Baby Steps Toward the Leap to TV

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Default Baby Steps Toward the Leap to TV

My husband and I have been watching TV for the past 10 years as we visited his brother (formerly Del Webb Spruce Creek - currently TV). Each time we came away more impressed with the people and the lifestyle. So...after our visit in March of this year we just couldn't stop talking about what it would be like to actually live in TV. Fast forward to today: we have met with an agent at TV and begun to identify wants and needs in our new home and we are having our second discussion with a realtor (talking to three different ones) to see about listing our home in GA. The market is not very good where we live, but we will try to be realistic about pricing.

Thinking about moving to TV is really exciting. To keep myself occupied during this stressful transition time I am downsizing every room in my house - yikes, what a job. But, I see most of you have gone through the same thing.

Thanks for being active on TOTV; it is a huge help to us newbie wannabes.

Marla
Old 06-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Gold member

I'm in the same boat...and you are right, TOTV keeps me motivated. Good luck with your sale!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:45 PM

Lakegirl72

Where are you in Georgia? We live in Georgia for the last twenty years,currently in Newnan. Our house has been on the market for 1 year!!!!!!! However, we reserved a lot last year and we are moving forward with the move..sell or no sell. Talk about YIKES!!!! We meet with the design team next week. Everybody keep fingers crossed for the Georgia folks.

Sue
Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 PM

Hi Skysar,

We live in Reynolds Plantation out at Lake Oconee. It is a golf community about halfway between Atlanta and Augusta. Unfortunately, our developer pretty much went bankrupt and things have been frozen here for the last couple years. We are just now getting details about MetLife buying our development. Lots of changes. Things are looking up, but we will take a loss for sure when we sell.

Hope things go well for you. We have to sell before we can make the move to TV. I hope the wait isn't too long. I really wish you well in your transition to TV. It seems we all have something to work out before we can begin the lifestyle "dream".

Marla
Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Sage

Got my fingers and toes crossed for ya Marla and Sue. TV could use a few more people who talk like me y'all.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Its ok to take baby steps
Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM

We sold our house in Cumming,Ga, priced it right and decluttered and it went in 3 weeks. We close June 15 and are renting a patio villa in Ashland fortwo months while we look for a house. Putting our furniture in storage in Oxford until we find a house and being homeless is scary but looking forward to our new life in The Villages and making a lot of new friends and taking part in a lot of activities.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Sage

lakegirl72, Welcome to TOTV. This is the place for us wannabees to find out all about moving to and living in TV. Hope you are successful in selling your home and finding your dream home in TV.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:46 AM

We are in Kennesaw, a burb of Atlanta. Home has been on the market since Jan. but out builder is still building! We reduced the price to below the new models (it is a 55+ condo community) and giving away all the upgrades! Unfortunately, showings are few and far between! We have a lot reserved, and loose it at the end of the year so we are hoping and praying something happens!
To all of our GA fellow got to bes ... Best of luck and keep us up to date!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.