation, not my parents generation. Everything is geared toward old people.
Age 55+ community had very little to do with our decision to move here, in fact it had almost nothing to do with it. The impeccable cleanliness, beautiful facilities, solvent "city" government, good home prices and uniquely healthy housing market, friendly people from all different states, and perfect weather were at the top of our list of reasons.

As for "everything is geared toward old people", I don't think so. We've never lived anywhere where year-round golf, bicycling, softball, outdoor swimming and tennis, pickle ball, dragon boating, polo, sand volleyball, and especially live music on 3 town squares 365 nights per year with healthy retailers all open were even a remote possibility.

IMO only a person who does not live here would say your last sentence!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
Age 55+ community had very little to do with our decision to move here, in fact it had almost nothing to do with it. The impeccable cleanliness, beautiful facilities, solvent "city" government, good home prices and uniquely healthy housing market, friendly people from all different states, and perfect weather were at the top of our list of reasons.

As for "everything is geared toward old people", I don't think so. We've never lived anywhere where year-round golf, bicycling, softball, outdoor swimming and tennis, pickle ball, dragon boating, polo, sand volleyball, and especially live music on 3 town squares 365 nights per year with healthy retailers all open were even a remote possibility.

Couldn't agree more.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzg8tor View Post
Our 25 year old Grand daughter has lived with us here in The Villages for the last three years. She works locally for a home health agency and is completing her Masters degree next month. She has loved it in The Villages. She is not resented in any way by our neighbors and she considers many of them her close friends. She will be moving to a convent in St. Leo Florida in January and we will miss her but she has a higher calling. Bring your daughter down - I think she will enjoy our community.
She'll be just fine. Don't listen to Outlaw, whoever that is. She'll be free to find her own way and be safe in the process. This is not an area filled with folks her age, obviously, but if she's into education, finding herself and expanding her horizions, she'll be just fine. Bring her on.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyCakes View Post
She'll be just fine. Don't listen to Outlaw, whoever that is. She'll be free to find her own way and be safe in the process. This is not an area filled with folks her age, obviously, but if she's into education, finding herself and expanding her horizions, she'll be just fine. Bring her on.
Absolutely agree.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:32 AM

Yes, adult children do live in the Villages.
They can get a "green" card saying they are here and have the privilages of any Villager EXCEPT.. they can not participate in activities in regional rec. pools. (we had a wv player who was not 30 and was told she shouldn't be there.) But, as far as I know, everything is open.
It gets a little lonely for youngins... so a bit of advise.. check out "meetup.com" There is a group of younger adults who get together to do fun stuff.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:08 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Why do you move to a 55+ retirement community if you want it to be multi generational like any other town? Move to a college town if you like having a bunch of young people around you all the time. I like young people too, but I can't imagine wanting to live in TV if I was in my 20s because I would want to be around my generation, not my parents generation. Everything is geared toward old people.
I think we're talking about young adults, not little children.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you're daughter isn't able to get a teaching job, if she is into physical fitness the MVP Athletic Club could be a possibility. They have two locations in TV. I go to the one at Brownwood Mon-Fri, they have several hundred members and the staff for the most part all have college degrees. There is about 20 emploees at my club and they are all in their 20's and 30's. I think everyone gets along with the staff just fine, age is not a problem. Here's a link to the instructor staff, you can see they are all young and educated and they are fun to work with.

Meet the Fitness Team | MVP Sports Clubs
Old 01-27-2016, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Saw the online news article of a 29 year old villager was arrested with two flat tires and totally drunk, who just happened to be on probation. These are the jerks we hear about...................not someone who is wanting to get a job and make something of themselves.
I hope she is happy.
BTW if you are reading this and have someone who fits the drunk guy and are thinking of them living with you..............don't.

Tags
moving, thinking, daughter, common, appreciated, allowed, live, community, retirement, enamored, living, input, lifestyle, villages, fact, move, year, days, plan, preview, part, booked, march

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.