Activation of mailbox and telephone

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2021, 03:58 PM
Default Activation of mailbox and telephone

Moving to the villages pending hopefully in late January if Covid and snow allow.
How do I activate my name for mail delivery to my mailbox??
Also, how do I get a landline telephone number assigned ??
Old 12-16-2021, 05:11 PM

Welcome.

You should get a MB key at closing. Mail addressed to your name and street address will go to your mailbox. Once you close, give it a few days and then send your self a letter/postcard to test the system.

Landline phone? Does that still exist in new construction? You will need to contact the landline phone company to contract for service. If a re-sale, ask the current owner who they use.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,155 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMDSB View Post
Moving to the villages pending hopefully in late January if Covid and snow allow.
I agree with above, except not sure there are any real landlines anymore, most are Voip through your cable company and you will get a phone nukmber when you arrange for cable service.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:21 PM

Just bought a new home last summer. There aren't any phone outlets in the home nor wires for phone service in the low voltage cabinet in the garage. If you want a landline, I think your only option is as stated above. Get a phone line from your internet provider. It will be VOIP and will be down anytime the
internet is down.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo21 View Post
Just bought a new home last summer. There aren't any phone outlets in the home nor wires for phone service in the low voltage cabinet in the garage. If you want a landline, I think your only option is as stated above. Get a phone line from your internet provider. It will be VOIP and will be down anytime the
internet is down.
We moved into a new house and it has phone lines and outlets wired in. We don't use them but they are there.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-16-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
We moved into a new house and it has phone lines and outlets wired in. We don't use them but they are there.
Are those phone or ethernet outlets?
Old 12-16-2021, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Are those phone or ethernet outlets?
According to the electrical diagram for our house they are telephone. Plus you can also see all the wired pairs in the low voltage box.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-17-2021, 06:07 AM
Red face Tv Service

I can get you a streaming service which is one quarter of the price of the cable companies. It’s a great service which includes many channels including movies and sports.

Reply to tvalternatives98@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
Welcome.

You should get a MB key at closing. Mail addressed to your name and street address will go to your mailbox. Once you close, give it a few days and then send your self a letter/postcard to test the system.

Landline phone? Does that still exist in new construction? You will need to contact the landline phone company to contract for service. If a re-sale, ask the current owner who they use.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:46 AM

Have a home in the TV that's 13 years old. No landlines!! Throw that PRINCESS phone away.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

Love my landline, but it is getting expensive
Old 12-17-2021, 07:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
Welcome.

What the other people said about mail. There still are landlines because we have one. You call the provider that's here. I think we have CenturyLink. We're still pretty "old school" with technology etc. Don't even have a (gasp) smart t.v.----yet---nor do we subscribe to NetFlix and similar offering.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
We took the Move as an opportunity to drop the landline. And everyone had our cell numbers anyway. However, my cable company does offer home phone number in their packages.
Welcome!!
Old 12-17-2021, 08:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
internet is down.
You might consider something like this, but use cordless telephones for extensions. Then you still have service if cable or internet is out of whack. https://www.amazon.com/Cell2jack-Cel.../dp/B089984QRT
Old 12-17-2021, 08:56 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
You will also need to go to the post office and put in a change of address card for all mail to be forwarded to your new address. Your new address will automatically be connected to your mail box. There are some people here that still have physical land line phones. We have a friend in Village of Tamarind Grove that does not have a cell phone and only a land line. You just have to get with a local service provider. Probably around 90% of the people living here have kept their same cell numbers from previous locations.
Old 12-17-2021, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,937 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:

Go to ladylake post office get change of address. What every service you get will assign you 352 land line number. IMO if you have cell phone you don’t need land line and you will be getting 20 spam calls a day minimum.
Closed Thread

Tags
mailbox, telephone, activate, activation, mail

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.