Apartments in the Villages

Old 04-15-2024, 07:17 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,561 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have to question that The Lofts actually has a waiting list. I went there and the salesperson told me there is a 2 year waiting list, and that she would put me on it. But, there was no deposit, no written confirmation, and no follow up whatsoever. You cannot maintain an active waiting list unless you collect a deposit and provide regular follow up information about the status of the list. It sounds like they have so many people ready to move in that they don't care about maintaining a list. Very inefficient management.
Did you try and call for an update?
Old 04-15-2024, 07:30 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,062 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
I heard the rent in Spanish Springs apartments is $3500-$4000 per month. At that price it is better (and cheaper) to rent a home from a Villager. You will have bigger rooms, a yard, lanai, and garage. You will not have to lug your groceries and what not from a detached parking space quite a distance away.
You can rent CYV with a garage for less than 2000 a month. Just pay the 50 for a transfer of amenity use?

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 04-15-2024, 07:31 AM

There is another option not mentioned yet, if you really want closer to apartment living rather than house living, which are the townhouses near Spanish Springs. Technically they are condos I believe. Neither you nor the landlord have to maintain the exterior (roof, irrigation, planting) and you have a little courtyard to yourself. Yes there are stairs but some have elevator. There is one actively available for rental right now. And unlike the Lofts at Spanish Springs Patten House you actually have garage parking.

Last edited by sowtime444; 04-15-2024 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,755 Times in 5,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
The monthly fee for Freedom Pointe depends on number of residents in the condo as it is the only fee and includes some meals and all utilities. Also, not sure the smallest unit is at $350,000, althought the cost does include how you choose to outfit the unit. The caveat there is the medical care FOR LIFE, tho. It's not just an apartment complex. You are buying in to a LIFE CARE plan you never pay another penny for and can never be refused care...moving thru independent to assisted to memory, alzheimers, nursing care, etc. FOR LIFE.
The entrance prices range from $228,700 with a monthly fee of $3,150 for a studio apartment with the "no refund" option to $819,300 with a monthly fee of $5,040 for a 2 BR, 2B, plus Den apartment with the 90 percent refund option. The second person fee is $19,100 plus $1,270 per month. Note that the majority of the apartments have 2 bedrooms or 1 bedroom with a den. There are very few 1 bedroom or studio apartments.

Yes, you do get a LIFE CARE care plan, but you still need to pay an additional monthly cost if you move from independent living to assisted living or to the nursing care facility. However, the monthly charges are somewhat discounted in those facilities. I'm not sure what you mean by not paying another penny for care, but that is not true, unless you are broke. If you totally run out of money, they will not require you to move out.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Default Apartment in villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipd411 View Post
I want to sell my house in the villages and move into an apartment. Are there apartments in the villages that you can rent? I want to keep access to the rec centers so that is why I want to rent in the villages.
Look at individual unfurnished homes ( long term leases) in the villages. Then you can pick the location, have more room, pay less money each month and have the villages access cards.

I rented short term ( monthly) fully furnished for five months before buying. It was great. I spent time in several villages to experience the convenience of each home.

I looked at the lofts and the price was way too much money for the small space.

Did you see the the talk of the villages today? There is some one looking to rent their home out. There are property management companies that could help you find the right home at the right price/ location

Last edited by Sully2023; 04-15-2024 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:10 AM

New apartments in Spanish Springs - approx. $3900/mo+ for 1425 sq ft. I believe and they had some left as of last week.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:05 AM

Quote:
The ones that I mentioned do provide access to the amenities. Some others also do, but some do not. What I don't like about Sumter Senior Living and Watercrest is that they charge about $6,000 per month for an unfurnished apartment and there is no lease, except month-to-month. To me, a better option is Freedom Pointe, but they are condos, not apartments. You pay a large amount upfront ($350K to $500K) and a monthly fee of about $4,500+. Technically, it is a condo, but you can only sell it back to Freedom Pointe. I would suggest visiting several facilities.
The good thing about that month to month lease is it allows for a “lease break” in case of illness or death. My MIL was a resident of an independent living facility. Shortly after moving in she got so ill she needed to move out and we were able to work with the facility to leave her things there to be sorted after she died. Very convenient.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,755 Times in 5,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiandJay View Post
The good thing about that month to month lease is it allows for a “lease break” in case of illness or death. My MIL was a resident of an independent living facility. Shortly after moving in she got so ill she needed to move out and we were able to work with the facility to leave her things there to be sorted after she died. Very convenient.
If they are going to require a month-to-month lease, they should furnish the apartments. Who would want to furnish and decorate an apartment, when they can throw you out or raise your rent at any time?
Old 04-16-2024, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,283 Times in 4,300 Posts

Quote:
If they are going to require a month-to-month lease, they should furnish the apartments. Who would want to furnish and decorate an apartment, when they can throw you out or raise your rent at any time?
One would think that the "month to month" lease is there to protect the renter...

I highly doubt it's there so that they can "throw you out at any time"...

And there is most likely a yearly rent increase clause, not an "any time" clause...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-16-2024, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipd411 View Post
I want to sell my house in the villages and move into an apartment. Are there apartments in the villages that you can rent? I want to keep access to the rec centers so that is why I want to rent in the villages.
Call me I can help you.
Marion Cloud
703-314-7033

Tags
villages, apartments, rent, access, rec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.