Where to stay overnight with pets enroute to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2023, 09:04 AM
Smile Where to stay overnight with pets enroute to The Villages

My husband and I are so excited to be making our move to TV in a few weeks. Can't wait to meet ya'll and make some friends. One big concern is that we are traveling with our pets and will need to stay someplace along rte 95 on our way down from the NorthEast. Any recommendations for pet-friendly places in the Carolinas would be most appreciated! TYIA
Old 09-18-2023, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShanGirl View Post
My husband and I are so excited to be making our move to TV in a few weeks. Can't wait to meet ya'll and make some friends. One big concern is that we are traveling with our pets and will need to stay someplace along rte 95 on our way down from the NorthEast. Any recommendations for pet-friendly places in the Carolinas would be most appreciated! TYIA
It really depends on how far you're going to drive. On the way south we've stayed in Rocky Mount, NC, Dunn, NC, Lumberton, NC and Florence, SC. We've been trying to get farther south each time. When staying in Florence there are numerous hotels right off I95 and several that are pet friendly. We've been staying in Comfort Suites in Florence as they are very clean and the pet fee isn't exorbitant. There is also a Mellow Mushroom restaurant that is pet-friendly where we can sit outside and not have to leave the dog in the hotel room. The best website to do your planning is bringfido.com. Good luck on the drive.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,233 Times in 2,814 Posts

LaQuintas are pet friendly and most Best Westerns are also pet friendly. We have found that those two are the nicest pet friendly options, but it varies from place to place. Avoid all the cheaper motels like Red Roofs or Motel 6, they are dumps. A few years ago many places allowed a dog to stay for free, but now just about every place has an up charge fee of anywhere from $15 - $50. We no longer take 95 until hitting it deep into South Carolina as we prefer going 84 to 81 to 77 to 26, however, we used to like staying at the Sure Stay Best Western in Manning South Carolina (OK room with nice big field to play ball/frisbee with the pup). Safe Travels : )
Old 09-18-2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShanGirl View Post
If you have a cat(s) be careful. They find some difficult spots to hide. On more than one occasion we had to remove a mattress to locate the feline. Another time there was an unseen hiding spot behind/under a desk, and we finally called Maintenance; he knew exactly where to look.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,341 Times in 4,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
LaQuintas are pet friendly and most Best Westerns are also pet friendly. We have found that those two are the nicest pet friendly options, but it varies from place to place. Avoid all the cheaper motels like Red Roofs or Motel 6, they are dumps. A few years ago many places allowed a dog to stay for free, but now just about every place has an up charge fee of anywhere from $15 - $50. We no longer take 95 until hitting it deep into South Carolina as we prefer going 84 to 81 to 77 to 26, however, we used to like staying at the Sure Stay Best Western in Manning South Carolina (OK room with nice big field to play ball/frisbee with the pup). Safe Travels : )
When we drive down (over two days), we stop in Florence, SC. It's about 1/2 way from the DC area.

We stay at the Comfort Suites, just off 95. Pet friendly.

Comfort Suites Florence I-95
2120 West Lucas Street, Florence, SC, 29501, US
(843) 662-5295

Clean, friendly, free breakfast. Last time we stayed (January, 2023), there was no charge for our pup...

Oh, and there's a Buc-ee's an exit or two before you get there...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2023, 04:25 PM

If none of those work out, the huge travel search sites have a filter for pet allowed lodging.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,233 Times in 2,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
When we drive down (over two days), we stop in Florence, SC. It's about 1/2 way from the DC area.

(843) 662-5295

Clean, friendly, free breakfast. Last time we stayed (January, 2023), there was no charge for our pup...

We have reservations on Wednesday night, at our halfway point from Western Massachusetts, at a Quality Inn in Christiansburg, VA. It’s not the nicest place, but it’s almost exactly halfway, pet friendly, reasonably priced, we can back the truck right up to the door to our room, there is an ice machine, and a decent place to walk the dog. We basically have our dinner (which is already packed in our cooler), take a walk, watch TV for a little while, and crash. In the AM, we basically get up, take a quick shower, and hit the road. No need for anything fancy. Can’t wait to get back inside the bubble : )
Old 09-18-2023, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,328 Posts

Drury Inn is clean allows pets for $25-35 a night, plus room. Definitely prefer over red roof or budget
Old 09-18-2023, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post

(843) 662-5295

We stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites on Woody Jones Boulevard, I think it's the next exit. Lots of restaurants and there's also a Dunkin about 3/4 of a mile from the hotel. We were going to head down this Saturday but the weather looks like rain, so it looks like we may be leaving Friday instead.
Old 09-18-2023, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
We have reservations on Wednesday night, at our halfway point from Western Massachusetts, at a Quality Inn in Christiansburg, VA. It’s not the nicest place, but it’s almost exactly halfway, pet friendly, reasonably priced, we can back the truck right up to the door to our room, there is an ice machine, and a decent place to walk the dog. We basically have our dinner (which is already packed in our cooler), take a walk, watch TV for a little while, and crash. In the AM, we basically get up, take a quick shower, and hit the road. No need for anything fancy. Can’t wait to get back inside the bubble : )
It's a beautiful ride, both kids went to VT so we know that route well. I just don't like to do the extra miles. And it's two lanes and there are a LOT of trucks.
Old 09-19-2023, 03:15 AM

Drury Inns are fabulous!! Provide a buffet each evening...terrific breakfast buffet each morning! Staff are engaging...buildings are bright and clean...reasonable price and welcome pets.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:31 AM

Here are two web sites that will help

Just a moment...

Just a moment...
Old 09-19-2023, 04:38 AM
Default Use the internet

Go to the Yelp site. See what past travelers say about pet friendly motels. It is helpful. Good luck and safe trip.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:01 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Any LaQuinta motel. They are pet friendly, and I believe there is still no extra fee.

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 09-19-2023, 05:06 AM

Download BringFido app. We used it when traveling. Identifies pet friendly hotels in all area with search. Works Great!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
stay, pets, someplace, rte, traveling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.