Another preson bitten by th TV bug

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Default Another preson bitten by th TV bug

I’m hooked on moving to TV. I have a lot of questions, but will dump them on you slowly.

1. Do you need a driver’s license to drive a golf cart?
2. If any , what type insurance do you need for a golf cart
3. Is there some type of public transportation in TV? I’m not talking about the shuttle to the airport. I thought I stumbled across a site for on demand bus service within, but can’t find it again.
4. When buying is it best to use a real estate agent outside or from inside TV?

That’s enough to start. Enough though my name is Lone Traveller feel free to refer to me as LT.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Re: Another preson bitten by th TV bug

Hello LT..

The Villages Florida

You came to the right place for lots of information and warm and caring friends..

Best of luck to you!

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Traveller
I’m hooked on moving to TV. I have a lot of questions, but will dump them on you slowly.

1. Do you need a driver’s license to drive a golf cart?

No you don't need a drivers license. There is an age restriction I think it is around 13 years of age I am sure someone else will let us know.

2. If any , what type insurance do you need for a golf cart

It is a smart thing to purchase insurance to cover the cart and liability. It is not expensive around $100.00 yearly.

3. Is there some type of public transportation in TV? I’m not talking about the shuttle to the airport. I thought I stumbled across a site for on demand bus service within, but can’t find it again.

Yes there is a county bus that runs thru The Villages I don't know where it goes. There is also a cab company operated by you guessed it The Villages.

It just depends on the property that you want to purchase and who has it listed.

That’s enough to start. Enough though my name is Lone Traveller feel free to refer to me as LT.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:35 PM

Just one comment on the insurance for golf cart question. Make sure you care enough uninsured motorist insurance on your golf cart. It's a separate policy that is not included in the homeowners policy. Most golf cart accidents occur between cars and golf carts and in Florida only $10,000 in insurance is requirted by State law. If you are hit by a car in your golf cart (most of which do not have seat belts) you will probably suffer a head injury from being thrown from the cart. Costs for these type of injuries can run in the $100s of thousands. I speak from experience, I worked for a pi lawyer here in TV and we handled lots of golf cart crashes. Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:42 PM

In response to #4

If you are buying new you can only but though a villages sales person.
If you want a resale use both. Some are listed though MLS and only a licensed real estate agent can show these. Some are listed through the villages (VLS) and can only be shown by villages sales people ( They are not necessarily real estate agents they are sales people). By all means see all you can before you buy and don't forget sales by owned there's a bunch on sale here look to the right side of the screen for the sale by owner web site. ;D
Old 08-14-2008, 01:47 PM

Age allowed to drive golf cart is 14.
We have insurance through Allstate but you can get it with your homeowners insurance.
Full coverage $60 a year but depends on age and value of your cart. Mine are not new.
Welcome to TV
Old 08-14-2008, 02:12 PM

This is the website for a bus that runs in the Villages. Hope it helps

Willy

http://sumtercountyfl.gov/cs/transit/bus.htm
Old 08-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Sage

From the schedule, the bus takes an hour and a half to go from the start of the route @ 466 Wal-Mart to the end of the route @ Spanish Plains Center.

Golf cart time = 15 - 20 minutes.
Car time = 10 - 15 minutes.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-16-2008, 01:57 AM
Gold member

[quote=livsea2 ]
In response to #4

If you are buying new you can only but though a villages sales person.
If you want a resale use both. Some are listed though MLS and only a licensed real estate agent can show these. Some are listed through the villages (VLS) and can only be shown by villages sales people ( They are not necessarily real estate agents they are sales people). By all means see all you can before you buy and don't forget sales by owned there's a bunch on sale here look to the right side of the screen for the sale by owner web site. ;D
[/quoteFor goodness sake do you homework. read the lengthly thread about the unfortunate couple victimized by deceitful realtors. Don't let your exuberance blurr your judgement or it could cost you a fortune. Get a copy of the Property Owners Associations newsletter BEFORE you do anything.]
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.