Avid motorcyclist

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2023, 04:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
I think we’re pretty far off topic.
Yeah the OP asks where he can ride his motorcycle and whether it is worth bringing his bike down for a week trip to the Villages and then a bunch of non riders get on and post about all the dangers down here and a whole bunch of other stuff the OP wasn’t asking about. Don’t you think motorcycle riders should have answered the OP’s inquiry? These are the same people who get in golf carts without a helmet or seatbelt. The one fact that many of these “cagers” forget about is the high number of golf cart riders who have been killed or seriously injured in accidents in the Villages over the past years. It is a sizable number, but for some reason this is rarely talked about. Why? Maybe it is because they all ride in golf carts and enjoy it and are willing to accept the higher risk of death and serious injury because they like the way it feels and enjoy the breeze and fresh air? Being in a car is dull, riding a motorcycle or a golf cart is fun and as long as you are willing to accept the higher risks involved you can carefully enjoy these activities. (Both activities are more dangerous per mile traveled than driving a car.)

Last edited by Happydaz; 01-12-2023 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2023, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Oh, I forgot to say that some of my VERY BEST riding experiences came riding OFF-ROAD in Arizona up and hills on a 250 cc Honda on and off road bike. To me that was more exercise and skill enhancing and seeing wildlife than I ever got riding on a road, which is just A to B. Animals do NOT run from a QUIET dirt bike or a bicycle. I know this won't impress anyone, but I also owned a Honda 90 which got about 100 miles per gallon and had a top speed of only 40 MPH on the street. It could be used as a DECENT off road bike in a pinch as it had a lever that gave it a low range with lots of torque. I took it with me deer hunting out west a couple of times - great for scouting. That 90 cc 3 stroke was a MASSIVE seller throughout the Far EAST for a very long time until the middle classes there got more money to afford cars. I am surprised that Honda stopped making them - there were very rugged....... ACTUALLY unbreakable !
"A quiet dirt bike?" Is this something new?
Old 01-13-2023, 07:22 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post

Surron Storm Bee Dirt Bike - MX Edition | Built eBikes
Old 01-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Yep, usually only the clean ones are loud.
Closed Thread

Tags
area, villages, good, riding, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.