2nd Pair of Hands

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Gold member
Default 2nd Pair of Hands

Has anyone hired someone to help with projects around the house? I'm pretty handy myself but sometimes I just need another pair of hands to perhaps hold a light assembly while I hook it up or help install attic stairs. Easy jobs but really difficult when working alone. My wife helps when she can but in the interest of preserving our marriage, I try not to ask her too often. <G>
Here, in NY, I can most always get a friend of relative to help and then I reciprocate when they need help. After I make the move to TV later this year I'll be a one man band so I'll need to hire someone.
I certainly don't mind hiring a handyman or other professional when necessary but I'm perfectly capable of doing most homeowner stuff myself.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:55 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Understand your problem. Perhaps we can work on trading some time with each other. I do almost everything myself as well and sometimes need that extra help. Or a special tool you only need once a year (ie basin wrench comes to mind) or someone to just talk about the best way to approach something. I do almost all repairs myself and have a masters electrician license. Have done plumbing, carpentry, tile, landscape, etc. I am still a snowbird, but spending more and more time there and hope to be there full time sometime later this fall or early next year. I live in Sunset Pointe.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Gold member

Great, we'll be moving to St. Charles. I don't know where that is, in relation to Sunset Point, but I guess it can't be too far. I'll try to send you a p.m. with my personal info. I don't know where that is, in relation to Sunset Point, but I guess it can't be too far. I'll try to send you a p.m. with my personal info. I've never tried that before on this site so , who knows, it might spend eternity floating around in cyperspace.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 PM

Hey bluedog I live in ST Charles. Sunset Pointe is a little more than a stones throw away
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.