2nd Visit....Recommendations?

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Default 2nd Visit....Recommendations?

We hope to stop by and take another look around. Getting serious ...... and a tad older. Being that we already did the Lifestyle visit, can anyone recommend a place to stay? Is it possible to visit the facilities or do you have to get permission and/or some sort of pass? Are there open houses advertised for sale? If so, where? Lastly, any advise from all you seasoned residents?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allus70 View Post
We hope to stop by and take another look around. Getting serious ...... and a tad older. Being that we already did the Lifestyle visit, can anyone recommend a place to stay? Is it possible to visit the facilities or do you have to get permission and/or some sort of pass? Are there open houses advertised for sale? If so, where? Lastly, any advise from all you seasoned residents?
You may be allowed another Lifestyle visit.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills
Default Lifestyle isn't

I think you can get a five day no golf cart second lifestyle visit. If you have a realtor in TV ask them
Old 01-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Lifestyle Visit Limit

So I gather from the previous comments, that there is a limit to the number of LSV's, with access to amenities (?)
Old 01-06-2012, 03:24 PM

Welcome back - if you are looking for a realtor I HIGHLY suggest Kathy Collins - she is with The Villages realty and did an outstanding job. Knows her stuff - learned us and our unspoken desires very quickly - went to work immediately - and if it wasn't for her, we probably wouldn't have gotten our home (she was always 1 step ahead of us - thankfully!). If you call her, tell her Erick sent you.
The Villages
Old 01-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Veteran member

Call and ask for another LSV on the date you want to come. If they can fit you in they usually will. If not ask if you can get a room at the Waterfront Inn and get a visitors pass. If it can be done they will make it happen. We did 3 LSV ,1 hotel stay, and rented 2 times.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Sage

I would recommend another LSV. Another option in the Towne Place Suites at Spanish Springs, (,Marriott Hotel). A short one block walk from the square. You can rent a golf cart to explore TV.

I believe they have a one bedroom with kitchen facilities type sites.

Best Wishes.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-06-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatorman View Post
Call and ask for another LSV on the date you want to come. If they can fit you in they usually will. If not ask if you can get a room at the Waterfront Inn and get a visitors pass. If it can be done they will make it happen. We did 3 LSV ,1 hotel stay, and rented 2 times.
Just finished scheduling first Lifestyle Preview, first avaible date April 11, 2012 (65 days) . Made the reservation for five days 4/11/12-4/16/12 however I should be home April 1st, would much prefer an earlier visit before April 1.

What does the visitors pass do for you? Maybe I can get a reservation in March at the Waterfront Inn, enjoyed that the first time we visited.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Waterfront Inn is about $130 a night, that's a great location if you're looking to live in the newer areas like Tamarind Grove, St. James or Sanibel. Otherwise if you want to save some money the Holiday Inn Express by Spanish Springs is normally $95 but we mentioned our salesman's name, "Tony Trussler" and we got the room for $79 a day last July. Most of the other motels are also $95, if you don't get the discount the best place for the money is the Hampton Inn on 466 near Buena Vista for $95 and they did have a $10 AARP discount.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The Waterfront Inn is about $130 a night, that's a great location if you're looking to live in the newer areas like Tamarind Grove, St. James or Sanibel. Otherwise if you want to save some money the Holiday Inn Express by Spanish Springs is normally $95 but we mentioned our salesman's name, "Tony Trussler" and we got the room for $79 a day last July. Most of the other motels are also $95, if you don't get the discount the best place for the money is the Hampton Inn on 466 near Buena Vista for $95 and they did have a $10 AARP discount.

Thanks for the hotel tips. If I choose to go that route, ie hotel with visitor pass vs lifestyle visit what will I miss? I consider not having to deal with a sales person a plus at this time. However need some guidence to get the most from our visit. Understand roaming around TV with a golf cart can be educational.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 PM

If there is room you can have another LPP stay, but without any golf or extras. You would still have the golf cart & bikes.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Sage

Hi allsu70,
Your best first step is to call your TV sales agent and tell/him her you are interested in returning to look at houses. If he/she cannot accommodate you for another LSV, then ask him/her for the discount at the TV hotel of your choice and ask whether that can include the passes. The passes you get with the LSV give you access to the recreation amenities.

Best wishes and please keep us posted.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

I had 3 LSV with all the bells and whistles. I NEVER asked for the same sales agent as I had previously. I simply called the sales center and asked about a visit. Each time, I was setup with no questions asked. Now, I didn't have a sales agent that had been working with me, so I felt no allegiance to anyone.

Another LSV should not be a problem...
Old 01-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222

I suggest renting a house for a month or two. I did just that in August, 2010 (when it is hot and cheap!) You will be given a guest ID so you can use all facilities. Just Google: the villages 4 rent

I didn't know where to rent in 2010 so I just picked a place that fit into my price range plus had a golf cart since I would not have a car. I had a great month and now live in The Villages full time in the Village of Buttonwood.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:07 PM

I work at the sales center, and now unless you just slip thru the cracks, you can only have one LPP visit with all the golf, as a matter of fact after the beginning of the year you don't get the dining discount book anymore either. You will get an ID but no perks on a second visit.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.