Any Mainahs out there?

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 05:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
We have been in Maine for 30 + years. My husband created 4 Nursing Homes in Maine and opened the 1st hospice there. We live near Portland in the summer and in Belle Aire in the winter. Life is good!
Where are the nursing homes and was the hospice in Scarborough?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
We have been in Maine for 30 + years. My husband created 4 Nursing Homes in Maine and opened the 1st hospice there. We live near Portland in the summer and in Belle Aire in the winter. Life is good!
My son works near there - he is the Exec. Chef for the Regency Hotel - in the Old Port section of Portland. Interesting - Maine is well represented down there- we hope to be in our new place in Pinellas by mid Oct this year. - will be permanent down there.
Originally from Maine & Virginia
Old 08-20-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Where are the nursing homes and was the hospice in Scarborough?
The 1st hospice in Maine was Clover Manor in Lewiston/Auburn; 20ish years ago
The other Nursing Homes are in Gorham, Kittery and York.
I hope that we can all meet one of these days soon at a Maine group gathering.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Default Neighbors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Cookie View Post
Sue,
are we following each other? - I taught at Waterville JHS for 28 yrs -- the old one on Gilman St, and the newer one out by Thomas College - remember the first year it was open the roof collapsed because of snow load that was my classroom and the room next to it - we have been in Fairlakes and then Alexandria, Fairfax county for last 13 yrs. -- small world!!! We (the four of us should get together some time) -- You will be in a nearby Neighborhood - we are building on Yearling Way in Pinellas. We will be down there permanently starting sept 3rd - renting til ours is finished in Oct.
We live on Yearling Way as well! My husband is from Bingham and I'm a teacher from Kennebunk! Hopefully we can connect!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:14 AM

I'm a Maine-ah. Raised in Brunswick, Maine. I started my teaching career at Coffin School in Brunswick. Moved to Michigan and now here in the Village of Gilchrist! Welcome!

The truest life is when we are in dreams awake. Henry David Thoreau
Old 08-21-2013, 08:33 AM

Welcome! We are from Maine--Joe is from Bangor and I am from China. We have only been here for 2 months and came via Arizona-having lived in New Hampshire and California. We both were in the teaching profession. Joe went to University of Maine and I went to University of New Hampshire. We knew Waterville well....are you familiar with Bolley's Hot Dogs? YUM! My relatives still live in Maine.
Joe and Joan Killington Loop; The Villages
Old 08-21-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljacques View Post
We live on Yearling Way as well! My husband is from Bingham and I'm a teacher from Kennebunk! Hopefully we can connect!
yes familar with Bigham -- and you are a teacher - I taught for 34 yrs -- 28 at Waterville JHS -- 6 at Aiken Tech College, Aiken, SC.
small world.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintstones View Post
I'm a Maine-ah. Raised in Brunswick, Maine. I started my teaching career at Coffin School in Brunswick. Moved to Michigan and now here in the Village of Gilchrist! Welcome!
Being from Brunswick, you must know where Richmond is -- that is where I grew up. and I taught at Waterville JHS for 28 yrs.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljacques View Post
we will be at 2167 - hope to meet you.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Location: Pinellas, from St James from Kennebunk, Me from Bingham, Me

Hello,
We are from Maine, spent the last 30 years in Kennebunk/Kennebunkport, and first bought a Patio Villa last year and decided to move permanently and now have a new house in Pinellas. Still unpacking, but enjoying it very much!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinmaine View Post
We lived in Winthrop from 1998 to 2012. My office was in Augusta so I went through Manchester often. I had an interesting flight one time where I was in Manchester, England but my final stop was Manchester, NH, and I eventually ended very close to Manchester, ME. It caused quite a stir in Manchester, England at the ticket counter. Fortunately, I arrived at the proper destination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Cookie View Post
we were in Manchester in 98 and 99 -- left from there to go to Aiken, SC - we were right in the village of Manchester..about two blocks from P.O. - Ingraham Street we were at that time next to last house on the right -- very large ranch with circular drive way -- do not remember number. - like the booking of flight in Manchester, England - must have had them going in circles.
br
Cookie
It certainly was interesting. I half expected to take off circle around and end up back on the ground in the same place. There was a lot of head scratching and chatting going on at the time, but in the end, they sent me in the right direction.
As for Manchester, ME, I used that PO often as I was the treasurer of the Cobbosseecontee Yacht Club and the club used a POB there for our mail. It worked out well as my office was in Augusta so I went by on my to and from my home in Winthrop.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Sage

123Cookie,
I'm not from Maine, but I've been to Augustah... ur, GA that is. There's a nice golf course there.

BTW, there's probably a Maine Club in TV. There's a club for people from everywhere!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
123Cookie,
I'm not from Maine, but I've been to Augustah... ur, GA that is. There's a nice golf course there.

BTW, there's probably a Maine Club in TV. There's a club for people from everywhere!
Used to teach almost beside that golf course - at Aiken Tech College - same road about 3 miles back towards Aiken, Sc. -- very familar with area - lived in Aiken for 6 yrs. - wife work for sub-contractor for SRS out of Augusta - EXR , belive was the name of it -- that was back in mid 90s.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondjo View Post
Welcome! We are from Maine--Joe is from Bangor and I am from China. We have only been here for 2 months and came via Arizona-having lived in New Hampshire and California. We both were in the teaching profession. Joe went to University of Maine and I went to University of New Hampshire. We knew Waterville well....are you familiar with Bolley's Hot Dogs? YUM! My relatives still live in Maine.
Joe and Joan Killington Loop; The Villages
oh yeah on Bolley's Hot dogs, college Ave, Waterville, - spent a good many lunch breaks there. - outstanding taste - nothing like it any where else!!!
I also was a teacher - taught 28 yrs at WJHS there in Waterville - then on to teaching college for another 6 yrs in SC. I still have a son and daughter and familes in Maine -- Son is the executive chef for Regency Hotel in Portland Maine - Daughter is a Medical Transcriptionist at Skowhegan Hospital.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Location: Pinellas, from St James from Kennebunk, Me from Bingham, Me

Hello,
I have also 30 yrs at PNS!
Don't recognize you from your nickname,

Mark Jacques
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.